Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEMAC
    replied
    TRANSISTORS

    BOTH BC 547

    Leave a comment:


  • Friday
    replied
    Hi...

    What are these transistors name? anybody built it?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • old_stalker
    replied
    Dear ivconic.
    It is not necessary to take offence. At each forum there is the "simonbaker".
    I have made two TGSL and both work well. Not having qualitative LF353 I have made
    Replacement on TL081. Now has made eldorado1265.
    I am happy. All metallodetektors are made from
    Old details. All depends on quality of details. Continue the activity at a forum.
    I always with impatience wait for your new messages.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    3. I don't know what is going on. I may be an *** but I bend over backwards to be respectful all the time. But recent comments are not funny and in fact unfair, so I answered sarcastically. Then it gets worse. So I give up. I have always been one of his biggest fans, enjoyed his posts and great work, never intended any disrespect. I still love metal detector circuits and will continue to analyze and experiment; I believe that's what this forum is for.

    2. Which is C3? So many schematics.

    1. If input is pure sine wave, yes the "jaggies" will go away with time after initial start. But if input has "bump" or other sharp change, it causes oscillations again.

    Regards,

    -SB
    Hi,
    the 100pf one... connected to LF353... it's also c3 in your simulation.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    1. use longer simulation time... 5ms is not enough
    2. change c3 value up and down and notice the difference...
    3. what's going on ???
    3. I don't know what is going on. I may be an *** but I bend over backwards to be respectful all the time. But recent comments are not funny and in fact unfair, so I answered sarcastically. Then it gets worse. So I give up. I have always been one of his biggest fans, enjoyed his posts and great work, never intended any disrespect. I still love metal detector circuits and will continue to analyze and experiment; I believe that's what this forum is for.

    2. Which is C3? So many schematics.

    1. If input is pure sine wave, yes the "jaggies" will go away with time after initial start. But if input has "bump" or other sharp change, it causes oscillations again.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    I am making Ivconic's TGSL Final PCB, but hand-wiring.

    I have a problem at output of U101b (LF353 disc signal).

    The output has jagged spikes on top of sine wave.

    I tried reducing amplitude of TX oscillator (by putting 7k resistor in place of R6 24k resistor). That made the "jaggies" go away - smooth sine output.

    So I simulated the circuit and adjusted the TX oscillator amplitude to grow slowly, and at a certain value I see the "jaggies" appear just before the LF353 inputs become saturated.

    Conclusion: the disc signal from LF353 can be distorted by large TX oscillator signal. That may be one reason for the JFet feedback in oscillator, to keep it from saturating the LF353 inputs.

    Do other people see this problem?

    I attached LTSpice images and circuit.

    Regards,

    -SB
    1. use longer simulation time... 5ms is not enough
    2. change c3 value up and down and notice the difference...
    3. what's going on ???

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied


    What's happening now !?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Yes, the TGSL is perfect. I'll put this curious spice circuit in another thread.

    Bye bye.

    -SB
    What a perverse miniature dishonest soul you are!? Now i realized! You and few other idiots here on this forum. A clan!

    Leave a comment:


  • DEMAC
    replied
    TO MR IVCONIC

    DEAR SIR

    AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED,I HAVE ASSEMBLED A TGSL BY YOUR CIRCUIT,A FETLESS ONE.

    I HAVE MADE TWO SETS OF COILS WITH LITTLE DIFFERENCES,ONLY FOR TRY-(I LIKE ANALYSIS)

    I HAVE FINISHED ASSEMBLING,CONECTING COILS(OVER A WOOD TABLE)
    AND WITH A PENNY USA,IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS I GET ABOUT 22 CM.

    I'M SHURE THAT IF YOUR EQUIPEMENT IS CAREOUSLY ASSEMBLED("BY THE BOOK"),IT HAS NO ANY PROBLEM.

    IHAVE USED TL072 AND TL081,I'M WAITING FOR THE ORIGINALS.

    I ALSO ASSEMBLED A HH MONOCOIL,WITH INSTANT STARTING TOO.

    I WORK IN AUDIO (MAKE SOME AMPLIFIERS MEDIUM TO HIGH QUALITY)

    FOR SOME PEOPLE.

    MY WORK IS CAREOUSLY MADE.ANYBODY THAT WORKS LOGYCALLY,CAN START YOUR DESIGN.

    AND HH TOO..

    IN LIFE LEARN IS A NONSTOP WORK. I LIKE VERY MUCH YOUR BULLDOZER

    WAY.(I'M TOO).

    PLEASE,RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION.TOO MUCH PEOPLE(NEWBIES AND NOT SO NEWBIES APPRECIATE YOUR WORK AND YOUR WAY)

    I'M LEARNING ABOUT MD,AND YOU GIVE ME A BIG HAND WITH YOUR OPEN ANALYSYS.

    YOU TEACH ALL TIME.THIS IS VERY GENEROUS.

    I READ ALL YOUR POSTS.YOU HAVE A FAN HERE.MY LANGUAGE IS LIMITED.BUT I EXPECT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE OVERALL SENSE.

    HAVE A GOOD NIGHT,AND BETTER WAKE UP

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    I reread my post with waveforms and can see it might seem critical. Really, I'm just trying to understand puzzle, not criticize.
    Anyway, sorry, TGSL obviously excellent machine, I am trying to make one too.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Never had any simillar experience!?
    Must be something wrong with your coil or something else.
    You keep pushing jfet thing here again and again. So persistent!?
    No problems at all if fet part omited, for the last time!
    Huhhhh!

    Are your intentions to totally discredit my modifications and pcb's??
    To turn away people who are intending to make TGSL the way i suggested?
    Being so persistent page by page...."jfet this...jfet that... why omited...its important"...!?
    I made 32 devices so far, all are working excellent. On neither one i ever had simillar occurences as you described in your last post!?? I scoped whole TGSL million times and NEVER had anything simillar like on your shot there???
    So...what's the real story here? To discredit ivconic and his work? To deny ivconics claims and experiences?
    All right, let there be your way! I'm outa of here for good!
    This forum will never again get anything from me! NEVER!
    Yes, the TGSL is perfect. I'll put this curious spice circuit in another thread.

    Bye bye.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Never had any simillar experience!?
    Must be something wrong with your coil or something else.
    You keep pushing jfet thing here again and again. So persistent!?
    No problems at all if fet part omited, for the last time!
    Huhhhh!

    Are your intentions to totally discredit my modifications and pcb's??
    To turn away people who are intending to make TGSL the way i suggested?
    Being so persistent page by page...."jfet this...jfet that... why omited...its important"...!?
    I made 32 devices so far, all are working excellent. On neither one i ever had simillar occurences as you described in your last post!?? I scoped whole TGSL million times and NEVER had anything simillar like on your shot there???
    So...what's the real story here? To discredit ivconic and his work? To deny ivconics claims and experiences?
    All right, let there be your way! I'm outa of here for good!
    This forum will never again get anything from me! NEVER!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    LF353 Disc problems

    I am making Ivconic's TGSL Final PCB, but hand-wiring.

    I have a problem at output of U101b (LF353 disc signal).

    The output has jagged spikes on top of sine wave.

    I tried reducing amplitude of TX oscillator (by putting 7k resistor in place of R6 24k resistor). That made the "jaggies" go away - smooth sine output.

    So I simulated the circuit and adjusted the TX oscillator amplitude to grow slowly, and at a certain value I see the "jaggies" appear just before the LF353 inputs become saturated.

    Conclusion: the disc signal from LF353 can be distorted by large TX oscillator signal. That may be one reason for the JFet feedback in oscillator, to keep it from saturating the LF353 inputs.

    Do other people see this problem?

    I attached LTSpice images and circuit.

    Regards,

    -SB
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I am not using earphones with TGSL...although it is suggestable.
    But i intend to add earphone jack on my last TGSL.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I read about this.You have posted about.From pictures I see that you use small metal jack.They are low quality.I also had similar problems.Now switched to minelab once.So how you attach jack in last version?Add extra 150ohm and to gnd?
    I rather use headphones.Better depths this way for shore.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X