Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sdesic
    replied
    Just stick to components on the list and it shoul'd be fine.
    I had problem with replacement parts and it is fine now.
    I was not able to find 2N3906 and MPSA13 transistors.

    IC's are similar ... NE555, TLC555, TS555... but all working
    SMD 7660 or regular ... all OK

    Leave a comment:


  • Jons
    replied
    Battling through all 15 pages of this thread, left me with one question. What is the score between those who successfully made a properly working specimen of Surf PI Pro (original or XX), and those who didn't? Seriously!

    A short explanation: I made Stuart's 1. (EE TH) MD, and I'm having some issues with sensitivity. I'd like to make something else for comparison. Getting past page 2 or 3 of this thread, made me wondering whether Surf PI Pro would be the right choice. At this moment I deeply fear to fall into MD builder's "gambling frenzy", e.g. though it's time to leave the casino, you wanna spend even more to win back the losses... In my case - whether it's time to visit the nearest dealer with MD's before homebuilding expenses rise sky high.
    Last edited by Jons; 05-01-2013, 04:58 AM. Reason: typo

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Originally posted by tifred View Post
    sorry !!!
    Sdesic Hello, I had the same problem on my barracuda. I reverse the wire connector on the coil box and I solved the problem.
    I do not have false signals when I touch the cable :-)
    I have done some field testing - still having ground detection on few occasions.
    Maybe it is my coil moving inside of coil casing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	27042013271.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	336005

    Today it was working with 9V battery
    and this is my finds ... 2,5 hours hunting in one place - woods
    fist coins and first pull tabs
    Click image for larger version

Name:	27042013270.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	336004

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    Originally posted by tifred View Post
    Sdesic Bonjour, J'ai eu le même problème sur mon barracuda. J'ai inverser le fil du connecteur sur la boîte de bobine et j'ai résolu le problème.
    Je n'ai pas de faux signaux quand je touche le câble :-)
    sorry !!!
    Sdesic Hello, I had the same problem on my barracuda. I reverse the wire connector on the coil box and I solved the problem.
    I do not have false signals when I touch the cable :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Originally posted by tifred View Post
    Sdesic Bonjour, J'ai eu le même problème sur mon barracuda. J'ai inverser le fil du connecteur sur la boîte de bobine et j'ai résolu le problème.
    Je n'ai pas de faux signaux quand je touche le câble :-)
    Tifred,
    thank you, I have tried that, and it helps, now I can't switch polarity of coil wires ...
    it is fixed in glue and plastic ... if I switch inside of detector it will be both coil wires on GND.

    Jose,
    I replaces trimmer with 3k8 resistor.. must turn back time again
    today is hunt day, so I will try 9 V hunt.
    Less weight.

    I am making another Surf Pi Pro that will be experimental with your added 3k3 and another pot for better tuning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by tifred View Post
    Sdesic Bonjour, J'ai eu le même problème sur mon barracuda. J'ai inverser le fil du connecteur sur la boîte de bobine et j'ai résolu le problème.
    Je n'ai pas de faux signaux quand je touche le câble :-)
    Please make your posts in English, as requested in the Forum Rules. Not everyone understands French.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by sdesic View Post
    That solves problem with coil connector and cable sensitivity to touching by hand and ground.
    BUT it lowers sensitivity, I have now up to 5 cm detection of 1 EURO.

    I have tried 9V battery and it is working far better than on 12V batteries with same coil.
    With 9 V I can use delay pot, not only at max resistance.
    Sdesic
    If you connect BNC PCB as drawing, fine.
    In green is the GND path, which is the same as the negative pole of the battery.
    After the BNC coaxial cable to the coil, should continue in the same way.
    If the problem persists, try adjusting R2 for best performance, with 12 volt battery.Click image for larger version

Name:	SPIBNC.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	336000

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    Sdesic Bonjour, J'ai eu le même problème sur mon barracuda. J'ai inverser le fil du connecteur sur la boîte de bobine et j'ai résolu le problème.
    Je n'ai pas de faux signaux quand je touche le câble :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    That solves problem with coil connector and cable sensitivity to touching by hand and ground.
    BUT it lowers sensitivity, I have now up to 5 cm detection of 1 EURO.

    I have tried 9V battery and it is working far better than on 12V batteries with same coil.
    With 9 V I can use delay pot, not only at max resistance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by sdesic View Post
    In this case my outer part of BNC is not connected to ground
    other one is connected to ground...
    I will try connecting with coaxial cable
    if I connect both to GND there is no signal ?

    I tried reversing polarity of coil connection and outer part is on gnd I get much lower sensitivity to metal
    Sdesic
    Do not understand the question. The outside of the BNC, should be grounded or GND, or to negative battery.
    Look closely at the PCB.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    In this case my outer part of BNC is not connected to ground
    other one is connected to ground...
    I will try connecting with coaxial cable
    if I connect both to GND there is no signal ?

    I tried reversing polarity of coil connection and outer part is on gnd I get much lower sensitivity to metal

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Check that the BNC connector housing, is connected to the GND of the PCB.
    Use coaxial cable between the PCB and the BNC connector, or stranded wire.
    21 laps for 20 cm coil, should work well, see my post No. 216.
    JoseClick image for larger version

Name:	BNC Chasis.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	335980

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Surf Pi Pro after few days of testing... found aluminium foil, hand cream tube, hand lotion wipes alu package, few hunters bullet casings, handgun casings, bottle caps, few chain loops, bots... nails lots of them in old house... hunted in forrest area
    my first finds ever ... works fine with all of those finds in depth about to 15 cm.

    I have one problem.
    When I touch coil coaxial wire or BNC connector to PCB it produces beep.
    I tried reversing polarity of coil connection to PCB and it goes away so does the sensitivity... goes to 2-3 cm max
    Coil is not shielded and also acts with (wet ?) grass or ground.
    Coil is 20 cm 21 turns.

    Made coil with 25 turns 20 cm diameter. Same happens...
    It is not problem when you get used to it.
    Any solution ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    you can also find the μ sign in windows' character map, or anywhere else, and copy/paste

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Qiaozhi
    Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for my bad english.
    It happens that to translate into Castilian, us, has an entirely different meaning.
    Meaning of "us" first-person personal pronoun in the masculine and feminine and plural number.
    Henceforth I will write "us"..
    Jose

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X