Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tiktak
    replied
    Have tested buy puting the multitest - on the 7808 g leg and on this TR10 there is voltage but on this on right side that are 4 one behind other and on their legs there is no voltage.And on two bridges.
    Also TX 115 because I were limited in wire and RX 127.Then make RX 115 no differance.Will try make TX 100 and RX 115.Because wire is 0,30mm but max told me that this could read as 0,28!There must be something.
    Any way thanks will try and tell you what I noticed

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    to Ivconic

    Hi,
    Thanks for your help!
    I also think that md is ok and the problem might be in the coil!?!?
    I have used 0,30 mm wire and try to make your coil!But only dont fix with glue!Because I wanned to try puling out windings to try to reach right resistance,I dont have quality multimeter and I use bad like on one of your pictures.And nuled ok,but doubt it measure right!And can you tell me when you null coil you conect TX-start and end point to points U and V.And multimeter to RX start and end point afther 1k resistor and 15n cap?
    And when null then just conect RX start and end to points S and T just to test is this working?
    I trust to what MAX has told to me!And have hope to help me solve my problemes.I have tryed to switch on in disc.And have tryed to switch on in all metal.No diferance!Are you shore that transistor PN2222A is C B E?
    I have found datas only for PN2222A that told that this is E B C!
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Hi Max I have noticed that in some points there is no voltage at all!
    I will mark them and post,so you could be able to point me the right way again thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hey Max, about this........

    Originally Posted by Max
    Hi Shahab,
    think that we treated before... anyway I use with success this DD.
    Outer diameter of DD coil = 22cm
    Wire diameter/gauge 0.25mm(30AWG) measured without varnish (0.28 with varnish)
    Tx turns = 120
    Rx turns = 120 (but you maybe would use a bit more 125-135)
    Resistance of both around 22ohm (must be from 18 to 24ohm)

    Null as well as you can... read previous posts for how to.

    Then test before without shields and see how it goes... if you get e.g. 25cm for 1cm coin you are on the right way. Then add spiral of foil... as shield as described.
    Fix everything in housing using epoxy.

    I can detect 1eur coin at 30cm underground with that coil and bandidoII. Coil would be even better on GS.

    CAN YOU POST DETAILS OF YOUR COIL, LIKE: INDUCTANCE MEASURED, RESISTANCE, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DIAMETER.

    I NEED THIS TO COMPARE MY PREVIUS COILS. REMEMBER THAT FOR A 22 CMS COILS, ON PREVIUS POST NUMBERS OF TURNS WHERE BTW 141 AND 151. MY TESTS SHOWS THAT WORKING TO GET THE CORRECT IMPEDANCE (BTW 19 AND 22 OHMS), YOU GET VERY CLOSE TO THE INDUCTANCE REQUESTED. ALSO WHEN I TAIGTH THE COILS HAS ALL KOW, THE INDUCTANCE GOES UP, SO FOR THIS I NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH INDUCTANCE YOU GOT BEFORE YOU PLACE THE CORD, FOILS AND TAPE, AND HOW MUCH YOU GOT AFTER YOU FINISH YOUR COIL.
    MY 28 CMS COILS HAVE 80 TO 85 TURNS, INNER DIAMETER IS 27.5 CMS, INDUCTANDE AROUND 5.5 mH AND AFTER I TIGHTED BTW 8 AND 9 mH AND RESISTANCE IS OK BTW 20 TO 21.6 OHMS.
    SO PLEASE, LET ME KNOW THIS VITAL INFORMATION TO COMPERA MY RESULTS WITH YOURS.
    REGARDS

    NELSON

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi detctoman and thanks for your advice.
    Anyway, i think the problem is with the coil, because i have notice that impedance and also inductance is not the same has Ivconic got on his coils. The battery in effect is a 12 volst, 4 amps, but this energy pass thru a voltage regulator to get 9 volts on the circuit. Ivconic i think has the same, 12 volts and high amps. Also some new Tesoro MD´s have replace the 9 volts battery by a 12 volts one.
    All components where recheked and no dubs about bad function. Indeed, the detector is working very nice and the only problem is that is not getting to much deep.
    After i finish and test my coils i ll post my results.

    Best regards my friend and thanks for your advices.

