Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    disc is still average... I can reduce ferrite impact in all-metal... but in disc mode I get signals from nails... hammer etc... not when they are close to coil, but at distance.
    Max, just for grins reverse your RX coil leads. See what effect that has. A coil 180 out would still null out ferrite (GB) but would have very erratic DISC.

    If that has no beneficial effect, then consider that this RH might need the coil null adjusted while looking at output from preamp to overcome the ~10mV fed from the RX through the 4.7M to the preamp.

    Kind regards,
    J. L. King

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by amtech2005 View Post
    If there is a tiny smt inductor on the Relic Hawk circuit board we did not see by the TX circuit. It is a tickler coil and the smt is a special transistor , This circuit reduces harmonics during re-generative feedback .Then it is a armstrong 5 khz configuration. The smt is a special transistor and maybe not even a linear device. Minelab had to much whiskey that day So we will fix it...............Eugene

    Yes..special, but which one? I am now mad cose sold Colt and RH. I could desoldered it and examine in details....

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    It's a pitty that you didnt show me 3 pins connected at first place,
    i would taken the word back. I have the feeling that this forum is not creative enough. Be sure that not all here are electronics guru, thats why we are here to learn from each other.

    Other theory: this schematic is going nowhere, ill keep watching the thread for progress but at this point i've given everything i had.

    Never mind. Do not take every my word so seriously. I am joker and sometimes go over borders of good behavior. It is transistor for real, but it is not my point here.
    Yes...you are right schematic is going nowhere. Max was the fastest here and made it...and reported some problems. Personally i am sure he didnt made any mistake, so ....i thought must be something we missed here? But what? Other thing also provoked me to have doubts on that transistor; like i said i recently got Coinseeker Pro2, just made, brand new...all correct components...and it is not working with my original RH coil?
    How come? I pressume Bulgarians also had simillar problems and finally matched those BC337/327 to work so,so... but i guess only with their handmade coil. When checked with original...not working?
    Must be that transistor. Thats' why i do insist that we first try to find out which one is that!? Damn. It is not possible that all we here are not able to dig it!

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    If there is a tiny smt inductor on the Relic Hawk circuit board we did not see by the TX circuit. It is a tickler coil and the smt is a special transistor , This circuit reduces harmonics during re-generative feedback .Then it is a armstrong 5 khz configuration. The smt is a special transistor and maybe not even a linear device. Minelab had to much whiskey that day So we will fix it...............Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    It's a pitty that you didnt show me 3 pins connected at first place,
    i would taken the word back. I have the feeling that this forum is not creative enough. Be sure that not all here are electronics guru, thats why we are here to learn from each other.

    Other theory: this schematic is going nowhere, ill keep watching the thread for progress but at this point i've given everything i had.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Fred,
    disc is still average... I can reduce ferrite impact in all-metal... but in disc mode I get signals from nails... hammer etc... not when they are close to coil, but at distance.

    What about your PCB ?

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max,
    I hope this problem with disc will be solved:did you ty to move the coil so you can adjust shift in Rx coil,like we did in TGS, and compare disc results?
    Here my PCB i waiting for parts.I can do nothing except put a few more components,and post some BS here

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Let's adopt that it is diode...ha,ha,ha!!! Imagine current flow there if it was diode....
    I thought we all here were pretty conversant about this stuff......seems not!?
    Pitty!
    Or i should only understand your posts as a joke?
    Hi Ivconic,
    I know this is surely a transistor,(note that the package is the same as a double diode),but my remark has nothing to do with the technical point of view, only the personal one: i see two persons claiming different things,i respect each one´s opinion, so i would like to see more constructive info,just for the sake of discussion.
    Nothing more,I prefer to continue talking about RH results, but i must wait for parts,so i´m just bugging here
    Best regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    To argue, arguments are needed.I see no aguments here, just one says "yes" and the other "no"
    Maybe developing you respective ideas we could learn something
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Do i need to proove it is transistor??? I am not only, the one who claims "YES" or "NO". I had it, inspected it,used it and traced it...long time ago...

    Besides...Fred, you should use your own eyes and logic and see the situation on pcb. You dont need me or Eclipse to know what type of component is there....
    Suspecting on this particular component you are showing only that you are not fully understanding basic electronic principles.

    Let's adopt that it is diode...ha,ha,ha!!! Imagine current flow there if it was diode....

    I thought we all here were pretty conversant about this stuff......seems not!?
    Pitty!


    Or i should only understand your posts as a joke?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    The source or the answer??
    Fred.
    Hi Fred,
    disc is still average... I can reduce ferrite impact in all-metal... but in disc mode I get signals from nails... hammer etc... not when they are close to coil, but at distance.

    What about your PCB ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post


    I think this could be the source of all troubles...
    The source or the answer??
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied


    I think this could be the source of all troubles...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    To argue, arguments are needed.I see no aguments here, just one says "yes" and the other "no"
    Maybe developing you respective ideas we could learn something
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    what's happening here ?

    The diode again ????

    It's a transistor, no dubts.

    If use multimeter you can read conduction over the 2 junctions... like two diodes...

    Though they appears like 2 junctions... this is the same in all BJT... 2 junctions present in them, that's all.

    Using a "smart" analyzer you could trick it... if connect this way... it will say there's a silicon diode there! Probably this is the joke here.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Dont know....i will leave this stupid argue. No use from it.
    I've done this some time ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    And here is reconstruction i made over .bmp in Sprint Layout....
    So....shut up! It is PNP TRANSISTOR not diode!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    BTW...i see all 3 pins are connected? How come? All 3 pins have routes? How come? Diode with 3 leads?
    Dont know....i will leave this stupid argue. No use from it.
    Do beleive what ever you want. Just do not confuse everybody else here with false claims...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X