Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta Pulse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Geo,
    nice to ear it works perfect ! It's really valuable machine... I know!
    Of course it works too with mc14538... they are just Motorola kind of cd4538! (or ONSEMI version)
    Also sometimes these are even more stable
    Try also mc14066 and let me know... I've noticed really smooth operations with that stuff in sockets.
    Buy with confidence.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Hi Max. I wrote this because before time an unregister guy asked if we can replace CD4538 with MC14538. If you look at datasheets you will see that at MC14538 there is at one input a smitt triger (if i remember ok) that there is n't at CD4538.
    I have n't MC14066 to try it. Sorry but i stay at a small city with only one shop with electronics components.
    My Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by 1843 View Post
    Hi Geo,
    With 1.5mm wire, the coil totally resistance(with cable) become 1ohm. So the MOSFET burns! DP doesn,t work with coils less than 2ohms.
    Regards
    Hi 1843. Total resistor must be at least 3...4 Ohm so you must connect in series a resistor 2...3 Ohm/1w. Large coil needs bigger current to create a larger magnetic field. For example Mikron says that Delta Pulse needs 110ma with disk coils and 180ma with square coil 1x1 m.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    For 2x2m coil it is better to try 9 turns with wire 1.5...2.5mm
    Hi Geo,
    With 1.5mm wire, the coil totally resistance(with cable) become 1ohm. So the MOSFET burns! DP doesn,t work with coils less than 2ohms.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Yes . Yesterday i finished a Delta Pulse for a friend and it works perfect with MC14538 that shop sold to me.
    Hi Geo,
    nice to ear it works perfect ! It's really valuable machine... I know!
    Of course it works too with mc14538... they are just Motorola kind of cd4538! (or ONSEMI version)
    Also sometimes these are even more stable
    Try also mc14066 and let me know... I've noticed really smooth operations with that stuff in sockets.
    Buy with confidence.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi all,
    Can I use MC14538 instead of CD4538?
    Yes . Yesterday i finished a Delta Pulse for a friend and it works perfect with MC14538 that shop sold to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    For 2x2m coil it is better to try 9 turns with wire 1.5...2.5mm

    Leave a comment:


  • mosha
    replied
    thank you very much

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by mosha View Post
    I need to make two coils for Delta Pulse, 2*2 M & 50cm.

    any help please for the wire gauge and number of turns.

    thank you,
    2x2m: 13turns 20AWG
    50cm: 33turns 22-24AWG

    For better coils you should ask ivconic!

    Good luck

    Leave a comment:


  • mosha
    replied
    coils

    I need to make two coils for Delta Pulse, 2*2 M & 50cm.

    any help please for the wire gauge and number of turns.

    thank you,

    Leave a comment:


  • unhapyy4
    Guest replied
    hı... I made a delta pulse but ı have a problem. my delta pulse sound always beeeep ı dont know where is my mistake? please help me. how can ı work it:?

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hi
    I used 12v 45Ah car battery for test.
    also used 1100miccrohenry D=5cm small coil,ırf840 ,vu meter, and 0.5W 8ohm speaker.
    rest are same with kt315 's list.

    first I hear sound like door creak .it continues something like 10 seconds .then stops .and when I put metal (it was iron) infront of coil ,I got no sound.

    when I repeat process.I mean close and open detector .same thing happens again.

    where is the problem
    I connected 555's 2. & 6. pins.

    And on vu meter there is + and - inputs.where must I connect them.which one is jp1 (+ or -)

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by okantex View Post
    Hi Max
    ""
    Anyway...voltage accross battery vary from full charge state to full discharge...but you can use it. Just you need some adjusting on threshold when discharge causes your detector go out of tune...say every ten minutes or so...
    """
    I could not understand what you mean.
    do not you tune your detector at every 2 minutes.
    do you mean something else?

    ""
    6V 4.5 AH could be heavy to transport e.g. hip-mounted. Anyway...It's your choice.
    ""
    my battery is something like 1 kg .no more.I am sure your 12v is heavier than mine.
    I am not sure if it can drive ICs .after GEO 's words.
    I looked datasheets of IC .they say supply voltage is +-15 or +-18
    but we use them at 12V .this is also a big quessstion in my mind.

