Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Ivconic.
    Sorry the probleme were in battery!
    My voltage drop too fast!!!
    When tryed with ac/dc adapter conected to TGS your coil work excelent!!
    Can you tell me how to null beter my new multimeter have 200m in AC this is under 2 volt range should be better right?
    Or I should use 2 volt range and try to keep .018?

    p.s.The coil I saw were 40cm!!!!
    Very respectating.
    I were surprised!My test coin were detected at 60cm in air WOW.!
    So I am wondering what TGS can do with something like this?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Max.
    I have used the same picture to see what is the LM317T pinconfiguration.
    I used LM317T,1N4007 diode and 20 ohm resistor wired the way that you show.
    You told me to charge over night or for 12 hours.
    I make the same thing.
    I now that have mistake somewhere but can't find what exacly.
    When the batteries were new with their own charge they were working fine,but now when I charge them its look like 3 cells are damaged.
    I have spend much money around this suply variant!!
    THANKS

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Good Ivconic, but tell me what is the reason to use trimmer on pcb, instead of pot on front panel?
    Are there any RF losses thru wires that came from pcb to front panel?
    If this is rigth, what about using shielding wires?

    In advance many thanks

    Regards

    Nelson


    Well, i was pushed to make some compromises yesterday, so again used TL081a instead LM308....Put enormous effort to undestand how to make it work good and.....piece of cake!

    Yes TL081a could be used...(sheeeesh i already told it cant)....
    No major corrections at all, just as "Sens." do not use pot but trimmer on pcb, adjust it to work calm and fine and leave it on pcb for good....
    Depths remains same as with LM308...only "Sens." stays as trimmer preset....
    No more "Sens." knob on front panel....

    Hard compromise...but no other solution so far...
    Regards!












    [/quote]

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...

    ...
    Some of coils i've used on 255x137mm former...
    110w=24,7ohms=6,68mH
    105w=22,3ohms=6,11mH or 6,55mH constrained...
    100w=21,2ohms=5,61mH or 5,99mH constrained, giving 14,6kHz

    Working good, excellent! Very good depths....
    Your report about poor results doesnt mean much here. Even when respecting all i done on my coils wont guarantee you good results...Much other things to be done to make it work good....Try again!


    Max i used "N" type....

    Well, i was pushed to make some compromises yesterday, so again used TL081a instead LM308....Put enormous effort to undestand how to make it work good and.....piece of cake!

    Yes TL081a could be used...(sheeeesh i already told it cant)....
    No major corrections at all, just as "Sens." do not use pot but trimmer on pcb, adjust it to work calm and fine and leave it on pcb for good....
    Depths remains same as with LM308...only "Sens." stays as trimmer preset....
    No more "Sens." knob on front panel....

    Hard compromise...but no other solution so far...
    Regards!












    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi Ivconic,
    to be more explicit... the metal can or standard dip ones ?

    Cause I think can find the AH... with a bit of luck.

    They introduce less noise and have some different freq. response... though circuit should be the same on the chip.

    Let me know if you have tryed the metal can... TO-99.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi Ivconic,
    I have a dubt now on which version of LM308 could be better...

    I mean, I've tested the LM308N cause find 2 recovering them from another circuit... and the TGS is going well with them, seems better than with tl081, of course... but I can't use them cause I have to replace where I found them sooner or later.

    So I have to find 2 new, or used... from other stuff.

    Have you used the LM308N or the LM308AH ? ... cause I know there were some differences , though really small things.

    So before I dismantle things to find 2 ... better know what to search !

    Please let me know.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    this is the pinout of LM317T... maybe this was the error ???

    The circuit schematics could be confusing... look at pinout of device....
    the adj is not a center but at left side of it...

    Was this the mistake ?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    which one ????

    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    I have broke two batteries with this circuit.I have made exacly the same as on the picture.I have conected + to diode and then to Vin;Vout to 20 ohm resistor and then to adj.and to battery +!!
    I have charged for 12 hours.
    When batteries were with their own charge they worked good,I have played to discharge them a little before conect to circuit and charge~~!!
    Bad news NOW when I conect the battery that should be charged and switch on the voltage drops from 12. to 6.6!!!
    When I measure the cells one buy one there are 3 cells that show 0,22;0,12 and 0,01!
    Why?
    Please help.
    Hi,
    which circuit ? The first limiter only or this of the picture below ?
    I've used both for years an never had troubles... maybe you made some mistake.

    Both way works...

    use the one below... require less care than the simpler.
    --
    LIMIT IS

    0.6/R4 ---> 0.6/2.2 = 272mA that is always hi for e.g. 1.2Ah battery

    Good value for 1.2Ah battery is 4.8 ohm (limit at 125mA).

    Circuit works perfect with both gel-type or adsorbed-glass-mat.
    Just rotate the trimmer to get 13.8 V at output.
    Use an AC 18+V transformer with it.
    --

    You can leave it attached to the battery for more than 10hours without problems... I do that way.

    Let me know.

    "Bad news NOW when I conect the battery that should be charged and switch on the voltage drops from 12. to 6.6!!!"

    If your charger goes down the fixed charging voltage that means :
    - not enough current delivered - e.g. you have too small transformer
    - some kind of protection circuit down the voltage to a safety area for e.g. semiconductors

    Using the circuit I've reposted here you'll notice small changes on voltage due to the charge: these are normal.

    When battery is fully charged you'll get there a voltage above near 13.8v with charger connected, as the output with no load of charger. Current drop to zero.

    Depending on the battery model when you disconnect it from charger happens always a small voltage reduction e.g. to 13.6, 13.5 : normal.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    PS: some sla batteries have max cell voltage of 2.15V so give you max of 12.9v at full charge: circuit works good also for these... but better if you set output voltage at 13.2v with no load
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Ivconic I have tryed this yours new coil,but very poor results!
    I have make the same number of turns and used 0,25 without varnish/and 0,27 with varnish/
    I have the same housing and wanna try this coil!
    Can you tell the resistance of the windings?
    Man I have saw 40 cm coil!It were able to detect VERY deep!!!
    Can you try making one!
    This housings that we use have a larger ones I think 33 and 38cm.
    Its worh the work
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    I were very carefull to not heat the cells!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Max.
    I have broke two batteries with this circuit.I have made exacly the same as on the picture.I have conected + to diode and then to Vin;Vout to 20 ohm resistor and then to adj.and to battery +!!
    I have charged for 12 hours.
    When batteries were with their own charge they worked good,I have played to discharge them a little before conect to circuit and charge~~!!
    Bad news NOW when I conect the battery that should be charged and switch on the voltage drops from 12. to 6.6!!!
    When I measure the cells one buy one there are 3 cells that show 0,22;0,12 and 0,01!
    Why?
    Please help.

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi.
    I have found some mistakes in the circuit, for example 7808, it is necessary to change (IN, OUT).
    There are no two Caps on PCB. Now it is a little, but after a while all files, including Proteus 6.95. will be sent here. Why that I Mail three days does not work.
    Best regards.
    Vladimir D.


    Hi Vladimir D.
    Ok, I waiting for your final work.
    Can you give me your mailbox address ?
    My email : [email protected]
    Regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hi Ivica.
    I shall draw new PCB to you, with LM308.
    Little later.
    Best regards.
    Vladimir D.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hi.
    I have found some mistakes in the circuit, for example 7808, it is necessary to change (IN, OUT).
    There are no two Caps on PCB. Now it is a little, but after a while all files, including Proteus 6.95. will be sent here. Why that I Mail three days does not work.
    Best regards.
    Vladimir D.

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    HI Ivconic and Vladimir
    Your working for TGSL very good .
    Circuit drawing with proteus software.
    Please upload here or send my email proteus file .
    My email : [email protected]

    Thanks a lot .

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X