Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • manurespreder
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Using .3mm will change your inductance as well as resistance. The reason being is that more wire will be added to your coil in order to achieve the same number of turns. Your mean radius will increase as well as your outside diameter. Also, coil weight thickness will increase..

    I have no doubt that you can get it to work with .3mm wire but you cannot use the guidelines in the .pdf and expect the same results.

    I bought a roll of "BAE wire AWG 30 SPN RED MW80c/155C" off of e-bay cheap.. almost a lifetime supply..
    Ouuuh thank you. I am living in a crappy country called Lithuania so buying from ebay isn't very cheap cause delivery prices are hight.

    Local assortment of parts are very bad and everything has high price how example LM309 costs 10$ each! on ebay I bought 10 for 12$ ...

    And to buy Cu 0.27 is like impossible I can order only 0.3 and I have to wait a half of month to arrive..

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreder View Post
    Hello there,

    I am planing to do coil by myself. And now I am wondering about Cu wires.
    In pdf about coil making is mentioned that wire should be 0.25mm Cu (0.27-0.28mm with resin layer). But in local shop there is only 0.3mm with resin layer. And I think that 0.3mm wire should be good too cause wire thickness doesn't change inductance only W.

    So can anyone confirm that my thoughts are right?

    Thank You all in advance!
    Using .3mm will change your inductance as well as resistance. The reason being is that more wire will be added to your coil in order to achieve the same number of turns. Your mean radius will increase as well as your outside diameter. Also, coil weight thickness will increase..

    I have no doubt that you can get it to work with .3mm wire but you cannot use the guidelines in the .pdf and expect the same results.

    I bought a roll of "BAE wire AWG 30 SPN RED MW80c/155C" off of e-bay cheap.. almost a lifetime supply..

    Leave a comment:


  • manurespreder
    replied
    Hello there,

    I am planing to do coil by myself. And now I am wondering about Cu wires.
    In pdf about coil making is mentioned that wire should be 0.25mm Cu (0.27-0.28mm with resin layer). But in local shop there is only 0.3mm with resin layer. And I think that 0.3mm wire should be good too cause wire thickness doesn't change inductance only W.

    So can anyone confirm that my thoughts are right?

    Thank You all in advance!

    Leave a comment:


  • turtlebowl
    replied
    un stable threshold problem

    Hello fellas. I have searched this thread for an answer to my unstable threshold. Maybe I haven't the right search words?
    A finger pointing to the thread (as long as it's not the mid__ one) or Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have the Golden Sabre Plus Rev.A board. This is not a homebrew. Threshold is perfect when the re-tune button is held over but becomes chattery after releasing. It is not becuase the sensitivity is set to high. At least not becuase the pot is set high.
    Lastly is the schematic for that machine the same as the GMT king cobra??
    Tanks guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    That would be consistent with the partial schematic of the X5 that was posted at one time. The X5 and X3 runs at 19kHz and the X2 runs at 10kHz.

    Here are 2 of the 3 coils available for the X5 and X3, 5 pin.
    The circular coil is the one I have, but I cut the plug off some time ago ... and cannot remember if it was a 5-pin or a 4-pin.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    My recollection of the RX inductance was not correct. It is in fact 6.9mH, which matches [reasonably] closely with the coil chart. The TX was measured as 1.1mH.
    So it appears that my Troy 9" concentric comes from either an X5 Shadow, or possibly an X3.
    That would be consistent with the partial schematic of the X5 that was posted at one time. The X5 and X3 runs at 19kHz and the X2 runs at 10kHz.

    Here are 2 of the 3 coils available for the X5 and X3, 5 pin.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    See the link to the coils parameters page above.


    From what I understand, Troy Gallow enlisted Tesoro for help with the X2, and the coil should be the same as the Tesoro uMAX line.

    Then I THINK he enlisted the help of Dave Johnson for the X5 and X3 (Same person that designed the MXT???) A different animal altogether.
    My recollection of the RX inductance was not correct. It is in fact 6.9mH, which matches [reasonably] closely with the coil chart. The TX was measured as 1.1mH.
    So it appears that my Troy 9" concentric comes from either an X5 Shadow, or possibly an X3.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    That makes sense, given that the TX coil (with the 4-pin) has a possible inductance of 1mH. I think the Troy detectors were designed to work at 20kHz. If someone has a 4-pin Tesoro coil in their collection, the ultimate test would be to measure the coil characteristics.
    Anyone?

    See the link to the coils parameters page above.


    From what I understand, Troy Gallow enlisted Tesoro for help with the X2, and the coil should be the same as the Tesoro uMAX line.

    Then I THINK he enlisted the help of Dave Johnson for the X5 and X3 (Same person that designed the MXT???) A different animal altogether.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by woody View Post
    i thought tesoro 4-pin connectors were 14-18 khz and the 5-pin connectors were 10khz
    That makes sense, given that the TX coil (with the 4-pin) has a possible inductance of 1mH. I think the Troy detectors were designed to work at 20kHz. If someone has a 4-pin Tesoro coil in their collection, the ultimate test would be to measure the coil characteristics.
    Anyone?

    Leave a comment:


  • woody
    replied
    i thought tesoro 4-pin connectors were 14-18 khz and the 5-pin connectors were 10khz

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreder View Post
    dfbowers: yes i meant "Eduardo's" PCB



    Ohh i thought i need 4-pin connector cause on pcb i have only 4fires rx tx. forgot about ground..

    I planned to do coil by my self but when i saw prices of wires in my local shop i had to forget about it...
    I think the 4-pin connector coils have different inductance values to the 5-pin. It would be great if someone could confirm / deny this. The original Troy detectors were derivatives of Tesoro, and these use a 4-pin connector. The TX and RX coil inductances are something like 1mH and 15mH, if I remember correctly.

    Leave a comment:


  • manurespreder
    replied
    dfbowers: yes i meant "Eduardo's" PCB

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Any one of these would work -> http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

    But the prices are a bit high at the moment, and you should be able to get a secondhand one cheaper. You need to look for a Tesoro coil with the 5-pin connector. A Laser coil (5-pin) should also work ok.
    Ohh i thought i need 4-pin connector cause on pcb i have only 4fires rx tx. forgot about ground..

    I planned to do coil by my self but when i saw prices of wires in my local shop i had to forget about it...

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreder View Post
    Hello there i made my first metal detector tgsl eldorado latest version. Now i am planning to buy a coil for it and. i found few on ebay

    1st one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINELAB-EXPLOR...item53e59a4d28

    and second one


    witch one is better for my tgsl?

    waiting for few parts to arrive and cant wait to do first tests of my tgsl. i really hope it will work.
    Any one of these would work -> http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

    But the prices are a bit high at the moment, and you should be able to get a secondhand one cheaper. You need to look for a Tesoro coil with the 5-pin connector. A Laser coil (5-pin) should also work ok.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    You mean "Eduardo's" PCB, right?

    I don't think that is what you want to look for in the way of coils. The Explorer coils are wideband coils and the inductances are way off. You want 6.0mH and 6.5mH for Tx and Rx.. Not 470uH and 580uH.. You might want to look for the original Tesoro coils that match the parameters in the database below.

    Here is a link to the coils database.

    Leave a comment:


  • manurespreder
    replied
    Hello there i made my first metal detector tgsl eldorado latest version. Now i am planning to buy a coil for it and. i found few on ebay

    1st one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINELAB-EXPLOR...item53e59a4d28

    and second one


    witch one is better for my tgsl?

    waiting for few parts to arrive and cant wait to do first tests of my tgsl. i really hope it will work.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X