The real problem was with some resistors, that i confused btw 2.2 K and 22K, shame on me.
So this of course burns some components and made the detector working unstable.
I still don´t have an osciloscope, so i decided to replace 556, two 4066 and two 4538. Now DP is working very good. For test purposes i used two coils, the first one is 19 centimeters in diameter, 447uH and 1.9 ohms.
The results were:
1.- IRF740, after half an hour, did not got hot, just a little warmer.
2.- Air test for a 1 cm aluminim coin, 18 cms
3.- Air test for 17 cm copper coin, 26 cms
4.- After 40 minutes, the unit performed very stable and all functions are working very good.
Question: how and were do you measure frequency?.
I did by just checking with my tester both coils terminals, and i measured 121 Hz . Is this ok?
Second coil test:
1.- Coil was made from 0.25mm wire, inductance is 580uH, 26 cm in diameter and resistance is 7.2 ohms.
2.- IRF740, after half an hour, did not got hot, just a little warmer.
3.- Air test for a 1 cm aluminim coin, 16 cms
4.- Air test for 17 cm copper coin, 28 cms
5.- After 40 minutes, the unit performed very stable and all functions are working very good.
I hope this test can help.
Has i understand, we can make any coil diameter, but we must follow that the inductance and resistance remains the same, independent of the form and size we whant. Is this correct?
In advance, many thanks.
Nelson
QUOTE=ivconic;48495]
I just finished my fifth DP in this year.What to say? Somehow i feel satisfied
with progress i made building those.
Every of those five working very good from a start. No problems at all.
I reached the point where can be free to claim that my "machines"
are good and pretty accurate.
But i still have a lot of problems with coils!?
I just downloaded "Making a Fast Pulse Induction Mono Coil" from Joseph J.Rogowski
aka bbsailor.
Congratulations on such fine,neat and accurate theory bbsailor! I do agree 100% on
all you've been talked about.
I just made a coil; 26cm diamm. 25 windings, wire 0.35-0.4mm(close...i cant tell,i
busted my mickrometer last week)....Resistance of a coil is 3.3 ohms.
Buster is 2K2,frequency is 120Hz....
Results are good. 2cm coin it can detect on 30cm distance.I guess,it could be even
much better.
It is now in "experimenting" phase so i am not using any resistivity in serie with
coil....so it is just 3.6-3.8 ohms(including cable).
After 5-7 minutes, IRF740 is still cool!?
I am, sort of confused,amazed???
But there is a certain problem. "Playing" with Treshold knob, i can put device
in position to be unstable and "sing" like canarian???? Even than,detection is
very good,fet remains cold and nothing bad happened????
I am presuming it must be something about coil, resistance or dumper....
Between those five DP's i made,this last one is the very best...i have that
feeling. I also payed a lot of attention on components. I used mostly pp caps,
wherever it was possible.I used 1% resistors also....
It will need some more experiments to establish right values of dumper and serial
resistors,but so far it is acting very good.
Until now,all previous DP's needed coil with resistances over 6 ohms, to remain fet
calm and cool,this is first one working cool with <4 ohms coil.....so far.
I will experiment more,these days.If discover something interesting i'll post here.
regards
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all!!![/QUOTE]



Leave a comment: