Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    This is nonsense. You did not answer my question. I don't have time for this.
    IS IT ROBOPATT OR TIKTAK?????

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    This is nonsense. You did not answer my question. I don't have time for this.
    ROBOPATT OR TIKTAK?????

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by robopatt View Post
    OK.
    I told you before inductance is 1mH.
    And which capacitator you want me to measure?
    Did you measure the capacitor C?
    I still havent added yet capacitators.
    Just some tests.
    This is nonsense. You did not answer my question. I don't have time for this.

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    OK.
    I told you before inductance is 1mH.
    And which capacitator you want me to measure?
    Did you measure the capacitor C?
    I still havent added yet capacitators.
    Just some tests.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No!
    MAKE PROPER COIL!
    DONT WASTE TIME WITH BAD COIL!
    DONT CONFUSE YOURSELF MORE!
    Hmmm. GOOD ADVICE. How is throwing different opamps at the problem going to solve it?

    Robopatt, two important questions:
    Did you measure the capacitor C?
    Did you measure the coil L?

    One or the other or some combination of the two is way off if you have 5900. I don't mean just a little.
    You are shooting yourself in the foot.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Look this shot. It is so clear those two are BC547 and BC557...
    Third one ( and probably most important one) is smt...and i can not see any label...hmmm...
    Ivconic, if you (or anyone) get the chance please tell the SMD code on the unknown transistor. Most SMD code directories are not complete (and sometimes ambiguous) so there's no guaranteed lookup, but there is a chance that Marsport.org or somebody will have it listed.

    If that doesn't work, manufacturers' data sheets usually list the SMD codes that are printed on their devices. There is a chance somebody will run across it in a product data sheet.

    NXP BC807-40 is "5Cp". Did I get lucky? (fat chance)

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    I have tested with good coil.A little bit better.
    But not the result that we search for.
    Now its time to see how others units will work.
    Its look like all functions are there but in same time when target detected close to coil only constant sound in all modes.Sens is TOO low.
    And frequency is 6.0kHz with original coil.So still a lot of work there.
    Try to use TL272 and 271 but this only make the things worst.
    This should be matched very well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    No!
    MAKE PROPER COIL!
    DONT WASTE TIME WITH BAD COIL!
    DONT CONFUSE YOURSELF MORE!

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    5kHz is the right value.Now i have 5,9kHz.But this is first test coil.
    But to make it clear you sugest to add capacitator via TX right?

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by robopatt View Post

    )))))))

    5,9kHz The sound is not bad but a little bit week and spitting.Large 8 ohm speaker used.
    I thought that RH was supposed to have 5000 output. If so, then 5900 is not some small deviation - you should perhaps add some tank capacitance or else the discriminate circuit might not be "aligned" properly. Just a hunch.

    What is your C value? Either your C is low or else your coil L is low. Either way, adding C should help. (Uh, er, um theoretically that is.)
    Is 5000 the correct frequency??

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    HoHoHo
    And a bottle of rum!!
    Thanks
    Porkluvr
    This were the major mistake!Now all we need is some fine tuning and optimization.

    Ivconic the strangest thing is that in original relic hawk this diode is orientated just the way you show.In Maxs schematic its shown Porkluvrs way but in Fred PCB according Maxs scheme this diode is mistaken and it lays like in your scheme.
    So strange but now its work!I told you about those resistors.But how I couldnt spot this diode.No meter now.
    Sens is almost none but now its the coil time for shore.

    )))))))

    5,9kHz The sound is not bad but a little bit week and spitting.Large 8 ohm speaker used.
    Disc is also working.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    That makes sense.
    Thanks!
    Maybe you solved problem!

    But... this photo than confusing me much!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Diode D1 is turned around backwards in Ivconic's last drawing (on page 32). This was a 3V3 zener in a previous schematic. If you remove the diode completely you should still have an output but if you turn the diode backwards you will be dissapointed. I use 1N746 in the simulation.

    Also, the 10k and 27k resistor on the base of NPN Q3 have been switched. It will still run, but you will have much lower distortion if the 10k goes to ground and 27k goes to the coil.

    Anybody benefiting from my armchair troubleshooting should make a deposit to my paypal account. 30e would do it. I've never seen an e before! 30 would be NICE!

    Just kidding (alright, you can owe me).

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    Hahaha
    So end of story.I am shore you will find the secret.
    I will check the posts.And look for progress.
    Wish you luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I am expecting Musketeer Colt or XS soon to get. Maybe in 2 weeks. Than i will disect it completelly and find out all possible datas about that smt transistor...
    Until than..

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X