Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    in this link that you give there is no GS!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    I will buy tomorrow the parts for this circuit and plan to build it soon!
    And also will search for some multimeter that have frequency reading!/and that I can aford/

    And will contact you again!Please calculate the number of turns for this DD25cm coil that I asked you when have some free time!

    p.s.I saw that you advice someone to try:

    For DD you could try:
    RX 130 turns suitable former to get a 22cm halve
    TX 120 turns idem
    wire 0.30 mm (free of varnish)

    what is this DD 40?/22cm halve?/
    I will check again the TGS theme to see what is the inductance for its coil!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    This is very good!
    But I need new multimeter any way!
    You have help me very much.I have two days to make proper coil.Because my vacantion start and I will have to use my toy insted of TGS if I dont have working coil!
    Thanks

    p.s.have you tested this homemade LC meter?

    Hi,
    no I haven't but I think it works. Was a great lecture this poptronics at that time... who knows ? maybe is better than many commercial low-quality L-meters.

    Anyway,
    about inductances look here:



    You'll find everything about Tesoro's coils.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    This is very good!
    But I need new multimeter any way!
    You have help me very much.I have two days to make proper coil.Because my vacantion start and I will have to use my toy insted of TGS if I dont have working coil!
    Thanks

    p.s.have you tested this homemade LC meter?

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi,

    I am planing to buy multimeter wiht frequency.
    And find someone that have LC meter to borrow because I have some financial difficulties now.
    Thanks


    p.s.But if I have multimeter wiht frequency reading I can use this circuit and calculate inductance!This will be my goal now!

    Frequency should be 14 Hz right?But still cant find your post for inductance!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    I still dont have one,but tomorrow will buy.I can aford only cheep one so far with only frequency reading!
    I will use your chematic!

    p.s.for the battery charger will be fine to use 20 ohm insted of 18 ohm or it will be no good?
    Take a look at the other circuit from poptronics.
    20ohm would be fine for charger.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Desperate's Inductance Meter (adapter)

    Hi tiktak,
    ehm... don't know if it's woth or not...
    maybe is much better buy one already made and good...
    anyway, there is an ancient poptronics project

    Can measure from 3uH to 7mH inductances (with poor precision...) using a multimeter with just a 200mV range.

    You haven't buy anything new I think.

    Not too bad... considering that 7mH are just the limit you need to measure Tesoro's coils.

    Anyway... don't tell around I've posted that stuff.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    I still dont have one,but tomorrow will buy.I can aford only cheep one so far with only frequency reading!
    I will use your chematic!

    p.s.for the battery charger will be fine to use 20 ohm insted of 18 ohm or it will be no good?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The reason for the circuit?
    Answer (with a question): How are you going to measure the frequency if you don't have an oscillator?
    Hi,
    right. But he could use the TX osc of GSabre... same thing...
    just the formula is a bit more complex and have to know exactly values of two capacitors.

    But he could do also that way, without making the oscillator circuit I posted.
    Problem is that he hasn't :

    - frequency meters
    - inductance meters

    But want to know inductance...
    Really tricky thing without the two of above !

    I think your advice of getting an inductance meter is the best for him.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.Its look like I have to buy one FAST/multimeter with frequency reading/!!!!
    But if I have one why I need this circuit that you have shown?
    Whats the idea?More precize reading?Or?
    And one more question:the BFR99 have 4 legs and 2N2907 have 3?
    What should I conect to this S point which goes to ground?
    Hi,
    fact is that is simple using the formula of above , so just one capacitor, instead of using e.g. the tx section of GSabre directly then reversing the Colpitts formula to get inductance. But you can do also that way... you haven't buffer but you can read frequency directly from GSabre oscillator too.

    Circuit is a general purpose one... could be used for other measures of frequency on general LC loads.

    You need in both cases a frequency meter, or a multimeter with it built-in.

    I was thinking you got one already (multimeter)... so I posted the oscillator circuit.

    I know. So could be worth getting a good multimeter with inductance meter too ... like suggested before... than find a new with just frequency meter!

    Anyway, when I talk of "built in" freq. meter I mean a multimeter like the one below (must be Hz label somewhere at rotating switch).

    About the S = shield , is the metal case of BFR99, internally connected to the S-lead. You could also ignore it if use e.g. 2n2907.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.Its look like I have to buy one FAST/multimeter with frequency reading/!!!!
    But if I have one why I need this circuit that you have shown?
    Whats the idea?More precize reading?Or?
    And one more question:the BFR99 have 4 legs and 2N2907 have 3?
    What should I conect to this S point which goes to ground?
    The reason for the circuit?
    Answer (with a question): How are you going to measure the frequency if you don't have an oscillator?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    You mean that I can conect this simple multimeter that I have to this circuit and I will be able to measure frequency?But in which range should I put my multimeter?
    Thanks
    Here's an example of a multimeter with a frequency input ->

    It also has the advantage of a capacitance meter, so that you can measure the capacitor accurately.
    Preferably you should buy this -> http://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/jz_lcr40.html

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Max.Its look like I have to buy one FAST/multimeter with frequency reading/!!!!
    But if I have one why I need this circuit that you have shown?
    Whats the idea?More precize reading?Or?
    And one more question:the BFR99 have 4 legs and 2N2907 have 3?
    What should I conect to this S point which goes to ground?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    You mean that I can conect this simple multimeter that I have to this circuit and I will be able to measure frequency?But in which range should I put my multimeter?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    your multimeter must have the frequency meter built in.

    Or you have to use scope or a stand-alone frequency meter.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    you can just connect your multimeter for reading frequency at the output leads. That's all.

    The circuit gives a good buffering and any multimeter will read that signal. I'm sure of that.

    You only need a suitable and known capacitor value to use the reverse formula and find the actual inductance of coil.

    BFR99 is a special RF transistor... but you can replace if you want with any good dinamic gain PNP one... e.g. a >250 gain 2N2907.
    Circuit works too at lower frequencies... but of course you'll never get it oscillate at 400MHz like with the BFR99...

    Of course you don't need so hi-frequencies to make your readings... just few KHz are enough for your needs (find inductance value of coils).

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi,
    Max.
    You mean that I can conect this simple multimeter that I have to this circuit and I will be able to measure frequency?But in which range should I put my multimeter?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X