Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Here is small "piggy" pcb for applying latest mod on already made devices.
    What you need is to desolder end of 27K which goes to (B)ase of MPSA13 and connect with wire to "G" point on small pcb. "Out" from small pcb connect with (B)ase of MPSA13. Than connect "+" and "-" to +8V and "gnd" on main pcb and that is all!
    Switch it ON and enjoy!


    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Max please do that and inform me about. I want to see what are you thinking of it. At me it worked from a start excellent. Also huge difference now, much better behavior. I am very satisfied.
    Hi,
    yes... I'll do but after discover the source of troubles at RelicHawk... now I cannot mod the TGSL, I'm doing already other 2 stuff... not MDs.

    I think that schematics is really what needed there... just have to find time to check on real circuit... then report.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Max please do that and inform me about. I want to see what are you thinking of it. At me it worked from a start excellent. Also huge difference now, much better behavior. I am very satisfied.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    well done !

    I like it... wanna try the mod on my TGSL!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    You have good point. But that's why is neccessary to adjust time not so long and not so short (like it was before). I experimented with it a lot and could not resist to put potentiometer on front panel, instead trimmer inside.
    Than is easy to adjust it during working. On "clean" soil, without much of a finds, trash and mineralisation, audio should be a bit longer, so prospector can wipe faster and wider with coil. No danger to miss even smallest metalic items like very small coins 5-6mm diamm. Once item detected, audio can be adjusted to last less and than pinpointing is easy.
    I am planing new pcb, but it will not be so soon. I suggest small "piggy" pcb as an upgrade over existing one. Not much work arround it.
    Regards!


    P.S.
    Max gave me idea mentioning monostabile as possiblle solution.
    Later working on this mod, other benefits from it appeared also! I had luck more than expected!

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    IVCONIC , Great idea adding "555" delay , it will also save on total current drawn at once and yes be considered more stable when you hit a target . But depending how much you set your delay , will the Pin-Pointing a Target be more difficult ??? Let us know how your prototype works and if you updated the PCB layout file yet...........Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Endless modding continue!

    Latest TGSL mod!
    Thanks to Max's initial idea i managed to find best solution and already applied on my existing TGSL. Monostabile with 555.
    What to say? You must try it to see! This modd is solving all possible TGSL issues at once. Not only that audio lasting is now adjustable, but also stabillity is better. No more feedback relations between speaker and LM358.
    I dont want to waste so many words on this. You must try this to see. You will be thrilled!

    Time constant is defined with 0.47 and 1M trimmer (or pot).
    The rest is history.....

    P.S.
    Audio is LOUD now! And adjusted to 0.6sec (with showed components) is looooooong! So loooooong! But also could be adjusted on
    desired time. As suits your needs. That's why is also good idea to use potentiometer on front panel for that...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Thanks.
    I had the same feeling.I will try ASAP.
    Looks like good simple solution.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    No it was not me.
    I partially solved audio problem. It is threshold problem actually. So...when better adjusted threshold, audio last longer...simply as that!
    Last LM358 has 6.pin connected to minus via 330K resistor and to gnd via 2K2 resistor (33K in some schematics). So remove 330K and put 100K straight to middle pin of 100K trimmer. One end of trimmer goes to +8V and other to minus rail. Adjust with trimmer treshold to level you think is suitable and that is all.... This is taken from some other Tesoro schematic.....
    This "mod" changes audio and now sound is a bit better on distant coins or small items.
    This is transitive solution for me, until something better appears.
    Most likely i will experiment with monostable like Max suggested.
    Until than...

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Ivconic.
    Today I got an Idea and can wait to try it.
    But I wanna now what you think.I remember that you or someone else here told that this 4,7 are responcible for sound dely!@
    Look RH waht a hugh cap.Maybe if we use higher value on this one or choose higher voltage one?
    What do you think is it worth?
    Where you buy this WIMA's?
    Unfortunatly I still cant find link for what you ask me.Maybe I have to go to trip soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Max,
    Ivconic,

    Why not use the mechanism thay ML used in Relic Hawk, Musketeer? They stretch the target signal with the 470K - 100n filter network going into the LM339 comparator (between the 4053 pin 14 and the LM339 pin 6).

    Regards,
    J. L. King
    Hi,
    yes this is another option... but problem is at TGS signal is sometimes faint and only way to know if good is try this way.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes i tried that many times.You are right, usually it is working very fine.
    It is not only the loudness i want to achieve here, but lasting.
    On very small coins, 4-6mm diammeter, audio is very short and fast. Good chances to be missed on the field. So i was thinking somehow to delay it.
    Your idea is interesting. I could try that. Need some concrete schematic.
    I will search my material for idea...
    Max,
    Ivconic,

    Why not use the mechanism thay ML used in Relic Hawk, Musketeer? They stretch the target signal with the 470K - 100n filter network going into the LM339 comparator (between the 4053 pin 14 and the LM339 pin 6).

    Regards,
    J. L. King

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Yup!
    In print page you can choose layers to be printed or not.....easy!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Ok, I understand. Then the green trace from pin 3 of the LM393 must run underneath the yellow jumper and is connected to the green circular trace at the end of the jumper. That is a little confusing to see at first.

    Now, to make the PCB -- don't we need an image without the jumper wires? Or did you post it somewhere?

    (I'm not too experienced with this)
    Ok, I'm learning. I used the Sprint Layout instead of GIF and make the jumpers invisible, now I can see it clearly!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Simonbaker...!? It is route from LM308 to comparator..
    See schematic...
    Ok, I understand. Then the green trace from pin 3 of the LM393 must run underneath the yellow jumper and is connected to the green circular trace at the end of the jumper. That is a little confusing to see at first.

    Now, to make the PCB -- don't we need an image without the jumper wires? Or did you post it somewhere?

    (I'm not too experienced with this)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X