Simonbaker, so as i heard Compadre can be modded to work much better.
Open it an make some close photos of its inside.
I heard rumors Compadre is actually sharing same pcb and electronic with some "older brother"...
So ...before you decide to build TGSL first make sure about all the aspects of modding Compadre.
I havent chance to test it and see it so far, except in advertisments..
But...i beleive those rumors are at least half way true.
Regards!
P.S.
Make photos, measure working frequency...
It is possiblle to make much better coil for it and make it hell good, much better than now...
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Ok, I will be patient, excellent!Originally posted by amtech2005 View PostSimonBaker , A few more day's and we will have more information on all the field tests. We already have all the information on the battery supply , Connecting cables , detector case and of course the "final Search coil information" It is just buried in the 'Tesoro Golden Sabre" thread . Do not worry , everything will be put in that "Gift Pack-Zip-File"

... And very soon Member's / Tech's here on Geotech will be posting their PCB circuit board information from vendor's , and also the information on the "home made built" circuit boards for the TGSL-1265 But this all takes time. The "Best Project" is almost completed !!!!...Have you seen Ivconics UTUBE video's


........Eugene
I saw Ivconics video and - wow - I am very eager to build one, I specially want it for the beach where my Compadre is too small and shallow! But I am slow, not so crafty as you all. I'll learn as I go, make mistakes, and enjoy the ride
.
Leave a comment:
-
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
SimonBaker , A few more day's and we will have more information on all the field tests. We already have all the information on the battery supply , Connecting cables , detector case and of course the "final Search coil information" It is just buried in the 'Tesoro Golden Sabre" thread . Do not worry , everything will be put in that "Gift Pack-Zip-File"

... And very soon Member's / Tech's here on Geotech will be posting their PCB circuit board information from vendor's , and also the information on the "home made built" circuit boards for the TGSL-1265 But this all takes time. The "Best Project" is almost completed !!!!...Have you seen Ivconics UTUBE video's


........Eugene
Leave a comment:
-
To be honest; 2.5cm coin is not considered as small, Esteban.
It is considered as large bronze coin. Smalllest i ever found was 4mm old roman coin also from bronze.
So..2.5cm bronze coin is presenting usually very good target in soil, not so hard to detect (depends of soil preferences mostly).
Yet, i agree these results are much better than with many other detecors i tested so far.
For example, right now i have Eagle Spectrum, probably one of the best of all time. It is very "deep". I guess deepest detector i ever had. Yet it is not that good on smaller coins as TGSL. Other hand, TGSL is not very deep on medium and larger items. End of its detections are close to 80cm, so far as i saw. It is not much comparing to Spectrum's 180cm!!!
I suggest man first to distinguish preciselly his field of interest in working with detector, and after that to decide what type of md to use.
TGSL for me presents excellent coinshooter and nothing else. I would never take it with me when go prospecting. I'll rather take Spectrum. Other hand, when go coinshooting i will always take TGSL with me.
Good equiped hobysts must have few different detectors, each one suitable for one segment of metal detecting conditions.
I guess Carl is covering all the possible segments..
Leave a comment:
-
34 cm for small coin is very good! I think is better than original Tesoro from factory!Originally posted by ivconic View PostA friend came to me yesterday to check his new detector CZ7 Pro. I did not intended to shot these clips. Yet after few beers (i am not allowed to drink due recent operation...yet i did it!?) spontaneously we decided to shot clip about TGSL behavior. As you see, all was done pretty "fly"....
TGSL was in Disc mode all the time. Sensitivity was adjusted at "7" (0-10).
Disc pot was at "2" (0-10)...
Audio is loud due "delay" mode i integrated in already made device. I put small "piggy" pcb inside. Coin was 2cm diamm. very thin silver coin.
Actually i swept with it up and down from 41 to 46cm away from coil, so distance is not really important and pretty accurate. I wanted only to show detection over 40cm..hell, it worked even better!
Stabillity is great! Neither one false signal! No chatters...nothing, just clear detection.
Ruller on clip is 50cm long with 1cm blank,extra space from both sides...
Coil is 27cm..
Tested on soil few days ago, but not on this coin (friend brought it yesterday)... 2.5cm old bronze coin cleary detectable at 34cm burried in ground. (Esteban's question)..
So..very nice.
Yet this latest mod, "delay" has some drawbacks; mostly i dont like constant lasting of audio. Man can not distinguish depth and size according to this audio. So i added a simple switch on box, to easilly switch between "delay" mode and "not delay mode". In "not delay mode" TGSL works ordinary with variable lasting and strenght. As coin moved away from coil, audio starts to decay and last shortly, man can easilly distinguish distance and size of detected item.
So operator now can use switch and choose one of 2 working audio modes. Depends of working conditions and demands.
Also VOL. pot. added to adjust loudness, cose now, with latest mod, audio is pretty loud (as on clip)...
Must also say that latest mode "improved" depth!? In "not delay mode" same silver coin detection is bairly audible at 40cm distance, and with "delay mode ON" as you can see and hear on clip, it is very loud and clear up to 46cm!!!
So..this,latest mode is worth of try for sure!
Regards!
True! 
Regards
Esteban
Leave a comment:
-
Applying switch...
Yes i have earphone plug installed, with 150 ohms resistor on it.
Applying switch....see schematic
Max i am glad you like it..
Regards!
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Hi -- another idea that would be good to add to your "gift pack" -- details on the cable connecting the coil to the control box. I think it is not so obvious what is best. It is probably found in these threads, but would be good to include in gift pack.Originally posted by amtech2005 View PostIn the last couple of Day's , Maybe there has been a "Full Moon" outside. Because there have been 2 or 3 "Very Happy People" on this Forum


So I decided to make a WIN-ZIP "Gift Pack" which include's everything you need , to make Our Most Popular Project on the Forum right now , The Tesoro Golden Sabre Lite-1265. Included are a Nice Full Schematic , a PCB .LAY file , Case photo's , and a front and back .Lay files that are already opened for your instant inspection and the latest Audio Mod. , All in one Simple Zip Package of only 309 KB's. The gift that keeps on Giving !!! This Project is the Best on the Forum right Now !!!!!....I will E-Mail / Send this to People , who do not know yet , how good this Metal Detector really is !!!.............I think it's a Great Idea !!!!.....


..........Eugene
Oh, also some discussion of batteries and power requirements for the TGSL!
And now Ivconic has added a switch also for the audio modes -- the baby keeps growing...
Cheers,
SB
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Ivconic,Originally posted by ivconic View Post"..You can search with monostable ON ...then when approaching a target you switch off it and listen to signal strenght!.."
Exactly Max! This was exactly what i imagined at the first place! You understand it excellent!
my friend... today I've made the test... I've made on my TGSL cause I can test with not much pain of disassembling... and cause I save time.
Mounted the monostable on a small perfboard piece and then connected to the TGSL, tested in disc mode.
It works absolutely cool!
Congratulations!
I experienced that I can catch the dang 1eur coin at 15% to 20% more distance in some cases... depending on target size and speed at which I move it.
I suggest anyone here will try it, it's really worth in all such cases where there are "fast" (actually weak) signals from far items... like deep buried small things.
It's the same with all small objects like 1cent coin, 5cents etc
Very nice solution to weak signals...
Of course , no good for pinpointing or for reading intensity... as explained... so I'll must mount the switch when I'll install on the well assembled TGS I've made and use on the field. I'll do... when will find some extra time...
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by simonbaker View PostDo you have a headphone jack installed? If not, how much trouble to use with headphones? Can you just replace the speaker with headphones? Will it save batteries?
you can use headphones... highly recomended: device works even better on headphones... less load on battery and less chatters, if any.
Also you'll save battery and it will last longer, you will not miss "weak" targets with them.
All advantages... only one problem is wire... for connecting them (or use some wireless phones) and that sometimes , some models are not comfortable if not good quality.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Do you have a headphone jack installed? If not, how much trouble to use with headphones? Can you just replace the speaker with headphones? Will it save batteries?Also VOL. pot. added to adjust loudness, cose now, with latest mod, audio is pretty loud (as on clip)...
Leave a comment:
-
Where should be the SW placed, parallel to 1M trimmer?
The idea of volume control is also nice, 470R in series of the speaker will it be good for that job? Also can I ommit the LED in the monostable block, i think flashing diode will annoy me.
Leave a comment:
-
"..You can search with monostable ON ...then when approaching a target you switch off it and listen to signal strenght!.."
Exactly Max! This was exactly what i imagined at the first place! You understand it excellent!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Ivconic,Originally posted by ivconic View PostA friend came to me yesterday to check his new detector CZ7 Pro. I did not intended to shot these clips. Yet after few beers (i am not allowed to drink due recent operation...yet i did it!?) spontaneously we decided to shot clip about TGSL behavior. As you see, all was done pretty "fly"....
TGSL was in Disc mode all the time. Sensitivity was adjusted at "7" (0-10).
Disc pot was at "2" (0-10)...
Audio is loud due "delay" mode i integrated in already made device. I put small "piggy" pcb inside. Coin was 2cm diamm. very thin silver coin.
Actually i swept with it up and down from 41 to 46cm away from coil, so distance is not really important and pretty accurate. I wanted only to show detection over 40cm..hell, it worked even better!
Stabillity is great! Neither one false signal! No chatters...nothing, just clear detection.
Ruller on clip is 50cm long with 1cm blank,extra space from both sides...
Coil is 27cm..
Tested on soil few days ago, but not on this coin (friend brought it yesterday)... 2.5cm old bronze coin cleary detectable at 34cm burried in ground. (Esteban's question)..
So..very nice.
