Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Hi Ivconic - I hope you don't mind my nit-picky questions - trying to help people like me less experienced making PCBs. I am fixing some labeling problems in schematic and will post back up as I offered. Just a few questions:

    About the "gsabrelight.sch" file in the exprsch.zip file:

    1. Is the second D5 that goes to ground necessary? (I think Eclipse asked about it before.)

    2. The transistor/jfet pin numbers are different from TO-92 package in the ExpressPCB component set. What package design do you base your pin numbers on?

    (Pin numbers are important if you link your ExpressSCH file to your ExpressPCB file.)

    Thanks,

    -SB

    1. No it is not. Just a curiosity...and no harm from it. It is "smoothing" a bit those 3 transients. Hard to spot any difference without scope.
    2. Ha,ha,ha...Sorry...i do not pay attention on tr.pin numbers while drawing schematic. I am very sloppy. Already told here those supposed to be my internal documents...in the past i was not planned to share and publish those anywere. Just a "working" documents...to have something to look in, while soldering components...sort of reminder. Also pcb part of Express software is not what i am using....so i dont mind.. In future i will pay attention on that.

    Reason for being sloppy lays in fact that i like to experiment. For example: sometimes i will use 2N2907 and sometimes BC557 or simillar. Sometimes i will use J107 and sometimes BF245c...so i dont really mind on pin orientation at transistors..... that is the main reason...

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Values...
    Hi Ivconic:

    Thanks again for labeling the PCB layout. But is there a labeled ".lay" file, or did you label the image only? If ".lay" file, would you upload it?

    Many thanks,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Hi Ivconic - I hope you don't mind my nit-picky questions - trying to help people like me less experienced making PCBs. I am fixing some labeling problems in schematic and will post back up as I offered. Just a few questions:

    About the "gsabrelight.sch" file in the exprsch.zip file:

    1. Is the second D5 that goes to ground necessary? (I think Eclipse asked about it before.)

    2. The transistor/jfet pin numbers are different from TO-92 package in the ExpressPCB component set. What package design do you base your pin numbers on?

    (Pin numbers are important if you link your ExpressSCH file to your ExpressPCB file.)

    Thanks,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yeah sure, these are some of schematics..
    Thanks ivconic, much appreciated.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    I now that its amateur so please dont laught.
    Next will be much better.
    All that matters to me is if it works good and sturdy. Good job getting it done. Tell us air tests as soon as you can.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Ok - if you can post the ".sch" file, would be very useful. We can relabel duplicate names for you if you want -- or you can and post.

    I am using ExpressSCH and ExpressPCB both. ExpressSCH has nice "validation" function that finds many mistakes. ExpressPCB can "link" to ExpressSCH to relate parts from schematic to board -- but it does not have validation (they should add it, very important and useful - maybe if we all yell at them they will get off butts). It took me many hours to redraw some TGSL schematics, so I have some, but would be good to get yours too.

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Yeah sure, these are some of schematics..
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    I now that its amateur so please dont laught.
    Next will be much better.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    ExpressSCH file

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ExpressSch (part of ExpressPCB) for fast schematics and Sprint Layout 4.0 for pcb's...
    Ok - if you can post the ".sch" file, would be very useful. We can relabel duplicate names for you if you want -- or you can and post.

    I am using ExpressSCH and ExpressPCB both. ExpressSCH has nice "validation" function that finds many mistakes. ExpressPCB can "link" to ExpressSCH to relate parts from schematic to board -- but it does not have validation (they should add it, very important and useful - maybe if we all yell at them they will get off butts). It took me many hours to redraw some TGSL schematics, so I have some, but would be good to get yours too.

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    All.
    Finaly I have found the source of my problemes with TGSL1265.
    It were my mistake that were hard to find.And with the previus device problem were similar.
    Now I have to wind some coils.
    I have made some pictures of the PCB I will post them tommorw.
    And also the finished device.
    p.s.I use the first TGSL 1265 version without audio thuning.Cant wait to test last one.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ExpressSch (part of ExpressPCB) for fast schematics and Sprint Layout 4.0 for pcb's...

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    You are welcome to do that! Thanks in advance!
    Ivconic: what software do you use to draw schematics?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    You are welcome to do that! Thanks in advance!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes...i am usually using ExpressPCB (schematic part) for drawing fast schematics. Initially this schematic was made long time ago as first TGSL. Version by version i just deleted some components and add another ones. Pretty oftenly i forgot to relabel some new components. ExpressPCB schematic editor is descent editor yet not that "smart" to automatically redesignate new part. Also i am i to lazy to pay attention on that. Those schematics and most of pcb draws are mostly for my personal use, so i dont mind pretty much on designators and labels. I am not used to be that neat when comes to final documentation. Usually i never finish completelly those documents.... story of my life, always in hurry somewhere...
    But so as i see; you are fully awared what is right and what need to be corrected, so not a big deal after all.
    Point is that device is checked and accurate, so you can start making it with no second thoughts at all.
    Regards!
    Yes, we appreciate the real work you do and the results.

    We newcomers can help by working on documentation, hopefully useful for everyone.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Yes...i am usually using ExpressPCB (schematic part) for drawing fast schematics. Initially this schematic was made long time ago as first TGSL. Version by version i just deleted some components and add another ones. Pretty oftenly i forgot to relabel some new components. ExpressPCB schematic editor is descent editor yet not that "smart" to automatically redesignate new part. Also i am i to lazy to pay attention on that. Those schematics and most of pcb draws are mostly for my personal use, so i dont mind pretty much on designators and labels. I am not used to be that neat when comes to final documentation. Usually i never finish completelly those documents.... story of my life, always in hurry somewhere...
    But so as i see; you are fully awared what is right and what need to be corrected, so not a big deal after all.
    Point is that device is checked and accurate, so you can start making it with no second thoughts at all.
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Simon,

    If relabeling also three "R6" around Tx, and two "D5".

    Audio looks interesting can't wait to try out.

    Many thanks Ivconic!

    Molzar

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X