    Nelson


    Originally posted by detectoman View Post
    aclaration, eigth batteries AA maybe whit regulator to 8 volts, or six batteries AA whithout regulator,( nine volts)
    put hig amperage is very dangerous one short circuit can burn the complete md instantally
    put low amperage ( 9 volts one battery ) is insufficient power operation no good
    best regards to all

    detectoman

    Leave a comment:


  • detectoman
    replied
    aclaration, eigth batteries AA maybe whit regulator to 8 volts, or six batteries AA whithout regulator,( nine volts)
    put hig amperage is very dangerous one short circuit can burn the complete md instantally
    put low amperage ( 9 volts one battery ) is insufficient power operation no good
    best regards to all

    detectoman

    Leave a comment:


  • detectoman
    replied
    in many times the problem is not in the coil, may be, one transistor turn, or bad substitute, inadecuate, try others, or one ic not original, or burned try others, in the md of nelson he say put 4 amps battery,these is exceded, try eight batteries AA
    try others (little o most big), capacitors in paralell whit coils points
    check position of diodes, check polarity position of cap electr,totally inspecction and special of solders points whit big lupa' aumento, of kristal
    my apologies for my bad english
    detectoman

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    EXCELLENT IVCONIC, SO THIS WILL CLEAR MY DUBS.
    DON´T WORRY, NO ONE IS PERFECT.
    YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT CONTRIBUTION AND YES, I HAVE TAKING TO MUCH TIME WITH THE COIL PROBLEM.....BUT THIS IS GOOD TOO, YOU DON´T KNOW HOW MUCH I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT COILS. MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO GOOD, TO WRITE EVERYTHING WHAT I HAVE DONE TO GET A GOOD COIL.
    HAS YOU SAID IN OTHER POST. THIS GS DETECTOR IS A NICE MACHINE TO WORK WITH IT. TO ME THIS MD IS FLEXIBLE IN ALL WAYS. LOOKS LIKE IT WILL ACCEPT LOTS OF EXPERIMENTATION. NO LCD, PICS TO PROGRAM AND ALL THAT STUFF THAT COMPLICATES OUR LEARNING JOB.
    PERHAPS THE COILS I M USING NOW, WICH IS NOT THE BEST ONE, GS HAS OVERRITE ACE 250.

    KEEP POSTING YOUR EXPIRENCIES IVCONIC AND I WICH YOU GOOD LUCK

    REGARDS

    NELSON

    I have strong need to explain this muss more...
    Remember when i talked about coil housings? I noted that excellent
    coil housing can be record holder from old turntable....So!
    I founded one with diammeter of 28cm....Sheesh!!!!
    All the time i had those 28cm on my mind! Even when preparing
    that wooden platform for coil wounding....Redraw recold holder on
    platform with pen, substracted approx. 1cm and draw another-smaller
    circle to drill holes for small wooden poles...again without
    any measuring. I done this so many times, prepared so many "platforms"
    for various coils....you cant imagine!
    It became stupid,vapid routine for me.....Later i done all what
    decribed here (posted photos) - again without measurments - who need
    those any more?!
    And finally tottally forgot starting measurements! All the time i was
    secured that 28cm is "the diammeter"...!?
    I wouldnt pay any attention more on it (already have prepared platform
    for next coils) if you werent complained here and posted your doubts...
    In some way I HAVE TO THANK YOU A LOT NELSON for reminding me...Heh!
    Obvious evidence that nobody here is infallible! Especially me!
    I made so many simillar mistakes here - no wonder some people always
    checking my posts!
    Myst be that funny hat i am wearing?
    So, SORRY again. I caused you a lot of work!
    Anyway, come to think, even if you correct all..still it is big
    difference in resistance you got with your coil?
    It is some 8-9 ohms difference between my and your coil? Is it
    possible? 1cm diammeter difference cant cause such big difference
    in resistances? Or it can? Only way is to check by making another coil
    and measure it.
    To do that fast, you have to wound coil only, without applying farady
    cage and all the tapes over....Do it just for comparsion and let me know.
    You have to gain between 20-22 ohms...

    Do not have doubts in wire gauge - i am sure about it. Already
    checked many times.

    Nelson...wish you succes. I am glad to see that your detector is
    working good.
    Next thing you'll wish - is to make it "Light", just as i done.
    You'll relized that after spending week or two on the field with it.
    It is so good in plain Disc mode, who need "Notch" any more?

    Regards! Keep us informed...

    TikTak, you'll get it! Sooner or later it will work! Do as Max told you.
    I think there is not any mistake in your detector. Just leave it in
    DISC mode (All Metal with full sense can cause "singing" as Max told you)
    First null the coil - later do the rest...[/QUOTE]

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Ivconic, well all must be taken with pacience and care.
    We are all here experimenters hobbiest, so i take it like that. Sharing our expirencies is the only way to success and increment knolegment. Some of us can do good jobs, some others can´t do success without been suported by good people like you and other good fellows here. But to get helped, like me, you must do jobs, bulding and experimenting MD´s. I don´t agree with people that only whant to get information from us and no experimentacion or bulding any detector at all. In resume, no contribution at all. I m here to meet good people that likes same thinks like me, buldind detector, test it and have a good time searching for good stuff from the ground, etc, etc, etc.

