Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aiko
    replied
    Thanks for the idea Cordius, but not difference. Anyway – Surf PI works very well. If there was a discrimination, it was going to be a dream.

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    try to invert the two wire of the coil, in your photo the red wire with the ground wire of the coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    Thanks Qiaozhi! Even I touch the minus on the batteries it follows a beeping. Or, If I turn some of the potentiometers even through plastic knob. I think, if I have a metallic corpus (in my case it is plastic) even then if I touch the corpus will follows a beeping.

    To all – please excuse my English!

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Aiko View Post
    Did you make this PI? Even I touch the ground (minus on the batteries) it follows a beeping sound.

    Regards!
    I have not made this PI, but not grounding the metallic case is a common problem. I assume you're not actually touching any of the circuit components to cause the beeping?
    Perhaps you simply do not have enough decoupling caps fitted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Try connecting the metallic case to the 0V rail.
    Did you make this PI? Even I touch the ground (minus on the batteries) it follows a beeping sound.

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Aiko View Post
    No interference beeping in your device? Strange Maybe this is not exactly interference, but when I touch any metallic part of my device it beeps at once.
    Try connecting the metallic case to the 0V rail.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    No interference beeping in your device? Strange Maybe this is not exactly interference, but when I touch any metallic part of my device it beeps at once.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Aiko View Post
    Thanks Geo

    My hot glue pistol is my favorite instrument

    Do you have an interference problems with your device?

    Regards!

    Hi Aliko
    No problem

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    Thanks Geo

    My hot glue pistol is my favorite instrument

    Do you have an interference problems with your device?

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Very good Aiko. Small, light and with good performance detector.
    I Like it.
    There is another reason. Your construct likes with mines.....
    Much...much Hot Glue
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    This is my handmade. One euro cent detect clear at 15 cm. 1 euro maybe 30 cm.


    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    Hi guys!

    I also build this excellent PI. Many thanks to all and especially to Cordius for the PCB.

    The detections distance is very good, but my device beeping when I touch any metallic part. I think this is some kind of electromagnetic interference. Is this normal? As I understood the discrimination pot. is for this, but if I decrease the interference with this pot, the detections depth also comes down. Is there anybody with the same problem? I will post some pictures later.

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • humhum
    replied
    Originally posted by DIRCEU View Post
    Hi! HUMHUM

    Maybe a single VU indication between ferrous and non-ferrous.



    Best Regards
    DIRCEU

    Yes, Maybe..

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Originally posted by humhum View Post
    Thanks for all answer. Do you do Baracuda discrimination?
    I waiting you for result with Baracuda.

    Best regard.
    Hi! HUMHUM

    Maybe a single VU indication between ferrous and non-ferrous.



    Best Regards
    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • humhum
    replied
    Thanks for all answer. Do you do Baracuda discrimination?
    I waiting you for result with Baracuda.

    Best regard.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X