Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    Originally posted by N@SKO View Post
    I have need of audio stage shematic by Musketeer pls
    I think that RH audio stage is wrong or some elemet mising!
    Hello N@SKO , I have not seen a Musketeer schematic on Geotech or any other forum . But if you search hard , you will find a crystal clear digital quality photo of the Musketeer PCB circuit board . And you will see your audio section in question . I saw the photo about 1 year ago , and I am searching again to find it for you . So , If there is a public schematic , it is being kept very private . And Yes , the Relic Hawk project will be re-started very soon and all errors will be corrected . If you find a musketeer schematic check back and let us know !! I heard that the Relic Hawk and Musketeer are very , very similar in design .............Regards............Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • N@SKO
    replied
    I have need of audio stage shematic by Musketeer pls
    I think that RH audio stage is wrong or some elemet mising!

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    It would be nice if Veltex could post perfect and clear PCB circuit board photos of the Relic Hawk !!! If not , then Veltex work is only better "Art Work" of Max's / Fred's / and a few others "weeks of schematic and circuit work"........... I did not see oscilloscope test points or field tests from Veltex !!! But his schematic looks nice , I thank him for that !!!...............Regards..............Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    in russian schematic-aft_72005-Downloaded from MD4U

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Connection R1-R3=mistaken.
    Hi,
    yes, but which is mistaken ? In which schematic ?

    Also, the resistor (R12 in russian schematic) that is in parallel to 1nF at NE5534 is 1K in russian and 15K in old schematic...

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Connection R1-R3=mistaken.

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Eugene52
    Downloaded from MD4U, it was uploaded by veltex there. I don’t know it is correct
    But I study little and compare it with corrected circuit by Max. Some part seem
    As like together .
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    AFT_72005 , Nice schematic you posted . Dated today !! Where did you find this one , and is it correct ????................ regards.........................Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Max and Fred
    I am hope help you. Other circuit, it had nice draw.
    Best regards.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Here is last RH PCB for Sprint layout 5.
    I don´t think there is much difference from this one and the last one posted here,but i am not sure.
    Regards,
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    I will post the last version of PCB today. It would be great if ivconic could make it, as he owns the original coil and with oscilloscope, could tell how it works with it.
    Nights are becoming longer and soon i will continue mine.Probably when hours change
    Regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    I've put aside some TGS stuff I'm doing at now to focus again on RH, that's indeed a good project I think.

    Now connected the board again and watching at scope seems everything like last time I checked it.

    I have to say to people who wanna try the pcb design that extra care is needed on decoupling capacitors. I added them on bottom side using a flying strategy like in some old RF stuff... the ones where components are suspended by solder joints... in doing that I was really careful not to add a closed ground loop, truly essential when going for good performances and lowest noise.

    I think the more people will join RH thread... the more will gain a good device soon, cause just minor refinements required.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    I will post the last version of PCB today. It would be great if ivconic could make it, as he owns the original coil and with oscilloscope, could tell how it works with it.
    Nights are becoming longer and soon i will continue mine.Probably when hours change
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    last schematic revision (2.0) , reposted here

    Hi,
    here is again last schematic revision 2.0.

    It works. I think no mistakes anymore on this...

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    Around the end of this year or at the begining of the new year my goal is to finish this Relic Hawk circuit and post oscilloscope photos of all test points. The Relic Hawk oscillator circuit is a strange design and has me a little confused , maybe it is not so stable and thats why minelab discontinued it !!! I will succeed in completing this project , I always do and will enjoy the challenge.....................Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    yes, that's the way I thought too... using a small reel that will pass inside the first coil...

    additional problems are at shielding... you e.g. shield first coil before wound second, but then you'll have to shield second when both are chained... tricky but possible.

    I think it will require some 3-4 the time I usually do simple coils.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Ok Max,
    That would be interesting to try.I use copper tape for shielding, so again not too dificult to tape it . can be done befor or after winding i suppose...the question is if it will really improve it or not.
    One more experiment for Winter days
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X