A typical 5V regulator wants 7.5V or more to run. The problem is the extra juice gets converted to heat.
If you had a LDO (Low Drop Out) regulator they need much less to run. The PI TX likes 12V to make some
high field strength. 4 LION cells would give you 16V! 3 is 12V and would be better. Maybe you can mod
the board a bit and use 2 to generate 5V and 3 or 4 for the 12V?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Surf PI Pro
Collapse
X
-
Yes the ic sockets are not the greatest, but I've never had a problem with them unless the ic's were inserted and removed multiple times. Im not planning on pulling them in and out unless they fail. However I would still like to know (1) if anyone has used 4 lion cells without problems? Since it has a 5v regulator as the first component it would seem that the 12v is rather high, could I possibly use 3 lion cells instead. Ive read it doesnt perform well with a 9v battery, is that because of the limited amps it can source from a single battery? (2) has anyone ever tried the ac coupled charging method I described with an integral coil and bridge rectifier inside the tube, charged by a coil held to the outside of the tube? Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Hi guys, I am putting together one of Silverdogs long boards. I got it mostly completed but got hung up when trying to come up with a way to waterproof the pots. I read on here once it is adjusted properly it shouldnt need fiddling with. I am thinking of setting it up and sealing it inside a chunk of 1 1/2" pvc tubing with one end threaded on if I ever need to open it. My other conundrum is how to charge the battery pack without opening the casing. I am planning on using 4 lithium batteries and was thinking a coil and diode bridge in one end of the tube could be charged by a coil with a/c transformer held by a magnet to the outside of the tube without ever opening it up. Has anyone ever tried such a scheme?
Leave a comment:
-
surf 1.2 mod
Dear friend,great job,i need a little help here,Originally posted by paku View Post
can you show me how to solder the pins to the potesionmeter?? also the 5k and the 1k and the R 08ohm how watt must be each one?and finnaly the 100p wind kind of capacitor must be Ceramic or Polyester film?. regards
Leave a comment:
-
-
Ah I see, second one coil is for additional pin-pointer.
Thanks for clarification.
But which mod in fact you are talking about? Mods made in original schematic with red redrawn?
Leave a comment:
-
this is original schematic bro
i have test this mod its relly working great
i test with surmaster board and i dont put the pinpointer coil just put the single coil
Leave a comment:
-
this mod i just test in air with spiral coil i can detect small metal transistor 2N2222 from TGSL not Working PCB about 30cm in air
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: