Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • technos
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post

    Problem with RH is the dang coil (so far I've not even toiched it anymore...) that if not perfect make you crazy with far iron detection: it disc out iron at near few cms but you can still detect it at 30cm!
    The coil needs to be put on a network analyzer and maybe disassembled. Then once that's understood the circuit can be reworked properly.

    In fact, I think that the project needs to start over from scratch. However, I have been unable to buy a relic hawk machine just yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    I need some help here.
    Will be good to hear Max's or Ivconic opinion on this.
    So its burned bsr51.Just replace with closet I found bsr52.
    In allm oscillator dont work.When in s,m/disc I read 6,7khz from 4024 pin1.So in those two modes there is some pip-pip-pip sound coming from headphones.
    When in L oscillator start and stop after few seconds.What could be wrong here?
    Wanna now which IC is concerned in those S/M/L mode change.Because looks like problem might be there.
    -2,5V is there.+ and - also OK.
    Any help highly welcome.
    Thanks
    I had the very same behavior at my first RH, few years ago. But it burned than because battery pin (one of those, which one i am not sure) accidentaly touched earphones socket. As you know; earphone socket is in same cover with power socket and very close to battery pins. There is also foam to prevent shorts there. But at the time my stupid friend removed that foam just for a moment and accident happened.
    Also BSR burned. But not only BSR. All 3 ic's bellow BSR burned. 2.5V reference burned also. Also burned one transistor and several diodes....Pitty i don't exactly remember correct list of burned components.
    I tried to fix it and after a while i lost my nervs, because i didin't ( and still don't) have tools for SMT.
    So after several months i gave it to one friend and he fixed it. Than that RH was sold.
    So.... you have tough task there!
    I wish you a luck!



    Leave a comment:


  • mesy64
    replied
    depth

    Hi all


    Depth search for this metal detector is much larger coins and goals?

    With respect

    mesyna

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I need some help here.
    Will be good to hear Max's or Ivconic opinion on this.
    So its burned bsr51.Just replace with closet I found bsr52.
    In allm oscillator dont work.When in s,m/disc I read 6,7khz from 4024 pin1.So in those two modes there is some pip-pip-pip sound coming from headphones.
    When in L oscillator start and stop after few seconds.What could be wrong here?
    Wanna now which IC is concerned in those S/M/L mode change.Because looks like problem might be there.
    -2,5V is there.+ and - also OK.
    Any help highly welcome.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hi,

    Hello,
    Recently got modify Minelab relic hawk for repair.
    The owner told me that it were modify.Then repair again.
    It were hard job.Because battery were inside the unit box.Not much space.Jack for headphones on front panel.
    So I first found broken conection on outside part of coil conector.
    I thought the it couldn't be so easy.
    But when conected all and switch on,there were pip-pip-pip for a few seconds.Then smoke from 15mH inductor(((
    I try to switch on again.And got spark near the inductor.
    What could be the reason.Everything looks ok with the setup.Then where those smoke and sparks came from.And why?
    Shame it looks like nightmare.
    I will make some various pictures.

    Leave a comment:


  • N@SKO
    replied
    The sound is not loud and soft
    What is resonance frequency?
    1250Hz ????
    resistance of coil?I think may be is critical!
    May be I can"t find the resonance


    I want sound to be same as this

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by N@SKO View Post
    Some idea from where can bay little transformer for audio stage.
    I think this maybe is stаndard part.
    I put neosid inductor 22 mh with 680 nf but not work
    Hi,
    that component is not critical.
    I made my own using a neosid thing too, and works.

    Problem with RH is the dang coil (so far I've not even toiched it anymore...) that if not perfect make you crazy with far iron detection: it disc out iron at near few cms but you can still detect it at 30cm!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • N@SKO
    replied
    Some idea from where can bay little transformer for audio stage.
    I think this maybe is stаndard part.
    I put neosid inductor 22 mh with 680 nf but not work

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    Selam Asenkron
    İvconik orjinal dedektöre sahip. Senin bahsettiğine benzer hatalar oldunu ve yakında düzgün çizimleri vereceğini yazmış.
    bencede çizme.
    Erol

    Leave a comment:


  • asenkron
    replied
    hello

    verdıgınız semada negatıf refarans alınarak +2.5 ve - 2.5 elde edılmış .
    fakat gnd referansının bır ucu vee bu durumda gnd merkezden kacık olmazmı .gnd sorunları yasatmazmı.
    cizdiğiniz voltaj dıyayramına göre gnd vee göre 5v ta olmalı.
    sunu sormak istıyorum .batarya voltajıyla opamplar beslenıyor .tam simetrikmi beslemeleri.yoksa verdıgınız dıyagramdaki gıbı kacıkmı.
    verdıgınız semayı sımule etmeden pcb cızmıycem .cunku buradakı hata tum ayrımı berbat eder.cunku opampla gnd olusturulmuyor.buraya takıldık.
    kanıma besleme voltajının tam ortasına gnd olusturup.diger referans voltajlarını elde etmek.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "My" schematic is actually Max's schematic. I take his schematic and just draw it in another software. Also, excluded SML mode "switches" and following components. PCB's....previous one and my pcb are 100% accurate and matched to schematics....so..where is the problem?
    Don't guess me wrong, but i took pretty skim look at my new Musketeer and spotted something pretty misty there! I can not elaborate this right now, dont have details yet..but seems that we made huge mistake reffering GND and minus rail! Some components are wired by mistake on GND and some also by mistake on minus!!
    I need some spare time and good nervs to trace all over again and correct those few mistakes. I just checked few suspicious traces on Musketeer with ordinary ohmmeter , so far... results were confusing much!
    Give me some time...these days i am in a huge responsibillities. Dont have much time to sit and work.
    But i am sure there are few major mistakes (made from a very start) - that's why we have problems with this!

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    Pardon Şema burda
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    Selam Asenkron

    işte temiz şema,birde Fred in çizdiği PCB.

    ekledim

    clear schematic and PCB of FRED.

    Erol
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    Asenkron Asking there is not connection for U11 cd4053
    is it true take U13 Cd4024 first pin clock f kode -f kode from U2 Lm393? İs it have to be taken from TX oscilation ?
    it is hard to find 15 mh wire for earplug connection .can we rearenge for this part of schematic?
    somebody can rearrenge suply coding on schematic.
    I can not understand which line going where?
    Please help on schematic.İs there a clear drawed schematic?

    Leave a comment:


  • asenkron
    replied
    MERHABA

    semadaki besleme kodlamalarının yenıden duzenlenmesını istiyorum.vee + ,+,+2.2 ve neyin nereye gıttıgı bellı degıl.semayı cizeni yakalarsam öpücem.
    tıkandım kaldım pcb cizemıyorum.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X