Originally posted by Qiaozhi
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
DD27.5sm
Hi, distance is 20mm(standart).weight 160gr. Please, PM for more questions.
-
Yes , I'm searching and I'm interested , how many do you have ?Originally posted by georgi.g.zhelev View PostHi all
Anyone searching for a casing(corpus) diam. 27.5sm for MD?
Sorry for bad English !
It would make me happy
kind regards ,
Dennis the Mennis
Leave a comment:
-
It's a neat idea. But I think you need a way to measure phase rather than use the discriminator.Originally posted by lunamay View Posthi to all
i'm thinking about special mod for tgsl. Something like audio mod for white's. i did'n made enought mesurements but i think that something like that, a multitone id could be used in tgsl modification, maybe using timer ne555 what do You think??
best regards
I'm still trying to make a really solid, deep TGSL first. I'm also playing with the idea of using a microcontroller to replace as many parts as possible on the TGSL, but that is a long work in progress.
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
hi to all
i'm thinking about special mod for tgsl. Something like audio mod for white's. i did'n made enought mesurements but i think that something like that, a multitone id could be used in tgsl modification, maybe using timer ne555 what do You think??
best regards
Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
DD27.5 sm
Hi all
Anyone searching for a casing(corpus) diam. 27.5sm for MD?
Sorry for bad English !
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Ap ,Originally posted by ApBerg View PostHallo Danny,
Think you have not a good receive signal, tray to adjust it with the 'receive cap' .
Make a 'Receive Cap' test circuit and see how the receive signal changes...
I will try this soon and let you know , still so many things to try
Fryslân Boppe ( I think there is no online-translator who can translate this
)
kind regards
Danny
Dennis the Mennis
Leave a comment:
-
Ok, the TGS version explains why your TX signal is less distorted (assuming you have the JFet in the oscillator circuit) than the TGSL versions.Originally posted by Dennis the Mennis View PostHi Simon ,
This the output of the LF353 pin 1 that drives the sync pulse .
Although there is some distortion it seems to dissapear in the next stage.
[ATTACH]14722[/ATTACH]
The next 2 images are the outputs of the LM393 ...
[ATTACH]14723[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]14724[/ATTACH]
And yes , I did build the complete TGS with notch and batterycheck : When I was reading all the posts at that moment the TGS had proven itself ... I thought
.
I saw the TGSL pcb's offered by Silverdog , maybe my next project.
Whenever you need some more images for comparison let me know.
kind regards ,
Dennis the Mennis
Also bear in mind that the TGS version that you built does not have as high voltage for the TX signal (because of the JFet stabilizer), and therefore probably will not have as much depth as the TGSL versions. So that may explain some air depth limitations you observe, although you have achieved some pretty good numbers.
It also explains why your LF353 pin 1 looks more clean than most TGSL versions -- you only have one little spike instead of lots of spikes. The lower TX signal does not overdrive the LF353 to cause ringing.
I think ApBerg perhaps assumes your graph is the RX signal rather than the sync pulse driver signal, and is suggesting some tuning of the RX caps -- which is not a bad idea in general to try, although you may have already done that.
Yes, it's a good time to start another project! You can learn a lot when you have several boards and several coils to compare. We'll look forward to your results.
Cheers,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Hallo Danny,
Think you have not a good receive signal, tray to adjust it with the 'receive cap' .
Make a 'Receive Cap' test circuit and see how the receive signal changes...Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Simon ,Originally posted by simonbaker View PostQuite excellent DtM! Nice way to show your new scope.
I'm interested also in the LF353 output that drives the sync pulse, what does it look like?
I get those little spikes on the RX signal also. I suspect it is caused by the negative power rail circuitry, but not sure.
Your TX signal looks more sinusoidal than mine. Do you have the JFet in the oscillator or not?
You mentioned Notch -- did you build the full TGS circuit with the notch and battery check and everything?
I think next you should start using the discriminator mode -- that's where the fun begins!
Regards,
-SB
This the output of the LF353 pin 1 that drives the sync pulse .
Although there is some distortion it seems to dissapear in the next stage.
The next 2 images are the outputs of the LM393 ...
And yes , I did build the complete TGS with notch and batterycheck : When I was reading all the posts at that moment the TGS had proven itself ... I thought
.
I saw the TGSL pcb's offered by Silverdog , maybe my next project.
Whenever you need some more images for comparison let me know.
kind regards ,
Dennis the Mennis
Leave a comment:
-
I like their philosophy of no frills detectors. I think they accomplished that very well.Originally posted by dfbowers View PostWell, I made some assumptions when I said that Jack was the owner, but Tesoro is owned by the Gifford family.
Here is the history of the company:
http://www.tesoro.com/info/about/
Cheers!
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by simonbaker View PostGood one. I was too lazy to check. I wonder what other patents he has?
-SB
Well, I made some assumptions when I said that Jack was the owner, but Tesoro is owned by the Gifford family.
Here is the history of the company:
Leave a comment:
-
Good one. I was too lazy to check. I wonder what other patents he has?Originally posted by dfbowers View PostNo surprise there I guess, if there are similar. Jack Gifford's name (Tesoro company owner) is on the patent.
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
No surprise there I guess, if there are similar. Jack Gifford's name (Tesoro company owner) is on the patent.Originally posted by simonbaker View PostIt's pretty close, although the TGS does not directly compare amplitudes of the two detected channels in a single comparator like that. Rather, it uses two separate comparators, each having a reference threshold, and the two outputs are logically "AND"ed together, creating a detection logic circuit where each channel must detect the target independently for final audible detection. Also, the patent diagram has an "Absolute Value" block in each channel which I'm not sure of the function, but does not exist in the TGS.
I don't pretend to really understand the details of this patent (or others), the details are hard for me to be really clear on without exhaustive study, and patent writers always try to hedge their ideas to include myriad variations by implication.
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: