Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Hi Ultimate_Haze: I am trying to make same pcb so interested.

    Can you answer this question: when you take detector outside and set sensitivity pot to most sensitivity, do you hear any noise chatter, or is it totally quiet?

    Regards,

    -SB
    Chatters can appear due bad coil also. Actually....in 99% of cases chatters DO appear due bad coil (at all pcb versions, i know that cose i made all versions so far).

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Ok,
    I just wanned to now.
    So I will scrap all and make new coils.
    Notice that I can thune RX buy adding some extra cap.lets say 6n8.And with this setup I see good depth.But when I test device its sensitive to hot rocks and iron in disc mode.Then it rely must be my coil....
    I now that no body can solve my problems from distance.Just getting crazy.Its simple device.Shouldn't be so hard.And I have made all with a lot of care and good will.
    Thanks
    Hi Ultimate_Haze: I am trying to make same pcb so interested.

    Can you answer this question: when you take detector outside and set sensitivity pot to most sensitivity, do you hear any noise chatter, or is it totally quiet?

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hi,
    I leave it in middle position all the time.
    Think that this cant change depth performance in this moment.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Ok,
    I just wanned to now.
    So I will scrap all and make new coils.
    Notice that I can thune RX buy adding some extra cap.lets say 6n8.And with this setup I see good depth.But when I test device its sensitive to hot rocks and iron in disc mode.Then it rely must be my coil....
    I now that no body can solve my problems from distance.Just getting crazy.Its simple device.Shouldn't be so hard.And I have made all with a lot of care and good will.
    Thanks
    Ultimate_Haze:

    How did you decide where to set your ground balance pot?

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • DEMAC
    replied
    about tgsl

    mr ivconic

    there is a diference in between tgsl schema and pcb.

    a 1n4148 diode,d13 as per sb schema,from anode of all the diodes around 4024 to gnd.

    can you explain the function of that?

    thanks so much(i am newbie).

    best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Now its look like everything is like it should be.
    This iron detection were bugging me.
    So I should try to fine tune my best coil so far.I should monitor only rx signal with oscilloscope and look for smallest reading possible.Right?/rx not conected to PCB in this procedure/.
    But this way I wont be able to monitor TX/RX faze shift.
    I were using ch1 2n2907 collector and ch2 353 pin7 and multimeter in same time conected to 353 pin7 so I can look for smallest reading in same time.
    But with this way RX is conected to PCB.
    What is your advice?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "..So my point is when I swing this horseshoe around cross points of TX/RX winding,I can hear sound like for good target.Is this normal?.....


    It is normal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    So my point is when I swing this horseshoe around cross points of TX/RX winding,I can hear sound like for good target.Is this normal?
    All coils so far couldnt be null below 0,2.
    Now I have print the former that were posted here in PDF format.To clear former size and shape question.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Horseshoe? No, not discriminating totally. Beeps with spits and cracks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    So I will make new 2-3 coils.I have noticed small diferance in voltage somewhere in RX.Could this be lead for me?I will check it again to be shore.
    Does your coil discriminate test object#2 totaly?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    6n8 in parallel with 15nF is to much. Range from ~14nF to ~16nF is area of experimenting and tuning RX. So..you better put 10nF there and add some values in parallel. But right now no need for that. 15nF is quite alright value to set up detector to work correctly. When you achieve 28-30cm in air for single coin than you may try to gain some cm extra by fine tuning RX capacitor.

    I suggest you to scope LF353 output when experimenting with parallel capacitances at input.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Ok,
    I just wanned to now.
    So I will scrap all and make new coils.
    Notice that I can thune RX buy adding some extra cap.lets say 6n8.And with this setup I see good depth.But when I test device its sensitive to hot rocks and iron in disc mode.Then it rely must be my coil....
    I now that no body can solve my problems from distance.Just getting crazy.Its simple device.Shouldn't be so hard.And I have made all with a lot of care and good will.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Ivconic,
    I have searched last version and now there are few questions that bugs me.
    Isn't yellow line forming bad ground loop that could cause noise problems?
    Also U102 and U103 dont have 100N comp.cap!Why?
    No, not at all.
    ................
    U102 and U103, yes those are not having decoupling capacitors. Why? I dont think those are neccessary there at all.

    If your pcb and components on it are correct than only problem would be your coil. Doesn't matter how many coils you made if nulling wasn't done properly. I guess, you must done something wrong in process of nulling coils.There is some little mistake you probably repeating at each coil.
    It is difficult to predict what that mistake would be.
    As repeated so many times; coils do demand serious attention in process of making, shielding and balancing (nulling).

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Ivconic,
    I have searched last version and now there are few questions that bugs me.
    Isn't yellow line forming bad ground loop that could cause noise problems?
    Also U102 and U103 dont have 100N comp.cap!Why?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Ha,ha...i knew you were joking. I reacted not for you but for other people here. As my English is not perfect, i can only imagine how would understand simillar jokes those with even less knowing of English language.
    So...strategic acting is MUST from time to time. This is forum....sometimes we must do something less popular to prevent missunderstandings in future. You are not some spring chicken - i know you will understand.
    I wasn't sure, had to play it safe... glad to confirm you are a fox... -- but I do respect sensitivities, got more than I want of my own...

    Always fun here!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X