Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sdesic
    replied
    Found one but it is two sided... other one is only pics ...
    I can't open .lay PCB file

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello sdesic
    why you dont look for surf pi pro here
    there is a pcb version from abperg including bw image with parts placement
    all pots at one side of pcb for easy front panel mount
    they layout includes also a trimmer for pulse width
    i think it is the best choice in moment to do a version of surf pi
    the additionel mods from the normal surf pi (some caps und resistors) are included or can be added

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Can someone post final PCB file (in jpeg)(single sided), placement of parts and final part list.
    There is too much corrections for me in this thread.
    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Originally posted by Watanabe View Post
    What is "TP1", "TP2", "TP3" and "TP4"?
    Thanks.
    Hi Watanabe
    Test pointes -TP1 for test frq.,TP2 for test offset ,TP3 for test sample 1 ,TP4 for test sample 2.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • Watanabe
    replied
    Thanks grungymike


    About your theory, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk


    Sad ... but I think we're at that point ......


    Greetings from Brazil!!

    Leave a comment:


  • grungymike
    replied
    Hobby-hour.com has a full schematic and parts list with a couple of suggested modifications. Look under Electronics/schematic diagrams/metal detectors...

    Sorry I'm so late with this, haven't visited this site in a couple of years. Finally back now, good to be back in the company of thinking people. I'm beginning to think we're an endangered species...

    grungymike

    Leave a comment:


  • Watanabe
    replied
    Originally posted by TH Jim View Post
    TP = Test Point. Where you connect your measuring equipment!!

    Regards, Jim.
    Thanks Jim.


    Can tell me what the characteristics of the signals at each point of this??


    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • TH Jim
    replied
    TP = Test Point. Where you connect your measuring equipment!!

    Regards, Jim.

    Leave a comment:


  • Watanabe
    replied
    What is "TP1", "TP2", "TP3" and "TP4"?
    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • bravodenisu
    replied
    I finally finished my metal detector Surf.
    Very, very pleased I am with him. I want to thank everyone who helped me to complete it. But especially would like to thank the person who brought me to a very sensitive detector. This is a person who WM6 I learned many things that I understand how it works this detector.
    I put on youtube that could be seen.

    Thank you all!

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Hi! xycy

    The circuit is the same as posted in this forum only made ​​the changes suggested by Mr. Wilson in post 367.

    Best Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • xycy
    replied
    Hi Dirceu,
    Please give the circuit of your SM apberg's ver.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi my friends and thanks a lot for your information.
    Yes i belive the problem is around Q6. Piezo and P4 are fine so thia weekend i will try Q6

    Best regard


    Nelson

    Leave a comment:


  • bravodenisu
    replied
    Thank you jap and also porkluvr because they gave also their opinion for a modification and improvement of my detector.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by bravodenisu View Post
    Hi! All !

    These are some modifications that I found on forums all over the world regarding this detector. Maybe there's more but I did not want to exaggerate with so many modifications.

    http://imageshack.us/a/img21/7905/testforum.jpg
    I don't want to address too many potential problems but I see something. Why is C17 (220pF) needed on the ICL7660 oscillator pin? What that does is reduce the ICL output frequency to nearly that of the transmit, which is what you DON'T want unless they will be exactly the same. If the two frequencies aren't matched spot on, they produces a low frequency beat note. Leaving the capacitor out will raise the ICL output to above 5kHz, which would still produce a beat, but at a less objectionable higher frequency.

    Also, be careful using a potentiometer for the damping resistor, even if rated 2W. You need something like a fixed resistor (maybe 270r) in series with 500r pot to try and minimize possibility of burning a portion of the potentiometer element. Better still, get an oscilloscope and experiment with fixed resistors until you find the right one for your coil.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X