Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    I've a new recipe for tx coil:

    WIRE GAUGE = 20AWG , 0.8125mm without varnish, about 0.85 with varnish
    TURNS = 42
    D SHAPED like in Ivconic's design for TGS, same former about DD255x137, for a single halve

    Wire Resistance/1000m = 33.292ohm

    Actual lenght = 27.4m
    Resistance = 0.912ohm
    Inductance = 1mH (exact, with strong tightened wires)

    Though not so thin boundle is still acceptable and coil works very nice on RH oscillator, giving strong signal.

    I'm awaiting for more wire to check for other config as well but will require some time.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • VUJO
    replied
    Dear gentlemen, is there the possibility of posting the latest version without PCB components and with dimensions
    Best regards
    Vujo

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,

    This is getting embarassing
    I think we should both change of make of drinks...

    You know, actually i only drink water. Maybe i should try something srtonger.

    Below corrected PCB.The good thing is that there is no version nº
    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Hi,
    no problem... I think at the end it will work... one way or another.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by nakky View Post
    Hi Fred can't open it.Grt Nakky
    Hi,
    It should open with Sprint Layout 5.0 ?
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Hi Fred can't open it.Grt Nakky

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Max,

    This is getting embarassing
    I think we should both change of make of drinks...

    You know, actually i only drink water. Maybe i should try something srtonger.

    Below corrected PCB.The good thing is that there is no version nº
    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi Fred,
    I've found another mistake there... or two... maybe you're addicted to irish whiskey more than me...

    At U2 I see the two pins that goes to GND that actually are floating... and the GND is at pin1 (output) of LM393 ???

    Ok... no problem... I will cut and paste there... and LM393 works infinite time with output at GND... (...I have 50 of them to replace)

    Anyway... I think last time I checked for this I was drunk...
    cause I didn't see them.

    You can solve moving the upside track that goes to pin1 to go to pin3.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    I've tryed an RF transistor there , the 2N2368 (vhf kind) and found it's a little more easy getting oscillator start but it's not big result cause the 0.50mm coil failed also with this on PCB.

    I think the stuff is hard now... cause I've tested 6 different op amps there and no results... so probably at least a true 0.7-0.8mm coil is needed there.

    The stupid thing is that the simulator still say the 0.50mm coil MUST work there!

    No way...

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,

    Yes this kind of wire is really only for people wich build their own stuff, and this specie disapearing...
    Again degauss coils in TV´s have nice wire, depending of size of TX between 0,5 and 0.8 i guess.
    There is a sellers on ebay that have 500grs reels of almost any size,internet is a great thing sometimes.Before i searched a lot for wire to make Kv transformers for tubes RF PA´s...and never found suitable except as you say 40kgs reels...
    I am still waiting for the PCB ...so stalled too.
    Should arrive early next week...
    Regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    yes, the wire is not hard to find but in big rolls nobody of us will never buy!

    I usually found good buying 500gr or 1Kg depending on gauge, so meters available, and is good solution in most of the cases. The problems start arising when you need a particular diameter and just finished it or think you have some... and you have... but not enough! Like my case...

    Now I'm dealing with the big coil...1mm diameter wire... ugly thing, but at least it works for now...I'm awaiting shipping of the new wire... but I see it hard to get in few days.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Fred,
    my testing stalled cause I cannot find suitable wire to make the tx coil... I need 0.7-0.8 wire... I had in past but now I'm out of it (well I have some... but just 15-20meters now) and I have to order or find somewhere... so could take a bit.
    Max
    Hi Max,

    Yes this kind of wire is really only for people wich build their own stuff, and this specie disapearing...
    Again degauss coils in TV´s have nice wire, depending of size of TX between 0,5 and 0.8 i guess.
    There is a sellers on ebay that have 500grs reels of almost any size,internet is a great thing sometimes.Before i searched a lot for wire to make Kv transformers for tubes RF PA´s...and never found suitable except as you say 40kgs reels...
    I am still waiting for the PCB ...so stalled too.
    Should arrive early next week...
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi,
    Here is last version of PCB:
    Corrections made:
    -1M2 resistor was missing
    - Removed 360K resistor
    - + to 4k7 resistor

    Even if there are no more mistakes,let me know for possible improvements

    Regards,
    Fred.
    Hi Fred,
    my testing stalled cause I cannot find suitable wire to make the tx coil... I need 0.7-0.8 wire... I had in past but now I'm out of it (well I have some... but just 15-20meters now) and I have to order or find somewhere... so could take a bit.

    At now I can get oscillations just with some 1mm wire coils, and low resistance on them. I get around 6.5KHz so still far from 5Khz then I decided I need first the right wire to make the tx coil otherwise other testing will be influenced bad way by the incorrect frequency there.

    The ridiculos thing is that I have plenty of 1mm, 1.5mm and 2mm wire but I cannot use in this kind of stuff!

    Shame... today is so difficault find that wire cause many dealers refuse to sell you small quantity but they wanna just sold something 30-40Kg rolls... good for many coils... but a bit expensive and heavy!

    I've ordered something 500gr but will take a while till I get it.

    Stupid dealers... idiotic monkeybusiness...but this is the world today: MONEY and no time to waste! JUST TON ROLLS TO SELL!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi,
    Here is last version of PCB:
    Corrections made:
    -1M2 resistor was missing
    - Removed 360K resistor
    - + to 4k7 resistor

    Even if there are no more mistakes,let me know for possible improvements

    Regards,
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    I've found another mistake on PCB : the 4K7 pull-up resistors at U2 are not connected to the + rail.... I solved making a solder joint between the up "+" near them and one terminal.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • VUJO
    replied
    Hello Max
    You are right! In the proto board

    I changed 27K with 22K and oscillator work. Voltage on the coil is 19.2Vpp
    Best regards
    Vujo

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    Max,Fred,KingJL. I am looking for the the best possible Spice simulation software to download. So I will then try maybe a MPS3638A- "PNP" and 1n779A-diode as alternatives to test. I think both schematics have small errors in the part numbers from the "Relic Hawk" tx oscillator circuit..........Thanks Again for your "Great Posts" here in the last few weeks..............Eugene

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X