Hi,
Molzar,
Its interesting.Please post some pic.s when you have time.Because buxe wirings cant be seen on posted already.
Your first 2 pic.s are excelent quality.
I am shore that we miss something here.Small but.
Thanks
Friday,
What were your probleme?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Thanks all...
Finally,I built TGSL.It's work.Disciriminate is perfect.
gold ring air 25cm disc mod...
Regards....
Leave a comment:
-
[quote=Molzar;82473]Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
To all!
)))
Here at last for short.
So,
Molzar thanks again for the pic.s.Sory I dont wanna rush you,but I still cant see some vital spots for me.And also when you have time please take a pic. of this coil buxe wirings inside control box.
TGS here/Kurtie100/ and TGSL have 2 cables for TX that goes into PCB.And on this pictures we see 3 cables soldered for TX????
The wiring is vital.I can see total change in behaviour when change wirings!
Hi Tiktak,
Yes "mystery" wire is interesting. Wires from Conn to Pcb
Pin 1 Red = Tx
Pin 2 Black = PCB GND (Mystery wire)
Pin 3 Green = Rx (side that is connect to sheild in coil head)
Pin 4 White = Rx
Pin 5 yellow = PCB GND, also conn to chassis and sheild in coil head
Connector for Tesoro 8" concentric coil has no connection for Pin 2 (Black mystery wire). I guess only conected (pin 2) in Tesoro DD coil. Is gnd connect for RX center tap?. May be Ivconic can say us becayse he had "Tesoro Eldorodo on the bench" couple weeks ago with Tesoro DD coil.
Let me know what you want to know , I take picture or like this just spell out for you.
Molzar
Leave a comment:
-
[quote=tiktak;82255]Hi,
To all!
)))
Here at last for short.
So,
Molzar thanks again for the pic.s.Sory I dont wanna rush you,but I still cant see some vital spots for me.And also when you have time please take a pic. of this coil buxe wirings inside control box.
TGS here/Kurtie100/ and TGSL have 2 cables for TX that goes into PCB.And on this pictures we see 3 cables soldered for TX????
The wiring is vital.I can see total change in behaviour when change wirings!
Hi Tiktak,
Yes "mystery" wire is interesting. Wires from Conn to Pcb
Pin 1 Red = Tx
Pin 2 Yellow = PCB GND (Mystery wire)
Pin 3 Green = Rx (side that is connect to sheild in coil head)
Pin 4 White = Rx
Pin 5 Black = PCB GND, also conn to chassis and sheild in coil head
Connector for Tesoro 8" concentric coil has no connection for Pin 2 (Yellow mystery wire). I guess only conected (pin 2) in Tesoro DD coil. Is gnd connect for RX center tap?. May be Ivconic can say us becayse he had "Tesoro Eldorodo on the bench" couple weeks ago with Tesoro DD coil.
Let me know what you want to know , I take picture or like this just spell out for you.
Molzar
Leave a comment:
-
Eclipse PCB questions
Hi Eclipse!
I am still trying to choose pcb for TGSL - without 555 for now, and with room for bigger parts. I would like to add extra power supply capacitor after LM7808 like on original TGS of Molzar, but no PCB has it yet I think.
Anyway, your PCB is closest so far I think, but hard to keep track. But I have a couple of questions:
1. I will not use ground plane -- on your ".lay" file I can clearly see the original ground traces, but when printed they merge with ground plane, cannot see them. Is there a way to make the ground traces print without the ground plane? Can you put them on a separate layer for example? I only have viewer, not full Sprint Layout designer.
2. Are all your chips pin-compatible with parts from Ivconic TGSL pcbs?
I appreciate any help there
.
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you Max...
Ok...I will check all pcb...I am going to remove 555...
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Unregistered View PostDear Friends,
I built TGSL 1265 but it is not work. 22 ohm burned. no sound. no response . no voltage and frequency at TX/RX coils. I used 8 ohm speaker instead. What is it problem?
of 16 ohm speaker.
my coil measurements:
TX: 6mH
RX: 6.5mH OO coils
I checked schematic and pcb design in some spare time: it is error free.
So you probably have some board mistake or component burnt : check the whole stuff; inductance at coils is good, have you matched resistance too ?
Remember you need 18-24 ohm there... it can work outside the bounds of that range too but the stuff become tricky, so try to stay close to original coil values.
In coil section of geotech you'll find the measures made by Carl-NC on various tesoro's coils. The DD here must suite that values too.
Also... common errors are due to frequency divider connections/tracks (4024) and voltage converter (you need both positive and negative voltages to make it work). Check oscillator working and presence of negative rail voltage (you need around -6.2V):
- if not works , check transistor and all components/tracks around
- if it works, follow tx signal to 4024, check its output (must be at f/2, so around 7Khz) driving the base of transistors of voltage converter
If transistors bases are driven by 7Khz signal you must check all stuff including diodes directions and electrolitic caps... at converter... then you'll end up discovering potential mistakes there and get the negative rail if you haven't already.
When do that procedure use just essential components: e.g. remove from sockets the op amps from the geb/disc channel to unload the power rails BUT put there in place the 4024 that you need anyway.
If you get the -6.2V there without the op amps try to insert one at a time and check that voltage: if notice a big drop in voltage you probably have a burnt op amp (last you mount) or that require TOO MUCH current: remember that voltage converter is widely inefficient and require so low power drain parts to work cool.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
I'm not as familiar with circuit using 555, Max and Ivconic experienced.Originally posted by Friday View PostYes,I added 555 in it.
Thank you simonbaker...
Let us know any more tests you do.
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View PostAlso,
Can we put some quartz 14,6 kHz there insteed of those caps?
Where are everybody!
NEVER been so silent here..........................................?
why not ? You must change oscillator design and use quartz... then match the required output voltage at tx coil.
The result will be probably less chatters in mineralized soil: using colpitts your oscillator has frequency that depends by coil inductance and 2 caps there... when inductance vary (e.g. near a target or above mineralized soil) your tx frequency vary and that variations could trigger some jitter and so make chatters appears.
That's cause moving the coil over mineralized soil is like having sweeps in coil inductance at every sweep of coil.
With fixed frequency that issue is solved and you're virtually free of unshielding tx coil also (but there are static charges considerations to make also). That's the way some fisher do , as I remember, crystal controlled osc and not colpitts or other "tuned" lc oscillators kind.
I think it could be good... but since the source of chatters and falses are much more that just tx frequency shifts it will be not the definitive solution to that: much of quality and stability of MD depends on whole design than just tx oscillator frequency stability.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
If you have no V+ voltage, LM7808 may have been destroyed by now and is open, or you have a short circuit from V+ to ground. If just oscillator not working, that is more complicated.Originally posted by Unregistered View PostDear Friends,
I built TGSL 1265 but it is not work. 22 ohm burned. no sound. no response . no voltage and frequency at TX/RX coils. I used 8 ohm speaker instead. What is it problem?
of 16 ohm speaker.
my coil measurements:
TX: 6mH
RX: 6.5mH OO coils
The Darlington transistor may be destroyed also check that.
Before turning back on, put a 50 ohm resistor in series with battery to protect the LM7808 regulator in case you have a short circuit somewhere after its output.
It is possible an error in your circuit (backwards diodes, shorted trace, etc.) caused the darlington to stay on all the time, which burned the 22 ohm resistor and maybe the darlington also.
You'll need to proceed carefully by testing voltages. Make sure you can disconnect your battery quickly if necessary. First test the output of the LM7808 -- if it is much lower than 8 volts, you must be drawing too much current, maybe a short circuit. A current meter in series with the battery is helpful too, it should not be over 50 mA.
Does you circuit have the 555 chip in it?
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedfjdjsfjsfjfgjabhqb
where are you from?
Register first
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedTGSL 1265
Pardon...
I used 8 ohm speaker instead of 16 ohm speaker...
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: