If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I never understood why some guys refuse to ship outside their country
The buyer pays shipping and takes responsability anyway, and the seller is loosing (a lot of) money that way.So what´s the point? Looks pretty stupid to me.
Fred.
Hi,
Max.
Ok.Thanks.
So only 3 transistors + one SMD!Other are diodes.But how we can put 1N4148?This have 3 pins?
I wanna make full copy according the real PCB.So thats why I am asking.
Max I will e-mail you some pictures soon.
I have hand draw it buts ok.No metter its a little gig.But still no traks.
I will draw what I can see and will leave the rest to you.
Hi,
not a problem ... you can recover smd diodes from e.g. old TVs or similar stuff... or just use e.g. 1N4148 soldering on top of pcb tracks, if needed.
In a way or another... you'll always get diodes there , that's what really matter.
Move a large iron nail near the coil (with DISC enabled) - there is no sound. Then gradually move it further away. You will eventually reach a point where the object is detected.
If the RH responds the same in an air test, then it is either a design fault, or the cloned circuit has mistakes. You can only be certain by testing an original RH.
What more help do you need?
Hi,
Max.
Ok.Thanks.
So only 3 transistors + one SMD!Other are diodes.But how we can put 1N4148?This have 3 pins?
I wanna make full copy according the real PCB.So thats why I am asking.
Max I will e-mail you some pictures soon.
I have hand draw it buts ok.No metter its a little gig.But still no traks.
I will draw what I can see and will leave the rest to you.
Hi,
Max.
As I look the pictures posted from Ivconics RH.I see 9 transistors and in ower parts list there are 4!!!Why?3 normal+6 smd.Hum..........Cutted schematic again.But it works?!
Some SMD are actually diodes: BAS16 ... was explained before in another post.
Though they use similar case to transistors they are simple silicon diodes.
I'm afraid that this is true for some detectors. For instance, some of the Fisher's have this problem. They can be great for finding really deep nails!
Hi, Qiaozhi!
Why you dont help here insteed making funny conclusions!?
I now that you love Nexus.I havent experiance from any kind with this bulgarian detector.But be shore RH is very deep indeed!
I have never claimed to love the Nexus, only that it is has impressive capabilities when it comes to depth. The trouble with the Nexus is the damn deep holes you have to dig. Personally I use either Garrett, Fisher, Tesoro, or home brewed detectors. Clearly you have not experienced this phenomenon with some Fisher detectors. (e.g. 1266 or CZ5.) Ivconic has also stated a similar situation with TGSL and Spectrum. With the Fisher detectors you can easily see this problem in an air test. Move a large iron nail near the coil (with DISC enabled) - there is no sound. Then gradually move it further away. You will eventually reach a point where the object is detected.
If the RH responds the same in an air test, then it is either a design fault, or the cloned circuit has mistakes. You can only be certain by testing an original RH.
What more help do you need?
Hi,
Max.
As I look the pictures posted from Ivconics RH.I see 9 transistors and in ower parts list there are 4!!!Why?3 normal+6 smd.Hum..........Cutted schematic again.But it works?!
Hi Ivconic,
you're right... but all this happens on soil.
When testing on the bench... my TGS or TGSL run ignoring any soft iron in size of a 200gr hammer head... both from near and from far.
The RH clone I've made, instead, behave bad way with same iron stuff on distances starting from about 15cm: that's really impressive that a piece of iron sound like a copper coin at such distance... and sure it's a really worse problem that could make cloned device totally unreliable about disc on real soil.
I'm sure problem could not be so big at real, original ML RH but this happens in cloned and coinseeker too as I read.
Mistake in schematic ? Special components involved ?
I don't know...
Kind regards,
Max
Yes...only in ground. When testing on bench my devices also acts by the book - perfect. So...ground DO shift phase more than we expected!? Along with phase ground DO affects amplitude also...hmmmm! What to do ? I am tempted to take some scope with me outdoor and perform all kinds of measurements "in vivo"...damn! Lot of hard labour!
I have used single turn pots in the PCB layout,i guess i should change them all to multi turn, even if it is not a priority right now....probably the long (horizontal) ones.
Fred.
Hi,
yes , it would be nice having all them as multiturn like in original RH... though I noticed they are useful also 1 turn kind... with a bit of practice you find the right spot...
For now I'm just using a 10turns pot for external GEB.
I have used single turn pots in the PCB layout,i guess i should change them all to multi turn, even if it is not a priority right now....probably the long (horizontal) ones.
Fred.
Hi,
Max and all folks.
I am londering why you use NE5532?I can see on musketeer NE5534!!!
Hi,
I'm using NE5534 at preamp, but I've found that, in some cases, NE5532 (that's the dual op amp version of it) could be used also instead of 27M2 or 27M7 stuff.
I stay really strict to specs but so far with not great success about disc...
Max,
I have found a resistor combination in the phase shift circuit that exhibits a bit more linearity of duty cycle to the gates, and gives a better GB & DISC range.
You might want to try the following:
Change the GB & GEB pots to 25k (multi turn of course) and change the 30K that is between the GB/GEB and U6 pin 5, to 27K. Change the DISC pot to 25K and the 18K between the DISC and U6 pin 7 to 12K.
With this combination, I get less than 1% deviation in duty cycle at the DISC gate throughout the DISC range. Also you get a little better range in the GB (86 deg - 113 deg).
The quality and tolerance of the capacitor and resistor used in the pre-amp (2.2n & 470 ohm in the high pass filter network of the inverting input circuit) can affect the phase shift of the pre-amp and thus the phase shift required for GB.
Leave a comment: