Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NE5432???? little common. Directly a ghost what that. NE5432 datasheet not.
    can all the same 5532? http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...ld/ne5532.html

    Comment


    • Originally posted by F117 View Post
      The sensitivity potmeter can be 4K7 or 10K.

      5k possible too?

      Comment




      • Hello Friends, Follow a new video, I am finishing my detctor but some test is possible. Now I will paint it! Teste with a 4g 18k gold ring, dinamic mode, static mode, tuning, led target, tuning, speaker sound, all above the grass.

        Comment


        • hi friends


          thank you very much

          Comment


          • 5k possible too?
            Yes!

            Comment


            • Hello Friends, Follow a new video, I am finishing my detctor but some test is possible. Now I will paint it! Teste with a 4g 18k gold ring, dinamic mode, static mode, tuning, led target, tuning, speaker sound, all above the grass.
              Once again, a nice video, Rodrigo
              Nice build. With drain pipes ?

              My first builds were also with drain pipes and 30 degree elbows.




              I then switched to aluminum crutches and a straight (Anderson type? ) shaft. They are less wobbly (? no idea if this word even exists...)



              Next film from Rodrigo: some finds from the field.
              Clearly, there is something under your lawn there... One way to find out: go dig it !

              Best regards,
              - Bernard
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • Nice Pictures ! Very beautiful place ! Yes, this is a pvc water pipe. There is a union conector to attach the coil. Now I will paint it and try to dig something at the beach ! I am using a lead-acid battery (12 volts, 1.2A, 500g) but i will try 18650 batterys. I am wainting to arrive some BMS modules that a I bouthg. What do think is better, 3 x 18650 or 4 x 18650 regulated by a 7812?

                Have a nice weekend!

                Comment


                • Rodrigo,

                  The microcontroller checks the battery voltage continuously and will generate a low frequency intermittent tone when battery voltage gets too low.
                  This is what you hear - briefly - in your video - when you switch off the detector.
                  When you hear this tone in the field while searching: change the batteries or recharge them !

                  I use 3 x 18650 unregulated for Pickini V4.

                  This was one of the remarks with Pickini V1: I used a battery voltage of about 15V and a low drop 7812 regulator.
                  The batteries are extra weight.
                  So I switched to unregulated 10 -12V = 3x 18650. The software calibrates out the battery voltage differences.
                  These batteries ( salvaged from old laptops) have huge capacity: at least enough for a day of continuous searching is my personal experience.

                  The lead-acid battery may be (slightly?) heavier than 3x 18650 ?
                  I place the batteries in series inside the top part of the shaft tube.

                  BTW: the "beautiful place" is the Belgian beach at low tide.

                  Best regards,
                  - Bernard

                  Comment


                  • Thanks , I will follow your tips and connect 3 x 18650 batteries . Another information I am using irf 630 and I think it perfom well to.

                    Follow a video that show , what is a Tatuíra (the name in my detector box)



                    Merry Christimas !

                    Best Regards,
                    Rodrigo

                    Comment


                    • Hello

                      Pickini and Felezjoo looks very similar.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	pickfelez.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	349971

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by samii View Post
                        Hello

                        Pickini and Felezjoo looks very similar.

                        [ATTACH]41374[/ATTACH]
                        because it is a pi detector and it is drwed with sprint layout Software
                        but they are not similar

                        Comment


                        • I would like to propose a stabilizer for saturation instead of a potentiometer. since when the voltage is applied to the battery, it is necessary to adjust the sensitivity with a potentiometer. and the stabilizer will give a constant voltage regardless of the battery's discharge, which in turn falls off in the application of the potentiometer. simplifies the design and improves it with a minimum of controls, can be placed without problems in absolutely any body of dust and waterproof maximally. how do you like this option?




                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • The sensitivity potmeter is connected between the stabilized 5V and GND - so it is already independent of battery voltage changes.

                            Comment


                            • then do not see the point in the potentiometer at all. you can set a constant and choose an average depth for the stable operation of the metal detector and not to steam. I wanted it better, but it turned out as always.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X