    About your 28 cms coil, mine has 27.5 cms inner diameter and now i got for TX 85 turns, 21.6 ohms of resistance and 7.8 mH. So , i hope this week to connect and try results.
    May be the reazon of my wrong results is the diameter. My coil, was wound on a 28 cms diameter form, not 26.8 cms, so may be this is the problem.
    Ivconic, i know that there are so many people like me, that are asking so many things about GS and the coils, but has i said, we need to learn from the master of GS ( Ivconic). You are the one that has more experimentation on this MD. Also Max is a good man that has good results with this MD and also he is a good fellow, helping us with our habbie.
    Finally, i have to said that my experiencies will always be posted here to help others with it, so Ivconic and Max, please be patience that students here needs to learn from you good people. For all your support, many thanks and best regards

    Sicerely

    Nelson




    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Wow! How many posts here, in one day??? I need some time to read all and than to reply here...
    But only short note for Nelson!

    Nelson, as old radioamateur, i remeber (although misty) that you can not use those calculations for large coils...It is not same thing.
    Formulas are valid only up to some diammeter (dont remeber which).
    Oh, yes, you can input any value in calculations but you will get impossible results, not accurate at all. Check with some radio amateur at your place...
    Most of formulas and calculations available on .net are for coil,chokes,inductances mostly used in radio designs, in most cases small sized coils...
    There must be some abbreviation factor included when calculating unusuall coils with unusuall sizes.
    So far as i know THERE IS NOT NEITHER ONE PROPER FORMULA for MD coil calculations....Strange but true!
    Thats why all think that there is some "secret" about coils for MD. There is not....
    Best way to know coil inductance is to wound it and than measure with accurate inductance meter....later to do some corrections...
    I am telling this cose i also tried so many times with various formulas and neither one gave valid results.
    I even reassembled one original White's coil, counted windings and compare all collected data with results got from several formulas - neither one justified experience with original coil???
    Know what i mean?

    Another thing;

    I am big donkey!!! Sorry,sorry,sorry !!! Sorry to all members here!

    Outer diammeter is 28cm! Inner diammeter is 26.8cm !!!!!!
    I just realized that!? In all hurry and hush to post here some concrete stuff i measured diammeter without thinking....I could swear on 28cm!!!!

    Just few moments ago, reading your complains i decided to measure all again.....!!!


    Sorry,sorry,sorry !!!! It was not intended! Sorry!

    Leave a comment:


  • Shahab
    replied
    Hi Ivconic.I wish you are fine & happy.

    In real your posts from first until now were very very useful.I wish you

    continue...

    But i want to say a thing you...I wish...

    You died me with your 28cm coils.Please...Please...Please...write right & true

    features about it...

    Leave a comment:


  • Shahab
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Shahab,
    think that we treated before... anyway I use with success this DD.
    Outer diameter of DD coil = 22cm
    Wire diameter/gauge 0.25mm(30AWG) measured without varnish (0.28 with varnish)
    Tx turns = 120
    Rx turns = 120 (but you maybe would use a bit more 125-135)
    Resistance of both around 22ohm (must be from 18 to 24ohm)

    Null as well as you can... read previous posts for how to.

    Then test before without shields and see how it goes... if you get e.g. 25cm for 1cm coin you are on the right way. Then add spiral of foil... as shield as described.
    Fix everything in housing using epoxy.

    I can detect 1eur coin at 30cm underground with that coil and bandidoII. Coil would be even better on GS.

    When you use it on real field make first a good geb tuning using trimpot on pcb... you haven't to see any audio change when rising or lowering the coil to soil from e.g. 30cm to 10cm... but you have to rise and lowering it fast not slowly. In test bench is better avoid messing with ground balance too much... just use a ferrite round core... you must set up trimpot to ignore it at 5cm from center of coil. You need detector doesn't sound with it... then exercize with disc/notch. For an idea look at bandido user manual... GS isn't much different but as Notch that bandido haven't.

    Then go to one good test field and play for 2-3 hours... and you'll master the beast!

    Best regards,
    Max
    Only i can say you "THANKS A LOT..."

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    .

