Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chocochips
    replied
    update!

    I managed to get a waveform like the one in the picture. (I simulated the circuit on multisim cuz I havent got a photo yet.)

    The white trail is when there are no metal objects detected.
    The red trail is when there is a metal object.
    In other words in the presence of a metal the wave takes slightly longer to get back to 0V.

    The picture is grossly inaccurate but I hope I managed to get my point across. :P



    Am I on the right track?

    Lastly, the range that Ive got was disappointing. It appears that there isnt enough depth, as the coil was only 3-4 cm away from the metal object to get a response like the one in the picture.

    Leave a comment:


  • chocochips
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    Like stated, NOPE!

    The signal would be meaningless. The signal has to be in the slice of time that reflects the target response.

    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    No, you cannot do away with the CD4066 IC. It is not used for disc but is used as a gate to sample the decay curve.
    Oh my, does it mean I would have to build the whole chunk?

    I have got not much time left for this project so I need to find a shortcut

    How about linking the wire from Q1's emitter to the switches?

    I'd imagine the Schmitt Triggers are made to close the switches when Q1's emitter goes to 12V (which is when the timers output goes to 0V) after the series inverting outputs.



    Thanks again guys!

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Like stated, NOPE!

    The signal would be meaningless. The signal has to be in the slice of time that reflects the target response.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by chocochips View Post
    Hello!

    Do you think I can do away with the two CD4066s? Because I am not looking at the discrimination bit of the metal detector.

    If so, is it possible to replace them with wires only? (And the input to the op amp would the same, right? =\)

    Please advise, thank you.
    No, you cannot do away with the CD4066 IC. It is not used for disc but is used as a gate to sample the decay curve.

    Leave a comment:


  • chocochips
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    Look at the signal after the sample has been taken here.
    Hello!

    Do you think I can do away with the two CD4066s? Because I am not looking at the discrimination bit of the metal detector.

    If so, is it possible to replace them with wires only? (And the input to the op amp would the same, right? =\)

    Please advise, thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Look at the signal after the sample has been taken here.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • chocochips
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    You have more signal to work with after the Integrator.
    Thanks for replying.

    Sorry but I don't really understand your post.

    Isn't the integrator used to amplifying the signal from the sampling circuit?

    So I would think that using an oscilloscope will be good enough for the job, right?

    Please kindly advise, thank you!!

    On another note, thanks QiaoZhi!

    I managed to find most of the answers that I need!

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    You have more signal to work with after the Integrator.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by chocochips View Post
    Hello guys!

    I have built a part of the circuit, namely the timer circuit until the input to the NP5534P op-amp. The plan is to power the circuit using PSUs and using oscilloscope to detect any changes in the waveforms.

    The timer is working fine, but I cannot understand the output from the circuit; when in contact with a metal, the only observed change is a slightly steeper slope to 0V. Am I on the right track here?

    I have attached two images to illustrate the question.

    Lastly, can anyone please explain the purpose of each components please? (Except for the timer components) I can't find them on google

    Thank you so much!
    If you read some of the PI articles / projects here ->

    you will find answers to all your questions.

    Leave a comment:


  • chocochips
    replied
    Hello guys!

    I have built a part of the circuit, namely the timer circuit until the input to the NP5534P op-amp. The plan is to power the circuit using PSUs and using oscilloscope to detect any changes in the waveforms.

    The timer is working fine, but I cannot understand the output from the circuit; when in contact with a metal, the only observed change is a slightly steeper slope to 0V. Am I on the right track here?

    I have attached two images to illustrate the question.

    Lastly, can anyone please explain the purpose of each components please? (Except for the timer components) I can't find them on google

    Thank you so much!

    BEFORE


    AFTER

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    ok it works only set an ic not 100% correct had to press it harder in the socket
    i can be so easy

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Ok and thanks
    Yes i will check everything and what you said is possible too. It happends to me , with one of my Delta Pulse.
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    ok thanks until here
    i will give a post for my results after that weekend


    ....wife where is my new solder iron?


    @ nelson in another forum from another detector i have read about broken trimmers or pots that can be they have a mechnical part check them

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    ok thanks until here
    i will give a post for my results after that weekend


    ....wife where is my new solder iron?


    @ nelson in another forum from another detector i have read about broken trimmers or pots that can be they have a mechnical part check them

    Leave a comment:


  • mehdi
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    hello mehdi thx

    for q6 i use mpsa13 ( no change in position)
    for q1 i use 2n3906 have it to turn 180degree (the bow shows at top)

    will try it with original parts again

    as you shown


    if nothing goes:
    if anyone sells a working singleside Pcb i would buy it (pcb with components)
    the housings for long version a hard to find and to handle with the oxygenboard i could use a standard housing (plastic box) and not a pipe
    all the best
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • taliesin
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    hello mehdi thx

    for q6 i use mpsa13 ( no change in position)
    for q1 i use 2n3906 have it to turn 180degree (the bow shows at top)

    will try it with original parts again

    as you shown


    if nothing goes:
    if anyone sells a working singleside Pcb i would buy it (pcb with components)
    the housings for long version a hard to find and to handle with the oxygenboard i could use a standard housing (plastic box) and not a pipe
    i used the oxygenboard the last one with all the corrections. seems to work ok.still shy of depth compared to other reports of the surf pi.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X