Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nelson
    replied
    Same pins

    Hi, has Ivconic said, you can just replace LM308 by TL081, no mods to the pcb board needed. Ivconic also said that he has never try this but in theory must work. Don´t know anything about performance jet. When i finish mine, i ll post results.
    Regards
    Nelson

    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    HEllo,
    If I replace LM308 whit TL081 is there need of changing the pcb or they are with the same pin configuration?Only replace?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Can I replace LF353 whit TL072?Will this afect the preformance?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    ivconic, can you connect simply resistor 1 MOhm in parallel to the diode? NOT TO THE SOURCE

    !!! a source WILL BE COME UP for comparator output in case, if DC voltage on OP AMP output will be grow !!! you NOT NEED in the loading resistor you imaged!

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    HELLO?????????

    Hello,
    Can someone finaly explain how to connect the potentiometers and switches????
    And their princips of operation?
    Please

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    ???????

    HEllo,
    If I replace LM308 whit TL081 is there need of changing the pcb or they are with the same pin configuration?Only replace?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Can I replace LF353 whit TL072?Will this afect the preformance?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Hush
    replied
    About nulling and tuning...

    As you see, need explain about nulling coils. Is it posible nulling coils without
    osciloskope, with unimeter which can measure voltage peaks, and without hmm... signal generator? He-he, I haven't much instruments, but have good
    will. Also need some explains about tuning... maybe someone wish to tell me something more about it? Maybe Max from Mars or Ivconic or...
    Wish you all the best!

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    A picture speaks more than 100 words

    Hi Ivconic. What can i said, you are the master about this golden sabre project and the picture gives me a very clear idea about how to connect the coil.
    Didn´t know that you can replace that 4.7 uF caps with two in series 10 uF electrolitic caps to get 5 uF cap.
    Yes i think i will try TL081, this is a very common IC here.
    Again my friend, i just whant to thank you for been a good man on sharing with us your knolegment and expirencies, that let us know more and more about electronics and MD.
    Best regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Took another look at it, and...YES! KT315 is right! I traced pcb again.
    Yes KT315 you are right! How i missed that!!!??? I have few different
    schematics here....I payed attention on wrong one...Shhheeeeeesh!!!
    Bravo KT315 and thank you!
    But about loading resistor you mentioned...? I am not sure? Yes i can agree
    with you, there must be loading resistor...but it is not there? And device is
    working excellent!?
    I corrected schematic and here is now; i really hope complete and accurate!
    Porkluvr....Yes double O coil showed best results so far...but i gave up of those!
    Why? I am gonna explain why; not so suitable on terrains i've been visitng lately.
    There are a lot of bush arround,tree roots all over arround, high density opsticles
    and OO coil is not just suitable enough to approach to every spot;under some tree or
    between some stones...when coinshooting. I do that mainly...coinshooting.
    So i made hard compromise and switched back to DD (double D) coils, again...
    Double D shape is much more suitable for that kind of prospecting than double O.
    But if you prefer leveled terrains than i suggest you to make OO coil cose a bit
    greather depth than DD coil.That was my only reason to leave OO coils for now...
    No i didnt say "...no gnd connection on RX..." !? Yes there is gnd connection on RX!
    Must be! But not at pcb. That's why i didnt draw gnd connection in schematic.Not to
    confuse somebody who might decide to draw pcb according my schematic...Later should
    scratch or cut that piece of pcb to correct mistake...
    GND connection at RX should be made in coil.
    Pay attention on cable lead which connect coil via R13 to pin 6 of U101a!That lead must
    be connected to gnd in coil!
    I am using cable with 3 separate leads and common shield. Shield and 1 lead are connected to
    faraday cage at both coils...all togather in coil housing. The other 2 leads i am using for
    TX and RX....Simple as that. No twisted pair effect,no hums,interferences...no false signals!
    I experimented with any other combination and this one is best.
    Nelson, no you can not use only 3 lead cable....Shield and 3 leads yes! It makes 4 leads at
    the end.
    LM308 is hard to replace...beleive me! Only replacement i would use is TL081a...
    About Bipolars....i never used those. I connect 2 ordinary 10uF cpacitors like this;
    + -- + and used those instead...
    No, Nelson...if you using TLxx1 no need to reroute pcb; pin to pin compatible...
    About NE5532...i am not sure...why dont you try NE5534? I never tried it...
    OK. Again there is (i hope) very correct schematic...at the end. Take another look.
    If something wrong let me know...
    Anybody migh have good will to draw pcb for it? One-sided,small...C'mon....

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    No ideas..

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    ???

    Hello,
    Ivconic~!
    Are you shore that I can change LM308N with TL081?And will this afect the preformance?
    Also I cant find LF353 any Ideas?
    Did you use 10 mF TANT or you used normal electrolithic?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ???


    Took another look at it, and...YES! KT315 is right! I traced pcb again.
    Yes KT315 you are right! How i missed that!!!??? I have few different
    schematics here....I payed attention on wrong one...Shhheeeeeesh!!!
    Bravo KT315 and thank you!
    But about loading resistor you mentioned...? I am not sure? Yes i can agree
    with you, there must be loading resistor...but it is not there? And device is
    working excellent!?
    I corrected schematic and here is now; i really hope complete and accurate!
    Porkluvr....Yes double O coil showed best results so far...but i gave up of those!
    Why? I am gonna explain why; not so suitable on terrains i've been visitng lately.
    There are a lot of bush arround,tree roots all over arround, high density opsticles
    and OO coil is not just suitable enough to approach to every spot;under some tree or
    between some stones...when coinshooting. I do that mainly...coinshooting.
    So i made hard compromise and switched back to DD (double D) coils, again...
    Double D shape is much more suitable for that kind of prospecting than double O.
    But if you prefer leveled terrains than i suggest you to make OO coil cose a bit
    greather depth than DD coil.That was my only reason to leave OO coils for now...
    No i didnt say "...no gnd connection on RX..." !? Yes there is gnd connection on RX!
    Must be! But not at pcb. That's why i didnt draw gnd connection in schematic.Not to
    confuse somebody who might decide to draw pcb according my schematic...Later should
    scratch or cut that piece of pcb to correct mistake...
    GND connection at RX should be made in coil.
    Pay attention on cable lead which connect coil via R13 to pin 6 of U101a!That lead must
    be connected to gnd in coil!
    I am using cable with 3 separate leads and common shield. Shield and 1 lead are connected to
    faraday cage at both coils...all togather in coil housing. The other 2 leads i am using for
    TX and RX....Simple as that. No twisted pair effect,no hums,interferences...no false signals!
    I experimented with any other combination and this one is best.
    Nelson, no you can not use only 3 lead cable....Shield and 3 leads yes! It makes 4 leads at
    the end.
    LM308 is hard to replace...beleive me! Only replacement i would use is TL081a...
    About Bipolars....i never used those. I connect 2 ordinary 10uF cpacitors like this;
    + -- + and used those instead...
    No, Nelson...if you using TLxx1 no need to reroute pcb; pin to pin compatible...
    About NE5532...i am not sure...why dont you try NE5534? I never tried it...
    OK. Again there is (i hope) very correct schematic...at the end. Take another look.
    If something wrong let me know...
    Anybody migh have good will to draw pcb for it? One-sided,small...C'mon....
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Previus post

    Hi Ivcoic, again i was reading other electronics post that talks about LM308 replacements. One, the TL071 seems to be correct, but don´t know if i have to rerouted on the PCB.
    There is another replacement that needs to by rerouted.
    Please teke a look to the following posts.

    Are you modifying a stock pedal or is this a DIY build? If it is a stock pedal you should just go back to the LM308 or use an LM071 with the compensation cap removed, you can't really do any rerouting with the PCB.

    Otherwise, the LM308 pins are as follows:

    1- Compensation
    2- IN -
    3- IN +
    4- V- (GND)
    5- NC (No connect)
    6- OUT
    7- V+
    8- Compensation

    The NE5532P is:
    1- OUT1
    2- IN1-
    3- IN1+
    4- V-
    5- IN2+
    6- IN2-
    7- OUT2
    8- V+

    Basically, if you were going to reroute things, you'd have to use only one half of the NE5532P, and map pins as follows, LM308 to NE5532P:
    6 - 1
    2 - 2
    3 - 3
    4 - 4
    7 - 8

    And remove the cap connecting pins 1 and 8. Not an easy job. You'd really have to design it to use that OA.


    Yes the pins would be different for a 5532 dual and a 308. I used 741 and it sounded pretty good which ignored the compensation caps.

    You can"t use any of those 3 Opamps in place of the LM308...You need a Single Opamp not a Dual opamp and all of the Opamps you have bought are Dual opamps...A good replacement might be a OPA134 (You bought a OPA2134 which is a Dual opamp) and the LM833 which you bought is a 1.5w dual Power Amp IC which isn"t suitable either and the RC4558 is also a Dual opamp.....

    Look for a OPA134 or a TL071 or a NE5534 , These are all Single opamps and there are Literally Hunderds of different types that could also work but also thousands of others that won"t work....

    You should spend some time reading the Datasheet specs of these Opamps so you know what to look for when you need to replace them.....


    Cheers

    This post can be found on


    My english is not so good, but has i understood, TL071 will fit my needs.
    Thanks and best regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi ivconic, today a got almost all components for golden sabre.
    Only need to get 4.7 uF caps and LM308N.
    Do you know if there are any replacement for LM308N.

    About the coil, i´m thinking on using audio cable with shielding on it (3 cables). What do you think, is this correct?
    In advance many thanks
    Regards
    Nelson

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Parts replacement and coil construction

    Hi ivconic, today a got almost all components for golden sabre.
    Only need to get 4.7 uF caps and LM308N.
    Do you know if there are any replacement for LM308N.

    About the coil, i´m thinking on using audio cable with shielding on it (3 cables). What do you think, is this correct?
    In advance many thanks
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Here some photos...

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Hello Qiaozhi-

    I'm already here so let me resond. If CD4066 were used to gate the signal to x and r channels a pull-up to +5V would be required. Instead, these JFETs will turn on with zero volts on the gates, and use an "active low" to turn off. I think it's kind of neat how that works out! The FETs are actually pulled up from -5V, to 0V.
    Thanks. After I posted the reply I noticed that all the other Golden Sabre schematics (except one) were also tied to 0V.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    FET pull-ups

    Hello Qiaozhi-

    I'm already here so let me resond. If CD4066 were used to gate the signal to x and r channels a pull-up to +5V would be required. Instead, these JFETs will turn on with zero volts on the gates, and use an "active low" to turn off. I think it's kind of neat how that works out! The FETs are actually pulled up from -5V, to 0V.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X