Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • barry
    replied
    Originally posted by kuraja View Post
    Can you use 12 volt 1.3ah battery...without changing pcb?
    yes that will work fine

    Leave a comment:


  • kuraja
    replied
    Can you use 12 volt 1.3ah battery...without changing pcb?

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    difference surfmaster PI and surfmaster PI pro:
    surfmaster PI have pin 5 of 555 not connected;
    surfmaster PI pro have 10nF capacitors in pin5 to ground.
    I' don't know surfmaster dual field.

    Leave a comment:


  • hobbes_lives
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    I ask this cause i saw a mod for surfmaster, that adds a 100K pot for discrimination.
    That's interesting. Where did you see that? Perhaps it was for a Surf PI Pro and they moved the pulse-delay off of the board to an accessible location? That could give you some rudimentary discrimination, by changing the pulse delay.

    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Finaly, do you know if Surfmaster PI Pro is the same has Surfmaster Dual Field?
    The Surfmaster PI was modified to create the Surf PI Pro. The changes are notated on schematics on this forum. The Surfmaster Dual Field is different, but I really don't know the technical details of that unit, or if it even uses any of it's predecessors' circuitry.

    BTW, I used a Dual Field for half a day over the past summer, and it's a nice machine.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thank´s hobbes.
    I ask this cause i saw a mod for surfmaster, that adds a 100K pot for discrimination.
    Now i m working on the housing for surfmaster, so later i hope i ll have the time to know it better.
    Finaly, do you know if Surfmaster PI Pro is the same has Surfmaster Dual Field?
    Regards
    Nelson



    Originally posted by hobbes_lives View Post
    Nelson, like most PI detectors, the Surfmaster does not have any discrimination. It detects all metal.

    With that being said, after you use the machine for a while, you can start to recognize some common junk items by the sound they make. For example, nails, bobby pins and pieces of wire make a WOW-WOW sound as you pass over each end of the item. With practice, you can start to recognize bottlecaps too. However, since I hunt the beach, and the digging is easy, I just as well dig it all up to make sure I'm not missing any goodies.

    Leave a comment:


  • hobbes_lives
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Also, have you know anything about discrimination on this machine?
    Nelson, like most PI detectors, the Surfmaster does not have any discrimination. It detects all metal.

    With that being said, after you use the machine for a while, you can start to recognize some common junk items by the sound they make. For example, nails, bobby pins and pieces of wire make a WOW-WOW sound as you pass over each end of the item. With practice, you can start to recognize bottlecaps too. However, since I hunt the beach, and the digging is easy, I just as well dig it all up to make sure I'm not missing any goodies.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks hobbes.
    Now i understad much better the circuit. I also download surf pi manual and 3 videos from youtube, that explain vary well how the circuit works.
    Also, have you know anything about discrimination on this machine?
    Kind regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by hobbes_lives View Post
    It depends on what you're calling fast vs slow. The Surfmaster is a fast sweep machine. The instruction manual states that you should use a sweep speed between 3 to 5 feet per second. This may vary somewhat, depending on the coil size that you built, but a relatively fast sweep should be fine. If you sweep too slow, the S.A.T. circuitry will adjust to the target signal, so you will lose sensitivity in that case. It sounds like something is amiss, unless you are sweeping extremely fast.



    At certain gain and threshold levels, you can hear an oscillating sound. I like to call it the "angry bee" sound. If you are testing indoors, or around any power lines, you will definitely pick up 60Hz (or 50Hz) interference as well.



    Nope, as mentioned above, the Surfmaster series can be swept at a pretty fast pace.