    Huh!
    I have strong need to explain this muss more...
    Remember when i talked about coil housings? I noted that excellent
    coil housing can be record holder from old turntable....So!
    I founded one with diammeter of 28cm....Sheesh!!!!
    All the time i had those 28cm on my mind! Even when preparing
    that wooden platform for coil wounding....Redraw recold holder on
    platform with pen, substracted approx. 1cm and draw another-smaller
    circle to drill holes for small wooden poles...again without
    any measuring. I done this so many times, prepared so many "platforms"
    for various coils....you cant imagine!
    It became stupid,vapid routine for me.....Later i done all what
    decribed here (posted photos) - again without measurments - who need
    those any more?!
    And finally tottally forgot starting measurements! All the time i was
    secured that 28cm is "the diammeter"...!?
    I wouldnt pay any attention more on it (already have prepared platform
    for next coils) if you werent complained here and posted your doubts...
    In some way I HAVE TO THANK YOU A LOT NELSON for reminding me...Heh!
    Obvious evidence that nobody here is infallible! Especially me!
    I made so many simillar mistakes here - no wonder some people always
    checking my posts!
    Myst be that funny hat i am wearing?
    So, SORRY again. I caused you a lot of work!
    Anyway, come to think, even if you correct all..still it is big
    difference in resistance you got with your coil?
    It is some 8-9 ohms difference between my and your coil? Is it
    possible? 1cm diammeter difference cant cause such big difference
    in resistances? Or it can? Only way is to check by making another coil
    and measure it.
    To do that fast, you have to wound coil only, without applying farady
    cage and all the tapes over....Do it just for comparsion and let me know.
    You have to gain between 20-22 ohms...

    Do not have doubts in wire gauge - i am sure about it. Already
    checked many times.

    Nelson...wish you succes. I am glad to see that your detector is
    working good.
    Next thing you'll wish - is to make it "Light", just as i done.
    You'll relized that after spending week or two on the field with it.
    It is so good in plain Disc mode, who need "Notch" any more?

    Regards! Keep us informed...

    TikTak, you'll get it! Sooner or later it will work! Do as Max told you.
    I think there is not any mistake in your detector. Just leave it in
    DISC mode (All Metal with full sense can cause "singing" as Max told you)
    First null the coil - later do the rest...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Calculations?

    Wow! How many posts here, in one day??? I need some time to read all and than to reply here...
    But only short note for Nelson!

    Nelson, as old radioamateur, i remeber (although misty) that you can not use those calculations for large coils...It is not same thing.
    Formulas are valid only up to some diammeter (dont remeber which).
    Oh, yes, you can input any value in calculations but you will get impossible results, not accurate at all. Check with some radio amateur at your place...
    Most of formulas and calculations available on .net are for coil,chokes,inductances mostly used in radio designs, in most cases small sized coils...
    There must be some abbreviation factor included when calculating unusuall coils with unusuall sizes.
    So far as i know THERE IS NOT NEITHER ONE PROPER FORMULA for MD coil calculations....Strange but true!
    Thats why all think that there is some "secret" about coils for MD. There is not....
    Best way to know coil inductance is to wound it and than measure with accurate inductance meter....later to do some corrections...
    I am telling this cose i also tried so many times with various formulas and neither one gave valid results.
    I even reassembled one original White's coil, counted windings and compare all collected data with results got from several formulas - neither one justified experience with original coil???
    Know what i mean?

    Another thing;

    I am big donkey!!! Sorry,sorry,sorry !!! Sorry to all members here!

    Outer diammeter is 28cm! Inner diammeter is 26.8cm !!!!!!
    I just realized that!? In all hurry and hush to post here some concrete stuff i measured diammeter without thinking....I could swear on 28cm!!!!

    Just few moments ago, reading your complains i decided to measure all again.....!!!


    Sorry,sorry,sorry !!!! It was not intended! Sorry!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Max, have you tried any GS coils? HOw where your experiencies?
    Can you post your coils details to compare my expirencies with you.
    Now i m working on the TX coils, same has Ivconic, but i ll have to take turns away to get correct values. Don´t know the reazon of why if i use same dimensions, same coil form, same wire, i don´t get the results of 21 ohms and 6.7 ohms has Ivconic. No dubs on this, everything was cheked and is ok. But my mesures are still diferent. So for that i ll made the coils to match correct values, and this means for example for my tx coil only 85 turns instead of 120.
    120 turns give me 11.43 mH and 30.2 ohms, not correct, double cheked with diferent instruments and results are the same. Also if i calculate the values with software, gave me also very close to 85 turns ( see my previus report).

    Perhaps this troubles, it´s a very nice detector to experiment and learn.

    Best regards
    Nelson
    Hi Nelson,
    I've made DD22 and concentric round 8''... then also buy a 9x8 original coil.

    On DD I think you must have something different from him if you get so different number of turns.

    Maybe wire ???

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Max,
    When I try to null with multimeter and conect only TX without shields THIS NASTY SOUND IS STILL THERE!!!
    Its look like I reach right value!
    Can I try now just to conect two RX windings start and end point to RX place on PCB just to test?
    Or this is not good idea?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    disconnect speaker to avoid noise during nulling...
    then null as well as you can: use15nF cap and 1Kohm resistor.
    Try to reach few mV of amplitude (ac).

    Yes then connect rx back to pcb and test with speaker too.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X