Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by localbug View Post
    Thanks for the input toros, but I already have a vlf machine.
    yes now I believe it's kinda useless after I read more about PI machine characteristic, schematic, and diagram.
    I think I'm gonna use a microcontroller to adjust multiple pulses width, delay rather than using 7660 oscillator to control the FET.
    if you want have deeper and good detector work on Delta Pulse. it is really good. and if want work by micro-controller work on it.
    barracuda is simple but it is not deeper and good like DP.
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • localbug
    replied
    Thanks for the input toros, but I already have a vlf machine.
    yes now I believe it's kinda useless after I read more about PI machine characteristic, schematic, and diagram.
    I think I'm gonna use a microcontroller to adjust multiple pulses width, delay rather than using 7660 oscillator to control the FET.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by localbug View Post
    Hello, is it possible to change the frequency of this baracuda?? I would like to change mine to 18,5khz. I have no idea which components have to be replaced and with what value?? please assist me.
    excuse my bad english


    regards
    john
    Man, this is pi machine. It works on low frequencies. If you
    want 18 kilohertz do yourself vlf detector.

    Leave a comment:


  • localbug
    replied
    Hello, is it possible to change the frequency of this baracuda?? I would like to change mine to 18,5khz. I have no idea which components have to be replaced and with what value?? please assist me.
    excuse my bad english


    regards
    john

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    Originally posted by Koala View Post
    Doesn't make any sense. USA have lifted the ban on computers so you can export a computer but not a resistor. Look at DHL website lots can not be (or at least difficult) to exported to Iran some on the list are just strange worth a look.
    http://www.dhl.co.ir/en/country_prof...s_express.html
    the human factor comes into play aswell, if the customs guy is a jobsworth etc.
    personally i dont see the harm in hobbyists sending bits to each other, one of those cases where the law is an ***.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
    Didnt realize , thanks Sinclair dont want problems with customs
    Doesn't make any sense. USA have lifted the ban on computers so you can export a computer but not a resistor. Look at DHL website lots can not be (or at least difficult) to exported to Iran some on the list are just strange worth a look.

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
    dave, mohandes is in iran, uk customs wont clear electronics parcels to iran, some of the other lads in other countries may be able to.
    iv'e tried to send stuff to iran(though not to mohandes) before but it was returned with a customs warning.
    Didnt realize , thanks Sinclair dont want problems with customs

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    dave, mohandes is in iran, uk customs wont clear electronics parcels to iran, some of the other lads in other countries may be able to.
    iv'e tried to send stuff to iran(though not to mohandes) before but it was returned with a customs warning.

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mohandes View Post
    my friend i dont why my barracuda weak
    coil is 489mkh and 1.2ohm
    another 466mkh and 2.1ohm
    please help more
    Hi
    First off:
    Are you certain that you have set up damping correctly ?
    2nd: your specifications for the coil are fine, providing your inductance meter is accurate, so first of all check with a known value because that could well be your problem.
    Far as using cat5/6 cable in all probability if your buying made up leads or short lengths off the net it will be cc type which will render the coil useless.
    Another alternative which works well is copper tin telephone wire, which can be bought in 4,6,8,12 cores , have had very good results with it.
    If any of you want quality solid copper cat5e cable then email me privately and will supply you at cost price plus postage, as I use it for work its bought in 305meter drums so its cheap.
    If you want to experiment with plugs and sockets cheapest way is get hold of a modern/new scrap LCD/Plasma TV, everything you want is in there, small/large sockets, plugs, wire for your pots etc , 2 small speakers normally 8ohms, capacitors,resistors,often there is 3.5mm headphone socket, and of course the back of the TV will make you 2-3 nice bespoke housings for your projects.
    All I can advise when using components both new/second hand is before assembly accurately check them, for instance a capacitor you need to not only check capacitance accuracy you also need to check its ESR value, A typical 100mfd/16V electrolytic capacitor needs to read proximately 99.92 with a ESR (impedance) of around .82, the lower the ESR and near to the capacitance required the better.
    Typical off the shelf components can often read 82mfd or less with a impedance of 2.9ohms upwards which is fine in a bog standard amplifier or basic switching circuits but not in critical applications like metal detector builds.
    If you don't have the required test equipment and want me to supply fully tested components then again just send me a email.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    my friend i dont why my barracuda weak
    coil is 489mkh and 1.2ohm
    another 466mkh and 2.1ohm
    please help more

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Interesting that you noticed a change in response useing a 6800 cap.
    For testing purposes you can use 2 methods
    1. Use PCB pins and solder the component legs to pcb pins.
    2. Cut up a IC socket that has machined pins and just plug the component legs into the hollow machined pins.
    Thanks 6666,
    Great idea bout the ic sockets, hadnt thought of that...I have a pile of them so will give that a try on my next board.. I appreciate the advice, its great to get some awesome tips from some of you guys..

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Interesting that you noticed a change in response useing a 6800 cap.
    For testing purposes you can use 2 methods
    1. Use PCB pins and solder the component legs to pcb pins.
    2. Cut up a IC socket that has machined pins and just plug the component legs into the hollow machined pins.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Mohandes,



    I dont know which is better brother, only advice I can give is to place some specific parts, test the hec out of it then pull them out and replace with the others and test some more, trial and error seems to work the best in finding things out.... or you can check the data sheets for the specific items you mentioned and see if there are any specific differences between them and just test them out, thats all I'm doing.... I'm just an uneducated idiot that likes playing with electronics, especially trail cams and metal detectors...lol...



    I finally got my cuda's 6800 cap today, replaced the 3300 with it and it seems to have changed the response in some way, seem's to be quite a bit quicker and seems to have added a slight increase (1/2 to 1 in.) in air test depth... I have more parts coming so will be testing some other things when they get here.... I neeeeeeed my wire to get here so I can get some coils done........

    I wish these boards were designed with testing in mind, so they had the correct spacing for wafer plugs to fit, it would make it so much easier to test parts instead of soldering/unsoldering...
    Last edited by geoscash1; 05-02-2014, 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot something

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by geoscash1 View Post
    Interestingly enough, I took that bundle wound test coil I was using (18 awg blue pvc speaker wire) and un-wound it and made it into a
    nice tight flat wound coil, I separated the two parallel wires and used it as a single strand and wound it per specs using the coil calc, finished it up and tested it, the (my) cuda did not like it at all, even tried it on my surf pro and believe it or not it gets no detection whatsoever even after adjusting the trimmer... really odd ...


    I took the other strand and re-wound it into a loose bundle coil and tried like it was before and again got good results so I'll have to assume, my particular board doesnt like a flat wound coil, only loose bundled. I checked the ohms and both were 1.6 and 1.8 respectively with inductance at 483 (or approximate 450/480mH). I ended up removing some of the winds thinking the inductance may have been to much but still, it wouldnt work down to 22 turns (approx 320mH)... It liked it as a 28 turn loose bundle really well, so I'll keep testing and winding coils till I get one I like or that seems to work the best for it.


    Mohandes, sorry for the slow reply... all of my board parts are what came stock with the board from silverdog, Except, I did swap out the IRF 9640 for a tip 127 and the LF412 for TL082 but switched them back. The rest of the parts (2N2222, MPS13, MPS102, 5485, 79L05, 78L05) are all what came with it. I have a bunch of parts (6800 cap) coming from china and still waiting for them that I will be swapping for testing.
    thanks
    i use bf256a and bf256b , and i use bf245c and bf245b , , but i dont which transistor is better.
    guide me ?

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Interestingly enough, I took that bundle wound test coil I was using (18 awg blue pvc speaker wire) and un-wound it and made it into a
    nice tight flat wound coil, I separated the two parallel wires and used it as a single strand and wound it per specs using the coil calc, finished it up and tested it, the (my) cuda did not like it at all, even tried it on my surf pro and believe it or not it gets no detection whatsoever even after adjusting the trimmer... really odd ...


    I took the other strand and re-wound it into a loose bundle coil and tried like it was before and again got good results so I'll have to assume, my particular board doesnt like a flat wound coil, only loose bundled. I checked the ohms and both were 1.6 and 1.8 respectively with inductance at 483 (or approximate 450/480mH). I ended up removing some of the winds thinking the inductance may have been to much but still, it wouldnt work down to 22 turns (approx 320mH)... It liked it as a 28 turn loose bundle really well, so I'll keep testing and winding coils till I get one I like or that seems to work the best for it.


    Mohandes, sorry for the slow reply... all of my board parts are what came stock with the board from silverdog, Except, I did swap out the IRF 9640 for a tip 127 and the LF412 for TL082 but switched them back. The rest of the parts (2N2222, MPS13, MPS102, 5485, 79L05, 78L05) are all what came with it. I have a bunch of parts (6800 cap) coming from china and still waiting for them that I will be swapping for testing.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X