    Leave a comment:


  • hobbes_lives
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Ok, now can you tell me how is the speed detection, cause today i had made some experiments with surfmaster. When i pass fast from side to side f the coil a 22 cms copper coin, this is detected btw 13 to 15 cms maximun. But when i pass the coin from side to side slowly, the coin is detected at 25 to 28 cms. I this normal?
    It depends on what you're calling fast vs slow. The Surfmaster is a fast sweep machine. The instruction manual states that you should use a sweep speed between 3 to 5 feet per second. This may vary somewhat, depending on the coil size that you built, but a relatively fast sweep should be fine. If you sweep too slow, the S.A.T. circuitry will adjust to the target signal, so you will lose sensitivity in that case. It sounds like something is amiss, unless you are sweeping extremely fast.

    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    I also noticed that the threshold on a few settings sound with an oscilating tone, like when you detect an object.
    At certain gain and threshold levels, you can hear an oscillating sound. I like to call it the "angry bee" sound. If you are testing indoors, or around any power lines, you will definitely pick up 60Hz (or 50Hz) interference as well.

    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Thanks 1843, so searching must be at slow speed.
    Nope, as mentioned above, the Surfmaster series can be swept at a pretty fast pace.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks 1843, so searching must be at slow speed.
    Kind regards
    Nelson
    Santiago, CHILE

    Originally posted by 1843 View Post
    It's normal... if you pass the coin faster, detection range becomes less. Because less signal is obtained by the PI.

    Regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Ok, now can you tell me how is the speed detection, cause today i had made some experiments with surfmaster. When i pass fast from side to side f the coil a 22 cms copper coin, this is detected btw 13 to 15 cms maximun. But when i pass the coin from side to side slowly, the coin is detected at 25 to 28 cms. I this normal?
    I also noticed that the threshold on a few settings sound with an oscilating tone, like when you detect an object.
    Thanks
    Nelson
    It's normal... if you pass the coin faster, detection range becomes less. Because less signal is obtained by the PI.

    Regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Ok, now can you tell me how is the speed detection, cause today i had made some experiments with surfmaster. When i pass fast from side to side f the coil a 22 cms copper coin, this is detected btw 13 to 15 cms maximun. But when i pass the coin from side to side slowly, the coin is detected at 25 to 28 cms. I this normal?
    I also noticed that the threshold on a few settings sound with an oscilating tone, like when you detect an object.
    Thanks
    Nelson

    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Ok, now can you tell me how is the speed detection, cause today i had made some experiments with surfmaster. When i pass fast from side to side f the coil a 22 cms copper coin, this is detected btw 13 to 15 cms maximun. But when i pass the coin from side to side slowly, the coin is detected at 25 to 28 cms. I this normal?
    I also noticed that the threshold on a few settings sound with an oscilating tone, like when you detect an object.
    Thanks
    Nelson

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Ok, now can you tell me how is the speed detection, cause today i had made some experiments with surfmaster. When i pass fast from side to side f the coil a 22 cms copper coin, this is detected btw 13 to 15 cms maximun. But when i pass the coin from side to side slowly, the coin is detected at 25 to 28 cms. I this normal?
    I also noticed that the threshold on a few settings sound with an oscilating tone, like when you detect an object.
    Thanks
    Nelson


    Originally posted by cordius View Post
    My experience with TIP32 it is very very hot and surfmaster dont' work.
    IRF9640 is good for this project.
    No good 14-15 cm for 24 mm coins.
    my surfmaster detect 20 cent euro at 23 cm in air and my mobile phone at 37 cm.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thank´s hobbes.
    This is diferent from the data post by Cordius.
    But anyway i´ll experimet first with Cordius data.
    Thanks
    Nelson


    Originally posted by hobbes_lives View Post

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    Surf PI schematic

    Originally posted by hobbes_lives View Post

    Thank-You hobbes_lives , Definitely worth saving !! Best collection of search-coil Data I have seen on this forum , so far !!.......Thanks...........Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    My experience with TIP32 it is very very hot and surfmaster dont' work.
    IRF9640 is good for this project.
    No good 14-15 cm for 24 mm coins.
    my surfmaster detect 20 cent euro at 23 cm in air and my mobile phone at 37 cm.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X