    A friend say .he used 7v .his coil was 45 turn ,60cm diametre ,0.8 wire.
    I tried to calculate inductance it was 3000microhenry?????
    does not it be something like300mh?

    ""
    Just put on the supply lines a fuse of 500mA FAST to avoid problems if reversing wires...to save electronics ! Better would be a limited current power supply for testing...but some are expensive lab devices...
    """
    what is supply lines ? as ı said I am not electronition.just hobbiest.
    can I charge my buttery with my adaptor .I gave it's properties at previous mail.
    thanks
    Hi okantex,
    "I could not understand what you mean.
    do not you tune your detector at every 2 minutes.
    do you mean something else?
    "
    Yes. Not 2 minutes but 10-15-20minutes YES. Because (this is a fact) both xr-71 and deltapulse haven't any internal voltage regulator...so VCC that is the battery level vary with discharge of it.
    Actually I have on mine...voltage regulators but this is another story...in posted schematics there isn't so you need to retune sooner or later. The bigger your capacity of battery, the slower the discharge at a fixed current the longer it takes to need threshold adjust.
    Actually I don't need to adjust periodically now...but I've done before using original schematic and 1.3 AH 12 V battery.
    "my battery is something like 1 kg .no more.I am sure your 12v is heavier than mine.
    I am not sure if it can drive ICs .after GEO 's words.
    I looked datasheets of IC .they say supply voltage is +-15 or +-18
    but we use them at 12V .this is also a big quessstion in my mind."
    You are lucky...some of my batteries are heavier but also 1Kg is heavy for me...anyway...I'm lazy on that point!
    Well...+-15 or +-18 are absolute maximum ratings...means that over that you burn your devices...
    Actually you can use them on lower voltages e.g. +-5 or also +-3 or less.
    For instance mc33178 could work very happy at+-2.5 volts and there are even lower supply devices (some works on single 3 volts and even less!).
    "A friend say .he used 7v .his coil was 45 turn ,60cm diametre ,0.8 wire.
    I tried to calculate inductance it was 3000microhenry?????
    does not it be something like300mh?
    "
    Could be. I told you that only some components could require attention to work at 6V or be substituted. Must be 300uH.
    "
    what is supply lines ? as ı said I am not electronition.just hobbiest.
    can I charge my buttery with my adaptor .I gave it's properties at previous mail."
    Well yes...you can but you risk to damage it in charging. Supply lines = the positive or negative wire from your battery to the circuit - put the fuse there on one of these wires.

    Hope this helps.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by okantex View Post
    btw since I do not know tecnical terms of electronic .I want to write the things on my battery

    6V-4.5Ah/20HR
    constant voltage charge
    voltage regulation
    cycle use........................:7.35-7.5V
    stanby use.......................:6.75-6.85V
    max. charg,ing current...........: 1.35A

    does this cysle use hhave any meaning for more than 6V .

    can we think 7.5 -1.2 =6.2 bigger than 5V and enough for delta ?
    Hi okantex,
    about your battery...what simbols means (BATTERY TRAINING):
    6V-4.5Ah/20HR
    constant voltage charge
    voltage regulation
    cycle use........................:7.35-7.5V
    stanby use.......................:6.75-6.85V
    max. charg,ing current...........: 1.35A
    means that battery requires constant voltage charging, in cycle use voltage from 7.35 to
    7.5 volts can be used...that means that if the battery is cyclically charged discharged
    frequently you can use that voltage e.g. 7.35V to get it fully charged.
    In standby mode...like in emergency lamps...where the battery stay charged for long time
    6.75-6.85 voltage is used to keep the battery charged and avoid self-discharging due to
    internal leaks- you are not interested in standby charging (so called...trikle-charging).
    You need a full charged battery then to discharge due to using your metal detector and then
    recharge it...it's CYCLE USE.
    So you need to charge from 7.35 to 7.5 volts constant Voltage.
    max. charg,ing current...........: 1.35A means you can't go over this value without damaging
    your battery...avoid more current also because hydrogen is produced internally and battery
    could explode at higher charging current - very dangerous, don't do that.
    You need to provide enough current for enough time
    example: at 1.35A you charge the battery in about 3.333 hours (4.5AH/1.35A).
    I suggest using 1/10 of capacity current for 10 hours: 450mA (at constant 7.5volts !) and you
    need some constant current charger to do that (you can find schematics on google: "charger lead acid lm317").
    Or also better 300mA for 15hours. The longer the time...the longer lifetime of device and less
    troubles...and also better charge at constant voltage cause hydrogen is adsorbed or expelled safely from the
    battery (on some types there is an automatic hidden valve that do it).
    20HR means that battery discharge is related to current delivery...
    example: 4.5AH/20H --> 225mA is the maximum current you can draw from it without losing some battery
    capacity...actually you can draw more with a 15-20% reduction of total capacity due to losses.
    If current is too hi...you damage the battery and if shorted it could , again, explode.
    You can also try to charge the battery using a normal unregulated supply...but I think it's not a good idea...
    cause you need some limitation to charge it safely.
    "does this cysle use hhave any meaning for more than 6V ."
    When you have a fully charged battery you get a little mre than 6Volts...it's normal to have cause the cells
    gives more voltage : a lead-acid cell is of 2Volts nominal...but you can get from 2.05 to 2.125 when fully
    charged then you could have something like 2.125*3 = 6.375 volts at full charge...simply doesn't matter !
    When a single cell go under 1.8volts it's fully discharged...so if you get
    1.8*3 = 5.4 volts...you battery is game over and need recharging.
    "can we think 7.5 -1.2 =6.2 bigger than 5V and enough for delta ?"
    Your 6V battery cannot gives 7.5 volts even if fully charged. If so...battery is damaged and you need new one.
    you have 6-1.2 = 4.8 volts: that 1.2volts is enough for many devices to read signals and stay away from
    saturation, cmos and 555 would work fine too.
    Real problems could be:
    - Vgson for mosfet device (usually 4volts are enough to fully turn on but not always)
    - lower audio volume (cause you have less vcc)
    but most important is:
    - OP AMPS polarization...supply : some devices don't like lower voltages...you need low
    supply op amps like tlc2262 or , easy to find, e.g. lm358 to solve that problem. Usually a
    single supply op amp could work at lower supply than dual supply devices... e.g. LM358 can
    do it, better e.g. NE5532 (lower noise)...but better than everything is having rail-to-rail op amps there
    cause also tl062 could work...but can be unstable in these conditions where saturation voltage
    is too near useful signal level.
    So, you can use tlc2252,tlc2262, ts27m2, ts27l2, mc33078, mc33178, ls204 instead of originals.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hi Max
    ""
    Anyway...voltage accross battery vary from full charge state to full discharge...but you can use it. Just you need some adjusting on threshold when discharge causes your detector go out of tune...say every ten minutes or so...
    """
    I could not understand what you mean.
    do not you tune your detector at every 2 minutes.
    do you mean something else?

    ""
    6V 4.5 AH could be heavy to transport e.g. hip-mounted. Anyway...It's your choice.
    ""
    my battery is something like 1 kg .no more.I am sure your 12v is heavier than mine.
    I am not sure if it can drive ICs .after GEO 's words.
    I looked datasheets of IC .they say supply voltage is +-15 or +-18
    but we use them at 12V .this is also a big quessstion in my mind.

    A friend say .he used 7v .his coil was 45 turn ,60cm diametre ,0.8 wire.
    I tried to calculate inductance it was 3000microhenry?????
    does not it be something like300mh?

    ""
    Just put on the supply lines a fuse of 500mA FAST to avoid problems if reversing wires...to save electronics ! Better would be a limited current power supply for testing...but some are expensive lab devices...
    """
    what is supply lines ? as ı said I am not electronition.just hobbiest.
    can I charge my buttery with my adaptor .I gave it's properties at previous mail.
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by 1843 View Post
    The two PS diodes for what reason have used? They cause that gate driver voltage (S-G) be between 1.5 to +VB...
    Is it better that we short them?

    Regards
    Hi,
    what's important is gate Vgs fall time...not a real problem to have some volts under Vgson...if this is the question.
    Other important issue is that fet is fully turned on at +VB and this is the case here at 12V.
    For 6v operations one could use a lower Vgson device with same transcapacitance.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X