Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eugene52
    replied
    Whites Surf PI schematic

    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Eugene and thanks for your fast reply.
    Yes i saw that curret lemit is much lower, but i ll try it.
    After that i ll post my reults.
    By the way were are you from Eugene. I m from Santiago, CHILE , SA.
    Kind regards
    Nelson
    Hello Nelson , I live in the United States , approximately 10 miles west of Las Vegas , a community called Summerlin , in Nevada which is in the "Desert" Southwest of USA......................Before I forget , here are photo's again of "Beautifull P.I. Machines" made by two Geotech-Forum members here , JoeCoin and JLKing , both are Hammerhead PI's , but notice they put the important potentiometers on the case , for easy access !!! We should do that here for this Surf PI !!!.......................Regards..........Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Eugene and thanks for your fast reply.
    Yes i saw that curret lemit is much lower, but i ll try it.
    After that i ll post my reults.
    By the way were are you from Eugene. I m from Santiago, CHILE , SA.
    Kind regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by Eugene52 View Post
    Hello Nelson , Here is the complete parts list I Made this morning "FOR EVERYONE" to copy and RE-CHECK of this GREAT underwater PI Project !!!!!............. And the answer to your question is : they are both P-channel power mosfets , the IRF 9640 has better specs . If the IRF9630 is all you have , then use it but it may fail , because the current rating is much lower , see the pdf files[courtesy of fairchild semiconductor] ............Regards..................Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    Whites Surf PI schematic

    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi there
    Does anyone know if IRF9640 can be replace with IRF9630?
    In advance many thanks
    Nelson
    Hello Nelson , Here is the complete parts list I Made this morning "FOR EVERYONE" to copy and RE-CHECK of this GREAT underwater PI Project !!!!!............. And the answer to your question is : they are both P-channel power mosfets , the IRF 9640 has better specs . If the IRF9630 is all you have , then use it but it may fail , because the current rating is much lower , see the pdf files[courtesy of fairchild semiconductor] ............Regards..................Eugene52
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi there
    Does anyone know if IRF9640 can be replace with IRF9630?
    In advance many thanks
    Nelson

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ...this is it...works more than good!
    Coil is 21cm in diamm.. wire 0.35, 24 windings... 1e coin detects at 26cm distance in air, loud and clear!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    Originally posted by Eugene52 View Post
    Great Work ApBerg and Everyone !! Is the volume potentiometer still 1 k ohm because I do not see a transformer used before the headphones ?? Damping resistor 330 or 390 ohms ?? Also what potentiometer's are mounted on the plastic case just the Volume and threshold ?? Is the Delay permanently set at 15 micro-seconds ?????.............Regards.............Eugene52
    No need transformer. Dump resistor is 390 ohm using IRF9640. Don't work with TIP32.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    Whites Surf P.I schematic

    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hello Barry

    Look at http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...fmaster&page=2
    There KT315 has a post a circuit that I have used.
    In the sprint pcb I have made a error, the fet must be a IRF9640

    Regards.

    Ap
    Great Work ApBerg and Everyone !! Is the volume potentiometer still 1 k ohm because I do not see a transformer used before the headphones ?? Damping resistor 330 or 390 ohms ?? Also what potentiometer's are mounted on the plastic case just the Volume and threshold ?? Is the Delay permanently set at 15 micro-seconds ?????.............Regards.............Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Ivconic and all goods friends from the forum.
    I just came back from vacations on the beach. There i had tested my Fisher CZ-20 and Teknetics detectors.
    The beach has a lot of back sand that almost kill any detector. Indeedm the Fisher CZ-20 had some big problems working on this soil, cause everytime you pass the coil over, the alarm for big mass of iron started to sound, makingh a shild for the smoller items. Then i tried to rise the coil a little, and that allow me to reach a few coins. Same thing with Teknetics, but had less trouble than Fisher and finaly work very good.
    Now i m back and i will try to finish my Surfmaster PI, so your comments Ivconic about it´s performance re-confirm me that this is a good smaller and easy PI machine to build.
    Kind regards
    Nelson



    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I made this 5 days ago just for fun (havent anything more important to do).
    And guess what? I am thrilled with it! Wow! It is working EXCELLENT!
    With 21cm diamm mono coil it is detecting 1e coin at 26cm distance in air!!!! Wow!
    B R A V O ApBerg!!!
    Like always, old rule justified; the things taken not so seriously turns to be most beautifull things in life!
    This is so versatile design; it can be used as powerfull pinpointer packed in a small tube with small coil or as very serious PI detector with large coil!
    I am delited,amazed and thrilled with this!!! Best small PI so far!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...this is it...works more than good!
    Coil is 21cm in diamm.. wire 0.35, 24 windings... 1e coin detects at 26cm distance in air, loud and clear!!!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Surf

    Hello Barry

    Look at http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...fmaster&page=2
    There KT315 has a post a circuit that I have used.
    In the sprint pcb I have made a error, the fet must be a IRF9640

    Regards.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • barry
    replied
    ApBerg. I followed as best I could the changes made on the long board when doing a new schematic. The FET and 7660 with own clock cap. Do you have the schematic with all the changes done for the long board ?

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Surfmaster

    Hello Friends.

    Nice that the long print is working good, only some small changes comparing to te Whites circuit , thanks for testing Ivica ! If you find some improvements ........let us know.

    The surfmaster is a nice detector, for his history look at http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...ght=surfmaster


    Regards.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by barry View Post
    Just testing the 555 timer part of this circuit in ltspice and it looks like it is about 612Hz. Does this seem right for a PI ?
    Yes, that's what the SMPI runs at.

    Leave a comment:


  • barry
    replied
    Just testing the 555 timer part of this circuit in ltspice and it looks like it is about 612Hz. Does this seem right for a PI ?

    Duty cycle is 1.57ms on and 52us off...

    Leave a comment:


  • barry
    replied
    Thanks Ap.

    I was hopping there would be a schematic in the .lay file but there is not. I am trying to draw it in proteus and the schematic in the pdf file is a bit hard to read some values.

    But the top mask in the lay file should help be sort that out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hello Barry

    You can use a free viewer, look at


    Sprint layout is a cheap, easy to learn, pcb program.


    Regards.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X