I just remembered something;
had a lot of troubles with audio when earphone jack included in circuitry!???
Dont know why, but when excluded later audio became steady and good, no chatters at all. So... possibly chattering ,weak and undefined audio as well as certain instabillity in behavior can be result of bad earphone jack or something arround it. For testing purposes just desolder it from setup and wire up just speaker....
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Hi Ultimate_Haze:Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
Good tip.
I will try it ASAP.What is the status of your device?
Cheteer arent good!This way you miss deep or small value targets.Best md is rockstable.
Good luck.
I do things that are not recommended. I am trying to hand-wire my PCB instead of real PCB. Very hard, very slow, probably won't give good results, but I'll learn about it. I have just started wiring. I bought expensive Hakko 936 soldering iron, but my old cheap 30W iron I think is easier
! Many difficulties, but I'll report whatever happens.
Also experimenting with crazy ways to make coil...
Cheers
,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
LM308 can be succesfully replaced with TL081. I did that at several handmades and performances remained excellent.Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post

.......
Could TLC2262 be used on LM308 place?Any better replacements for 393 and 358?
LM358....? Why replacing it?
Leave a comment:
-


So there are few possible reasons left.It will be ready soon with your help.
Then I will post pictures.New PCB is coming so I will solder step buy step this time and test all the time.First voltages then TX and so on ........
If we don't find reason for problems before this.
Next will be killer!And later SMT.It must be easier and cleaner way to do it.Plus better S/N ratio.And even oscillator change.Now audio is good.
Could TLC2262 be used on LM308 place?Any better replacements for 393 and 358?
Leave a comment:
-
no,mr ivconic,i'm new to forum,but i have close to finish tgsl,that startsOriginally posted by ivconic View PostStabilisation relative to ground. Especially efficient in longer traces case. Not obligatory, but good to have it too. If it bugs you - remove it!
....
Say... have you another nick here?
instantly on first conection,
,i love your clean design!!!!!.
excuse please my tarzan-like english.
THE BEST FOR YOU.
Leave a comment:
-
Of course. I reffered my post to chatters and getting TGSL "hot", but not to depths!Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View PostOk,
I will stop spam thread for now.
See you when I made more tests.
I can tell you that most of the coils were rejecting ferrite rod after fast adjustment,silver accepted good!.To tell you the truth I never turned this GB trimmer.It just sit in middle position.Remember that you told me that this couldn't affect air depth test.Or I misunderstand something?
Tks
Leave a comment:
-
Ok,
I will stop spam thread for now.
See you when I made more tests.
I can tell you that most of the coils were rejecting ferrite rod after fast adjustment,silver accepted good!.To tell you the truth I never turned this GB trimmer.It just sit in middle position.Remember that you told me that this couldn't affect air depth test.Or I misunderstand something?
Tks
Leave a comment:
-
Hey! Dont do all that at the same time!!!?Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View PostNow its look like everything is like it should be.
This iron detection were bugging me.
So I should try to fine tune my best coil so far.I should monitor only rx signal with oscilloscope and look for smallest reading possible.Right?/rx not conected to PCB in this procedure/.
But this way I wont be able to monitor TX/RX faze shift.
I were using ch1 2n2907 collector and ch2 353 pin7 and multimeter in same time conected to 353 pin7 so I can look for smallest reading in same time.
But with this way RX is conected to PCB.
What is your advice?
Thanks


Depends of your measuring instruments characteristics; but you may get some parasitic effects there, connecting all possible instruments to same pins!
Yes do connect both coils to pcb and use scope - scope LF353 output.
Or...use my method and disconnect RX from pcb and connect it to accurate milivoltmeter....(this only in TGSL case - not general rule)
Any measurement and scope at the time. Not all togather!
Leave a comment:
-
At this specific case i do not agree. That's why we do have here GEB preset, if you want to run it "hot" than lose GEB a bit. But to have that handy - GEB trimmer must be replaced with multiturns pot, like it is case at Eldorado.Originally posted by simonbaker View PostUltimate_Haze, Ivconic: I think it would be best if max sensitivity always gives chatters even with good coil, then we can run it hot or pick amount of quiet.
If no chatter on max sensitivity, I suggest experiment - put temporary jumper across R37 (1K resistor from sensitivity pot to ground), shorting it out. Then max sensitivity should give chatter for sure, and you can test maximum depth knowing threshold is not part of the problem.
Regards,
-SB
Same thing is at my Musketeer. When GEB is on Auto i get no chatters at all with max Sense. But if i want to run it "hot" than i manually adjust GEB.
So... what you are saying is maybe a case at some other model or brand, but it should not be case with TGSL.
So...how to know when coil is good (to U.Haze)?
Sense at maximum, All Metal mode, adjust with GEB to reject ferrite rod (5-7cm long and standard from some am/fm radio) and JUST to produce rare "cracks" on it. It must reject ferrite rod and accept thin silver coin at the same time. It is critical position at GEB trimmer. Than you should not hear any chatters at all. Also you may check air "depths". Usually 1 e coin at 30-32cm in air.
This is pretty accurate method to check if coil was balanced well or not.
If you hear no chatters and you are satisfied with air "depths" than you may lose GEB a bit to produce more often cracks on ferrite rod. Or you dont need - as suits you.
Leave a comment:
-

Good tip.
I will try it ASAP.What is the status of your device?
Cheteer arent good!This way you miss deep or small value targets.Best md is rockstable.
Good luck.
Leave a comment:
-
Ultimate_Haze, Ivconic: I think it would be best if max sensitivity always gives chatters even with good coil, then we can run it hot or pick amount of quiet.Originally posted by ivconic View PostChatters can appear due bad coil also. Actually....in 99% of cases chatters DO appear due bad coil (at all pcb versions, i know that cose i made all versions so far).
If no chatter on max sensitivity, I suggest experiment - put temporary jumper across R37 (1K resistor from sensitivity pot to ground), shorting it out. Then max sensitivity should give chatter for sure, and you can test maximum depth knowing threshold is not part of the problem.
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by simonbaker View PostHi Ultimate_Haze: I am trying to make same pcb so interested.
Can you answer this question: when you take detector outside and set sensitivity pot to most sensitivity, do you hear any noise chatter, or is it totally quiet?
Regards,
-SB
Still its not good enough for outdoor tests.But I can tell you that I can use sens. at max and no cheeters at all.This is indoor without shield on PCB.So I excpect that it will be even better later whent I mount in shielded box.Only this low maximum target detection.The best I can get is 24cm.For large 3.5cm coin I can get 30cm but this isnt 32 for 1E.
Wanna try SMT also but first have to make this one work like it should.
Leave a comment:
-
Stabilisation relative to ground. Especially efficient in longer traces case. Not obligatory, but good to have it too. If it bugs you - remove it!Originally posted by DEMAC View Post
mr ivconic
there is a diference in between tgsl schema and pcb.
a 1n4148 diode,d13 as per sb schema,from anode of all the diodes around 4024 to gnd.
can you explain the function of that?
thanks so much(i am newbie).
best regards
....
Say... have you another nick here?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: