Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • georgi.g.zhelev
    replied
    DD27.5sm

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    What is the distance between the lugs on the coil shell where the stem is attached?
    Hi, distance is 20mm(standart).weight 160gr. Please, PM for more questions.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by georgi.g.zhelev View Post
    Hi all
    Anyone searching for a casing(corpus) diam. 27.5sm for MD?

    Sorry for bad English !
    What is the distance between the lugs on the coil shell where the stem is attached?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by georgi.g.zhelev View Post
    Hi all
    Anyone searching for a casing(corpus) diam. 27.5sm for MD?

    Sorry for bad English !
    Yes , I'm searching and I'm interested , how many do you have ?

    It would make me happy


    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by lunamay View Post
    hi to all
    i'm thinking about special mod for tgsl. Something like audio mod for white's. i did'n made enought mesurements but i think that something like that, a multitone id could be used in tgsl modification, maybe using timer ne555 what do You think??

    best regards
    It's a neat idea. But I think you need a way to measure phase rather than use the discriminator.

    I'm still trying to make a really solid, deep TGSL first. I'm also playing with the idea of using a microcontroller to replace as many parts as possible on the TGSL, but that is a long work in progress.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    hi to all
    i'm thinking about special mod for tgsl. Something like audio mod for white's. i did'n made enought mesurements but i think that something like that, a multitone id could be used in tgsl modification, maybe using timer ne555 what do You think??

    best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • georgi.g.zhelev
    replied
    DD27,5sm

    DD27.5sm........ABS.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • georgi.g.zhelev
    replied
    DD27.5 sm

    Hi all
    Anyone searching for a casing(corpus) diam. 27.5sm for MD?

    Sorry for bad English !

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hallo Danny,

    Think you have not a good receive signal, tray to adjust it with the 'receive cap' .

    Make a 'Receive Cap' test circuit and see how the receive signal changes...
    Hi Ap ,

    I will try this soon and let you know , still so many things to try

    Fryslân Boppe ( I think there is no online-translator who can translate this )


    kind regards

    Danny

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis the Mennis View Post
    Hi Simon ,

    This the output of the LF353 pin 1 that drives the sync pulse .
    Although there is some distortion it seems to dissapear in the next stage.

    [ATTACH]14722[/ATTACH]

    The next 2 images are the outputs of the LM393 ...



    [ATTACH]14723[/ATTACH]



    [ATTACH]14724[/ATTACH]

    And yes , I did build the complete TGS with notch and batterycheck : When I was reading all the posts at that moment the TGS had proven itself ... I thought .

    I saw the TGSL pcb's offered by Silverdog , maybe my next project.

    Whenever you need some more images for comparison let me know.

    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis
    Ok, the TGS version explains why your TX signal is less distorted (assuming you have the JFet in the oscillator circuit) than the TGSL versions.

    Also bear in mind that the TGS version that you built does not have as high voltage for the TX signal (because of the JFet stabilizer), and therefore probably will not have as much depth as the TGSL versions. So that may explain some air depth limitations you observe, although you have achieved some pretty good numbers.

    It also explains why your LF353 pin 1 looks more clean than most TGSL versions -- you only have one little spike instead of lots of spikes. The lower TX signal does not overdrive the LF353 to cause ringing.

    I think ApBerg perhaps assumes your graph is the RX signal rather than the sync pulse driver signal, and is suggesting some tuning of the RX caps -- which is not a bad idea in general to try, although you may have already done that.

    Yes, it's a good time to start another project! You can learn a lot when you have several boards and several coils to compare. We'll look forward to your results.

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Hallo Danny,

    Think you have not a good receive signal, tray to adjust it with the 'receive cap' .

    Make a 'Receive Cap' test circuit and see how the receive signal changes...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Quite excellent DtM! Nice way to show your new scope.

    I'm interested also in the LF353 output that drives the sync pulse, what does it look like?

    I get those little spikes on the RX signal also. I suspect it is caused by the negative power rail circuitry, but not sure.

    Your TX signal looks more sinusoidal than mine. Do you have the JFet in the oscillator or not?

    You mentioned Notch -- did you build the full TGS circuit with the notch and battery check and everything?

    I think next you should start using the discriminator mode -- that's where the fun begins!

    Regards,

    -SB
    Hi Simon ,

    This the output of the LF353 pin 1 that drives the sync pulse .
    Although there is some distortion it seems to dissapear in the next stage.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Output LF353 pin1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	327422

    The next 2 images are the outputs of the LM393 ...



    Click image for larger version

Name:	Output LM393 pin 1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	327423



    Click image for larger version

Name:	Output LM393 pin 7.gif
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	327424

    And yes , I did build the complete TGS with notch and batterycheck : When I was reading all the posts at that moment the TGS had proven itself ... I thought .

    I saw the TGSL pcb's offered by Silverdog , maybe my next project.

    Whenever you need some more images for comparison let me know.

    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Well, I made some assumptions when I said that Jack was the owner, but Tesoro is owned by the Gifford family.

    Here is the history of the company:
    http://www.tesoro.com/info/about/
    I like their philosophy of no frills detectors. I think they accomplished that very well.

    Cheers!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Good one. I was too lazy to check. I wonder what other patents he has?

    -SB

    Well, I made some assumptions when I said that Jack was the owner, but Tesoro is owned by the Gifford family.

    Here is the history of the company:

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    No surprise there I guess, if there are similar. Jack Gifford's name (Tesoro company owner) is on the patent.
    Good one. I was too lazy to check. I wonder what other patents he has?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    It's pretty close, although the TGS does not directly compare amplitudes of the two detected channels in a single comparator like that. Rather, it uses two separate comparators, each having a reference threshold, and the two outputs are logically "AND"ed together, creating a detection logic circuit where each channel must detect the target independently for final audible detection. Also, the patent diagram has an "Absolute Value" block in each channel which I'm not sure of the function, but does not exist in the TGS.

    I don't pretend to really understand the details of this patent (or others), the details are hard for me to be really clear on without exhaustive study, and patent writers always try to hedge their ideas to include myriad variations by implication.

    Regards,

    -SB
    No surprise there I guess, if there are similar. Jack Gifford's name (Tesoro company owner) is on the patent.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X