Originally posted by Geo
View Post
I think is a good idea... but problem could be ground signal and GEB with this.
The only way to know is building one. I've made different OO12cm for bandidoII and goldensabre and worked fine on the ground... (at least with bandido)... but I admit I'm a bit scared of making a real OO20cm for my detectors...
If you make a big DD you notice there is a bigger ground influence due to dimension of halves... even if perfectly shielded... the problem could be more and more bigger on an OO20cm.
I'm doing other stuff at the moment but I think that (at least in the air) an OO20cm could boost up performances of my existent detectors of about 25-30% respect to the big DD255x137mm I've made following Ivconic's specs.
But then also housing could be a real pain...
Anyway, could be very interesting as experiment.
Kind regards,
Max
.


)
Leave a comment: