Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nandor
    replied
    The Ic's are soldered, but I can try disconnecting the Rx cables and test the noise level, will do it soon. I would like to make small improvements if possible, I had many great finds with this detector and I see room for more. Noise is the limiting factor as Davor says, very interesting for me that at night time the detector has better range. Will try to find a noisless place at home to see the true sensibility of my new pcb. It runs from 5 volts+/- and has 33cm on a Euro coin with 10Vpp at the oscillator. Daytime same spot in room the detection range is 29-30cm only.
    More work is needed to eliminate the noise, maybe it could reach more depth.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandor View Post
    At the output of the TL081 I have 8mV-12mV constant voltage, if it goes wild from noises it rises up to 120mV. The noise level is quite high here, I think that power cables and power supplies are the main sources.
    Couple things I would try. Remove LM358(U103) if not soldered in or disconnect Rx and jumper Rx input. Check for noise and output offset with a DVM at U104 and U105. I know zero about the circuit but I'm wondering why a TL081 wouldn't be better for U103.

    Duh, TL081 is single not dual.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    At the output of the TL081 I have 8mV-12mV constant voltage, if it goes wild from noises it rises up to 120mV. The noise level is quite high here, I think that power cables and power supplies are the main sources.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandor View Post
    I tried to measure the output of this filter but it's very noisy and I cant relocate my scope.
    You tried with a DVM? I would have thought a DVM would have averaged the noise, maybe not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    My bad! I confused it with the first stage, it really has 7,23Hz. It's a high Q bandpass filter. On some of my pcb's I use 2 diodes in opposite directions as Compadre does, it cuts off the gain at higher voltages so the close range targets dont overdrive the filter, it's really fast this way.
    Anyway 7.23Hz should be no problem for this opamp, it has 600khz bandwidth and in this filter it has only 22X gain. TL071 performs much better here.
    I tried to measure the output of this filter but it's very noisy and I cant relocate my scope.
    This opamp is used in guitar effects and I have read that it's not as good as LM308.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    Sorry, I referenced the TGSL EDU schematic.

    Post #20's schematic does have Ref designators but circuits very much the same.
    Thanks, just trying to learn something. Wondering why the OP07 is weak. I get 7.2Hz instead of 11Hz, wondering if I'm calculating wrong. Like Nandor replied, BW probably not the reason. Offset volts is low, maybe offset current. With 1meg feedback, offset volts could be +-4mV. Don't know if 4mV could cause the problem. Maybe Nandor could measure output offset as is and with 1meg feedback jumpered. Any other thoughts why OP07 could be weak?

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    What reply is the schematic on? Reply #20 doesn't appear to be the one your using.
    Sorry, I referenced the TGSL EDU schematic.

    Post #20's schematic does have Ref designators but circuits very much the same.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    What reply is the schematic on? Reply #20 doesn't appear to be the one your using.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandor View Post
    I think slew rate and band with at 11Hz is not so important. But as you said input bias current is higher and the voltage is lower, didn't even see that.
    The LM308 is very expensive here, I prefer to use the TL071, good price and less chatters at max sense.
    I use the TL081 for U104 & U105. The TL071 will work as well. I tried TL061,71 & 81. They all work but the TL081 is slightly better.
    The LM308 is too expensive and hard to get even here in the USA.

    Originally posted by green View Post
    Why 11Hz?
    Originally posted by Nandor View Post
    The center frequency of the bandpass filter.
    Yes, the first differential stage (U103) acts as a Band pass filter at 11Hz.

    The second differential stage, U104 &105, do need more bandwidth to respond to rising/falling outputs from U103.
    Also U104 & 105 must have very low output offsets and high impedance inputs (TL0x1 have FET inputs).

    Note: The 'sensitivity' adjustment Voltage into the LM393 comparators may need to go slightly negative if the TL0x1 outputs have a slightly negative offset. Measure these with a DVM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    The center frequency of the bandpass filter.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandor View Post
    I think slew rate and band with at 11Hz is not so important. But as you said input bias current is higher and the voltage is lower, didn't even see that.
    The LM308 is very expensive here, I prefer to use the TL071, good price and less chatters at max sense.
    Why 11Hz?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    I think slew rate and band with at 11Hz is not so important. But as you said input bias current is higher and the voltage is lower, didn't even see that.
    The LM308 is very expensive here, I prefer to use the TL071, good price and less chatters at max sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • SWL
    replied
    Uppss!! Sorry!
    Why do we need these experiments --- it's easier to order 308 in the online store

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by SWL View Post
    Зачем нужны эти эксперименты --- проще 308 заказать в интернет-магазине
    Please make your posts in English.
    Basic Rules of the Forums

    Leave a comment:


  • SWL
    replied
    Зачем нужны эти эксперименты --- проще 308 заказать в интернет-магазине

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X