Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wild_desert
    replied
    Hi to All

    I'm new in this excellent forum ...
    I'm trying to make TGSL-1265 with newer ICs and my own pcb.
    In my country(IRAN) there is no shoping place for search coils.
    I have Litz wire same as AM radio's antenna bobbin.
    I want to make an 8" DD search coil for TGSL but i can't find a last/best design.
    I need yours experiences ...
    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    *I am using 1/8W resistors always.
    *Capacitors ... polypropyllene (is it right spelled?), except those picofarads, those are ceramic at my devices...
    *Tantallum? I don't think so! But you can try...
    *Substitutions...hmmm! Good question! I was thinking to experiment with some substitutions for comparators. Not done yet.
    Other op-amps...already tested TL081 instead LM308 - works excellent!
    (in case of TL081, omit 100pf compensation).
    *Matched values...hard to say what should be matched and what is not important there!? For sure is better to match those two transistors in chopper stage - negative voltage generator.
    Main "matching" should be to match handmade coil with the device.Other things...hmmm! I dont know what to say?

    What is the story with "gift pack"? I dont understand that? Whole this thread is valueable gift pack anyway.
    This TGS/TGSL thing went to different directions. You cant pull out one proper setup only, from here. Any setup you possibly choose would be the right one if done properly.

    Regards!
    Thanks! That helps not waste money.

    R48, R49, R50, R51 - remove from circuit, they don't do anything?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Amtech 2005 i agree with you.
    "1265" pcb version turned to be very good indeed.
    Let's not forget that main tribute should go to guys from Tesoro e.e. team.
    Actually they designed that device, not me.
    I am just small pirate, copying and modding already existing projects.
    Using this ocassion i am also tributing them for this splendid design.
    Regards!


    P.S.
    If we want to stay up to date, we must examine newer Tesoro coils. For example Vaquero coils. Quite different design and quite different rules applied there! I am working on it already...

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    IVCONIC , Tesoro Golden Sabre Light -1265 , is the "BEST" project on "Geotech Forum" Right Now !!!!!! A couple of people did not believe me , so I made them a Gift-pack in a "zip-file" to e-mail them over and over and over again. I did the zip-file "Gift Pack" so everything's in one folder , also as humor for the Disgruntled Forum Member's who think TGSL-1265 light is no good So , I am 100% percent correct that the TGSL-1265 lite has the best TX oscillator circuit !!!! It does not force signal into the ground , so there are "Less false signals" especially on mineralized soil !!!! The signal sink's gently into the Ground..........Oh and my Gift pack is not done yet........Again , this is the best Project on Geotech Now !!!!!........Take care everyone..........Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    It would be very good to make a parts list for TGS project with some more info for each part because less experienced people don't know voltage ranges at various points or currents.

    In particular -

    Resistors - minimum wattage.
    - range (when not critical, what substitutions OK)

    Capacitors - types allowed (tantalum, ceramic, electrolytic, etc.)
    - range (when not critical, what substitutions OK)

    It would be nice to use tantalum wherever possible for small size, but you need to know voltage range in the circuit since they are polarized I think. Especially the .22 ufd capacitors and .47 ufd and .1 ufd.

    Semiconductors - any substitutions
    - is CMOS version ok (such as 555).

    Matched values - when it is important that any parts should be matched as closely as possible, such as matched resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc.

    I hope to find out much by experimenting, but many people here have very valuable information.

    Maybe could be added to "gift pack".

    *I am using 1/8W resistors always.
    *Capacitors ... polypropyllene (is it right spelled?), except those picofarads, those are ceramic at my devices...
    *Tantallum? I don't think so! But you can try...
    *Substitutions...hmmm! Good question! I was thinking to experiment with some substitutions for comparators. Not done yet.
    Other op-amps...already tested TL081 instead LM308 - works excellent!
    (in case of TL081, omit 100pf compensation).
    *Matched values...hard to say what should be matched and what is not important there!? For sure is better to match those two transistors in chopper stage - negative voltage generator.
    Main "matching" should be to match handmade coil with the device.Other things...hmmm! I dont know what to say?

    What is the story with "gift pack"? I dont understand that? Whole this thread is valueable gift pack anyway.
    This TGS/TGSL thing went to different directions. You cant pull out one proper setup only, from here. Any setup you possibly choose would be the right one if done properly.

    Regards!




    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by putrechigi View Post
    http://www.joanallen.co.uk/a_detech_...ectors_uk.html


    hi ivconic compliments for the work maybe I'm not help but I wanted you to see these plates that in italy go very well and increase the supply of 10% you think will work on tgsl?

    best reguards

    WOW! Very nice coils!
    I presume those are very "deep"!?
    Very nice design!
    Congratulations to manufacturer!
    I dont need larger coil for TGSL, but for sure i will need it for Sovereign GT!!!
    Thanks a lot for link!
    Best regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Capacitors

    It would be very good to make a parts list for TGS project with some more info for each part because less experienced people don't know voltage ranges at various points or currents.

    In particular -

    Resistors - minimum wattage.
    - range (when not critical, what substitutions OK)

    Capacitors - types allowed (tantalum, ceramic, electrolytic, etc.)
    - range (when not critical, what substitutions OK)

    It would be nice to use tantalum wherever possible for small size, but you need to know voltage range in the circuit since they are polarized I think. Especially the .22 ufd capacitors and .47 ufd and .1 ufd.

    Semiconductors - any substitutions
    - is CMOS version ok (such as 555).

    Matched values - when it is important that any parts should be matched as closely as possible, such as matched resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc.

    I hope to find out much by experimenting, but many people here have very valuable information.

    Maybe could be added to "gift pack".

    Leave a comment:


  • putrechigi
    replied
    hi at hall

    Honest, in-depth reviews of the latest metal detectors for UK soil conditions.



    hi ivconic compliments for the work maybe I'm not help but I wanted you to see these plates that in italy go very well and increase the supply of 10% you think will work on tgsl?

    best reguards

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Ok I will try find it.But what is name.Not on brand.On the mass itself.
    For now I am using only epoxy.
    About the issue with instability,I think you are right its near 100kGB trimer.
    I have thinking the same thing also as you.Afther my last shot withTGS yesterday.The device is Extremly stabile if sett right in disc.But it all-m a lot of noises.Its usefull but a lot of noises.So I am thinking somehow the all-m chanel is used for neutralisation of soil mineralizations.This is the famus build in mineral rejection.
    Am I right.This were just toughts but it make sense.So dont cut it so much.Its very light already.Usefull would be if we have led for batt.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    It is same mass used to fill fly back transformers for tv's and similar.
    I am using product from local company. But you can find it in your country for sure also...

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I think you saw it right. DD coil we made so far doesnt have center tap.
    Maybe is time to experiment and make one with center tap.
    Next coil i will make in that manner. I will report results.
    Regards!
    Hi,
    Ivica.
    How are you?
    I have also my moments.But the interesting thing is that TGS and TGSL are working so good with your coil and used so far wiring.But we should stay close to manifacture.Its wired this way for purpuse.

    p.s.I am going on a vacation tomorrow and wont be here for a week but when return I will finish my last TGSL and will post some pictures here.
    What about this mass for filling coils that you have found?Any tip?


    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...And sure the last word isn't wrote about it..."

    You can bet on this! 100% true!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post


    I guess you have right. Usually i dont take air "depths" as reference. Means so less to me. Yet testing on real soil is most important to me. That's why am i so satisfied with gained results. TGSL performs much better on soil than most of other detectors in that class. Perfectly stabille and huge depths.
    But...once got good results doesnt mean i have to stop and been satisfied for good. No...i want more!
    I dont make handamdes just to have detector at the end.
    I am making all those to experiment more and more.
    Must be better more and more.
    At the same time i am hardly trying to keep main idea - design must be as simplest as it could be, lightweight,small pcb and easy to deal with.
    I succeed this long time ago.
    Now i am searching for more better solutions.
    TGS is taken only as starting "console" to improve it more. Why? Simply TGS presented to me as excelllent compromise, considering all the aspects.
    That's why i dont waste time experimenting with other designs,any more.
    Take one good and work on it - my moto!
    Hi,
    yes, agree, it's really a good one!

    Once tuned properly outperform many "new" MDs that have big prices...

    I like expecially the disc feature of it... that's cause it rejects small iron at minimum... a thing I always appreciate... don't need to dig nails!

    Then... is also about simple, effective, lightweight and with low consumption all good things many other MDs lack about.

    It's an excelent MD and the only thing missed is probably the all-metal no-motion mode... for pinpointing stuff. All the rest is already there, and now, with last mods is even better.

    It's a little pearl... that costs really few, considering also the fun of making it.

    And sure the last word isn't wrote about it.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    depends of noise. In TGS you have also notch section and this will add more noise to the circuit. You can easy see that sometimes turning notch control, with notch off...you could actually increase or decrease the chatters...not always.

    In TGSL, there's no notch section, less current also flowing in the circuit and you can gain stability but all as you reported.

    If you turn to max the sens you'll probably get noise, chatters and the like: that's cause of components.

    the amplification is very high and at max sens any fluctuation along the signal path will trigger sound and false signal.

    Using some "special" components help... like , actually, Tesoro did in original detectors: 27M7 is an example, 27M2 is another... etc

    If people use e.g. TL062 at TGS/TGSL sure they'll get troubles and could not rise sens to 5 , in many cases. Simply, some IC must be lower noise... otherwise the chatters become too easy to trigger at sens= 8.5-9.

    So... the only one solution is searching for good components and replace the noisy ones.

    Other stuff could have a role in that... like e.g. residual voltage at coil... shielding etc but you'll see that really when testing on soil.
    Sometimes you can get it silent at max sens on the bench and goes deep on air too... then you go to test garden and discover that couldn't rise sens above 7.
    Then made another coil... and you can rise to 9 on same soil and everything.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    I guess you have right. Usually i dont take air "depths" as reference. Means so less to me. Yet testing on real soil is most important to me. That's why am i so satisfied with gained results. TGSL performs much better on soil than most of other detectors in that class. Perfectly stabille and huge depths.
    But...once got good results doesnt mean i have to stop and been satisfied for good. No...i want more!
    I dont make handamdes just to have detector at the end.
    I am making all those to experiment more and more.
    Must be better more and more.
    At the same time i am hardly trying to keep main idea - design must be as simplest as it could be, lightweight,small pcb and easy to deal with.
    I succeed this long time ago.
    Now i am searching for more better solutions.
    TGS is taken only as starting "console" to improve it more. Why? Simply TGS presented to me as excelllent compromise, considering all the aspects.
    That's why i dont waste time experimenting with other designs,any more.
    Take one good and work on it - my moto!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    One more proof that this is not an issue at all (having chatters and falses when boosted to maximum) is recent testing of Tesoro Vaquero 2 Germany.

    It is splendid detector. I was delited with it. Yet...same as with TGSL, Vaquero also showed huge instabillity and ocassional chatters when Sense was adjusted on more than "7".

    Again, not an issue cose even adjusted to lower than "7" Vaquero is very good on depths...
    Hi,
    depends of noise. In TGS you have also notch section and this will add more noise to the circuit. You can easy see that sometimes turning notch control, with notch off...you could actually increase or decrease the chatters...not always.

    In TGSL, there's no notch section, less current also flowing in the circuit and you can gain stability but all as you reported.

    If you turn to max the sens you'll probably get noise, chatters and the like: that's cause of components.

    the amplification is very high and at max sens any fluctuation along the signal path will trigger sound and false signal.

    Using some "special" components help... like , actually, Tesoro did in original detectors: 27M7 is an example, 27M2 is another... etc

    If people use e.g. TL062 at TGS/TGSL sure they'll get troubles and could not rise sens to 5 , in many cases. Simply, some IC must be lower noise... otherwise the chatters become too easy to trigger at sens= 8.5-9.

    So... the only one solution is searching for good components and replace the noisy ones.

    Other stuff could have a role in that... like e.g. residual voltage at coil... shielding etc but you'll see that really when testing on soil.
    Sometimes you can get it silent at max sens on the bench and goes deep on air too... then you go to test garden and discover that couldn't rise sens above 7.
    Then made another coil... and you can rise to 9 on same soil and everything.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X