Yet this latest mod, "delay" has some drawbacks; mostly i dont like constant lasting of audio. Man can not distinguish depth and size according to this audio. So i added a simple switch on box, to easilly switch between "delay" mode and "not delay mode". In "not delay mode" TGSL works ordinary with variable lasting and strenght. As coin moved away from coil, audio starts to decay and last shortly, man can easilly distinguish distance and size of detected item.
So operator now can use switch and choose one of 2 working audio modes. Depends of working conditions and demands.
Also VOL. pot. added to adjust loudness, cose now, with latest mod, audio is pretty loud (as on clip)...
Must also say that latest mode "improved" depth!? In "not delay mode" same silver coin detection is bairly audible at 40cm distance, and with "delay mode ON" as you can see and hear on clip, it is very loud and clear up to 46cm!!!
So..this,latest mode is worth of try for sure!
Regards!
I think you made really good job there... the mod seems work as expected. I mean I expected this delay disturbs both pinpointing and operator "reading" of intensity of signal... but it's really good about catching small , weak peaks over the noise floor... like deep coins signals ARE on TGS.
So you made it!
The 2 modes option is everything needed... a switch... and you have one of the most powerful and reliable VLFs around! You can search with monostable ON ...then when approaching a target you switch off it and listen to signal strenght! That's the right way! That's what I'll do sooner or later on mine too!
So... distance improvement is real when considering that weak signals give too short peaks at headphone too! The mod is working and GOOD , and that's enjoyable for real.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
A friend came to me yesterday to check his new detector CZ7 Pro. I did not intended to shot these clips. Yet after few beers (i am not allowed to drink due recent operation...yet i did it!?) spontaneously we decided to shot clip about TGSL behavior. As you see, all was done pretty "fly"....
TGSL was in Disc mode all the time. Sensitivity was adjusted at "7" (0-10).
Disc pot was at "2" (0-10)...
Audio is loud due "delay" mode i integrated in already made device. I put small "piggy" pcb inside. Coin was 2cm diamm. very thin silver coin.
Actually i swept with it up and down from 41 to 46cm away from coil, so distance is not really important and pretty accurate. I wanted only to show detection over 40cm..hell, it worked even better!
Stabillity is great! Neither one false signal! No chatters...nothing, just clear detection.
Ruller on clip is 50cm long with 1cm blank,extra space from both sides...
Coil is 27cm..
Tested on soil few days ago, but not on this coin (friend brought it yesterday)... 2.5cm old bronze coin cleary detectable at 34cm burried in ground. (Esteban's question)..
So..very nice.
Yet this latest mod, "delay" has some drawbacks; mostly i dont like constant lasting of audio. Man can not distinguish depth and size according to this audio. So i added a simple switch on box, to easilly switch between "delay" mode and "not delay mode". In "not delay mode" TGSL works ordinary with variable lasting and strenght. As coin moved away from coil, audio starts to decay and last shortly, man can easilly distinguish distance and size of detected item.
So operator now can use switch and choose one of 2 working audio modes. Depends of working conditions and demands.
Also VOL. pot. added to adjust loudness, cose now, with latest mod, audio is pretty loud (as on clip)...
Must also say that latest mode "improved" depth!? In "not delay mode" same silver coin detection is bairly audible at 40cm distance, and with "delay mode ON" as you can see and hear on clip, it is very loud and clear up to 46cm!!!
So..this,latest mode is worth of try for sure!
Regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by eclipse View PostGreat, Ivconic this is remarcable detection and discrimiantion abilities.
Not to mention the head is not "lift me if you can" - 15" and up dia.
Who cares it's an "old" project??
it's not anymore an old project now... it's a renewed one. People here started making mods and tuning on TGS about 1 year ago... and now we see really good results... we saw also before but todays results are related to the lot of work made in tweaking TGS, that's a good MD upgraded for more impressive results at now.
The coil play a very important role, but also do other components... preamp... lm308 etc it's the balance that make devices more and more stable and thus sensitive to far targets.
The disc is also perfect and iron masking was not a big problem even before, I tested similar way with hammers and got good results on my TGS.
The fact is that such kind of MD is really the answer for many searchplaces where you need disc and a good depth.
And all using just an 11'' coil!
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: