Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QED

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Midas
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete the Builder View Post
    This has been a most interesting and er, revelatory, thread. There's so much knowledge and passion here, that's for sure. I think I've found the right place after all!

    I'm interested in the state of play of this David and Goliath rumble, but I'm having a hard time finding online references. Could anyone help by pointing me at a thread or URL that might show what's happening? Or has the obese female warbled already, and it's all over and a body lies in the dust?
    Actually sorry reading that again I guess your probably talking more about the legal crap. As far as I've gathered (just from what other people here have said), BW got a court order to disclose the design to ML which he did.. quite a while ago and that's it. No further action was taken, but I guess it rattled him because it seemed to have stalled the whole thing. Anyway, that's only my perception, I hope I'm wrong and its actually still proceeding behind the scenes. But time is running out. Even if the QED is still the state of the art technology that people claimed it was 1 year ago. For how much longer?

    Midas

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by Midas View Post
    Hi Pete,

    Despite the recent kerfuffle, the state of play hasn't changed any since this thread was started, at least not publicly. The schematic is available here, has been for nearly a year. Still waiting on the PCB and code. My guess is we'll be waiting a while longer. Probably until someone completely independent steps in and finishes it off.

    Midas


    I have the latest QED PCB but i will not post on my forum until BW approves.Whether the full code is published on my forum depends on the actions of another party and again the consent of BW. The QED board is open for guests(can't see pictures or attachments) on my forum.
    http://australianelectronicgoldprosp...y-bugwhiskers/

    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • Midas
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete the Builder View Post
    This has been a most interesting and er, revelatory, thread. There's so much knowledge and passion here, that's for sure. I think I've found the right place after all!

    I'm interested in the state of play of this David and Goliath rumble, but I'm having a hard time finding online references. Could anyone help by pointing me at a thread or URL that might show what's happening? Or has the obese female warbled already, and it's all over and a body lies in the dust?
    Hi Pete,

    Despite the recent kerfuffle, the state of play hasn't changed any since this thread was started, at least not publicly. The schematic is available here, has been for nearly a year. Still waiting on the PCB and code. My guess is we'll be waiting a while longer. Probably until someone completely independent steps in and finishes it off.

    Midas

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    This has been a most interesting and er, revelatory, thread. There's so much knowledge and passion here, that's for sure. I think I've found the right place after all!

    I'm interested in the state of play of this David and Goliath rumble, but I'm having a hard time finding online references. Could anyone help by pointing me at a thread or URL that might show what's happening? Or has the obese female warbled already, and it's all over and a body lies in the dust?

    Leave a comment:


  • HECTOR
    replied
    This has been one of the most interesting, entertaining and enlightening threads that I've ever read in ANY forum.
    The people here are interested in moving beyond the corporate wall of greed and are succeeding.
    Carl has an outstanding forum and does a fantastic job of "keeping it clean".
    The wealth of intelligence here is amazing, and should be constructed carefully to make the most of this forum.
    I've learned a great deal over the years, on my own, working with simple audio amplifier repair, only with the help of books and trial/error. I anticipate learning new things about detector circuits at a much faster rate with the help of this forum than I ever could on my own.
    Keeping that in mind, for the greenie, newbie like myself, to the advanced engineer/designer, this forum is a blessing, and we should make the most out of it.
    Thanks Carl! You da man!

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Why oh why i haven't finished law school!?
    Ever heard of the one "so simple that even a lawyer can do it"
    In short - you are too smart for that.

    Funny that you mentioned that, I met a couple once in Kalamazoo, Michigan, very nice people, and I just couldn't grasp how he can support a whole family and a big house being, well, not too gifted in the brains department. He was a patent attorney

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Whatever the outcome: lawyers will be most happy ones at the end!
    Something we can all agree on.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Hey Carl,

    thanks for clarifying your position. I agree (almost) with you.
    Let's wait and see the outcome of the lawyers.

    Cheers,
    Aziz
    Whatever the outcome: lawyers will be most happy ones at the end!
    Why oh why i haven't finished law school!?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Hey Carl,

    thanks for clarifying your position. I agree (almost) with you.
    Let's wait and see the outcome of the lawyers.

    Cheers,
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    may be this forum is about small home hobbiest and small home hobbiest business. did you meet a KIT from Whites or Minelab? not. empty PCBs from Whites and Munelab for hobbiest? not. why these monsters do not wish to give the issue to people?
    That's why we are here: to help them and correct such ugly miss!



    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "... And if you stopped doing it they would probably leave you alone as well..."

    That makes sense.
    But, i guess; attacking one of the "main players" is something which suppose to put "weight" on attackers account... at least in eyes of aside observers (not saying it is the case here).


    "...You can surf around the various detecting forums and find all kinds of comments about how Minelab is so much better than White's..."

    Such comments are BS and no one serious will take such comments for real.
    ...
    Both are good enough... but XP beats them all!



    P.S.
    Hey! I finally got rotfl smiley working!
    Miracle day today!

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Is this forum about big business or the home hobbiest????
    may be this forum is about small home hobbiest and small home hobbiest business. did you meet a KIT from Whites or Minelab? not. empty PCBs from Whites and Munelab for hobbiest? not. why these monsters do not wish to give the issue to people?

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by authere View Post
    Hi Carl,

    How about you supporting your members of the forum or are you just like Minelab using this and other forums to bleed thepeople dry, Aziz is being ambushed and you do nothing but have a go at Aziz....fair go mate!!!!

    Is this forum about big business or the home hobbiest???? , Damn !!, wake up Ron, of course it is all about big busineses bleeding the little guy!!!!

    Where's the CHINESE!!!!!
    Geotech is all about the home hobbyist. Always has been, always will be. I don't know how you feel it's being used to bleed people dry. Perhaps you can explain.

    Now, who has ambushed Aziz, and in what way?

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Aziz, the real point is that I am not going to allow this forum to denigrate into one like Doug's. If you want to sling mud, do it somewhere else. I'm no fan of Minelab; I agree they are heavy-handed, I agree their patents are highly questionable, I agree they are trying to control the market. And you can discuss these issues here if you want. BUT I DEMAND CIVILITY. Trash-talking, name-calling, taunting, threats, and so forth have no place here. Doug loves that stuff, get it out of your system on his forum, and use Geotech for real discussions.

    The trash talk has been started by the other group, which has been following an agenda by discrediting every other product than the market leaders. The forums are infected with such company/dealer driven "agents", which try to control the forums. Well, the companies and dealers are misusing the forums as a marketing platform. That's a fact.
    As I posted in the infamous #76,

    Bold performance claims naturally produce skepticism with folks who want to see the evidence. When the evidence doesn't happen, skepticism turns to disdain. And as this process stretches out over years, disdain becomes outright ridicule. The designer then spends an inordinate amount of time responding to the doubts and ridicule. This problem is massively amplified if the hype is coupled with contempt for the competition.

    Have you noticed that Geotech attracts almost none of the naysayers? Practically the sole exception is you. Why is that? Well, practically everyone on Geotech are experimenters trying out ideas and learning from them. They aren't braggarts who claim to have the best something-r-other and they aren't trashing a company that delivers. And if you stopped doing it they would probably leave you alone as well. You can surf around the various detecting forums and find all kinds of comments about how Minelab is so much better than White's. Some of these comments are derogatory, some of them are false, some of them may be posted by Minelab dealers; I don't respond to them. I read them, I ask "Is this a fair criticism?", and if it is, I take note of it so I can try to fix it. You could try that, too: just don't respond.

    What's wrong with producing in China?
    The problem is that you're using it as a threat to bring down a company. You're threatening to give away what I'm sure Minelab views as their IP, so that a company can flood the market with cheap clones. Minelab is already fighting this problem, so I'm not the least bit surprised they would react to further threats. Whether that was a primary motivator in their SledgeHammer response I don't know, but it sure as hell didn't help. And folks on Geotech don't need this "help."

    The ony fact is, that the QED has a big potential to compete with the market leaders overpriced detector. That's the naked truth.
    Probably you're right, but you guys went about it in a horribly wrong way. I tried to warn you about that. Don't continue those ways here.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by authere View Post
    ...
    Is this forum about big business or the home hobbiest???? , Damn !!, wake up Ron, of course it is all about big busineses bleeding the little guy!!!! ...
    Good question!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X