Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serbian "Most Wanted"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pompey
    replied
    Air tests with 555 SMW version with 27DD:

    24mm coin - 45sm
    34mm coin -55sm
    diskr -rejects all iron
    no reaction to ferrite
    very small sound cracks coused by interference
    GEB must be adjusted very fine to get best sensitivity and stability.Also coil nulled perfect.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by technos View Post

    What was the coil you were using?
    I was not there. They inform me that it was Excellerator dia 32 cm DD coil (intended for Fisher 12xx series).

    Leave a comment:


  • technos
    replied
    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    Here some video scene on general SMW phase and sens test. SMW was build according ivconic mod. Video taken by Tragac (member Serbian MD forum) using mobile phone (so not the best quality of tone repro).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezmUjCj5nss
    What was the coil you were using?

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    SMW phase test

    Here some video scene on general SMW phase and sense test. SMW was build according ivconic mod. Video taken by Tragac (member Serbian MD forum) using mobile phone (so not the best quality of tone/video repro).

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi Geo
    What is your final solution for the phase with the coil BM 1600?
    Hi Vladimir.
    I correct the phase shift of the coil by adding the 10nf capacitor in series with the Tx signal and the 22k potentiometer as at the schematic that i posted here

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Vladimir
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Yes, but is not comfortable. It is heavy
    Maybe today to try a Blumax 950!!!
    Hi Geo
    What is your final solution for the phase with the coil BM 1600?

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Yes, but is not comfortable. It is heavy
    Maybe today to try a Blumax 950!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • technos
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    I finished my Caesar with the BlueMax 1500. The detector is very good at air test,
    Of course, using a monster coil always helps too!

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    I finished my Caesar with the BlueMax 1500. The detector is very good at air test, but i must make a really test when the weather will calm.
    I put the detector inside a box of a MD5002. All ok but the coil is very heavy for this box so when i move the detector i hear always some krik.... krak... etc from the bad plastics. If i will keep it, i must replace the box with the arm.


    Regards
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Pompey View Post
    I shorted C26.Now sound is good .34mm coin detects at 45sm in air with 38DD in discrimination.A very good machine.I want now to make a concentric coil.Any sugestions how many turns L1 L2 and cancel coil? Housing is 24sm. so outer diameter is 24sm and inner -9sm.
    With 38cm coil you must detect the 34mm coil at least at 50cm. Check the tunung of the coil!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pompey
    replied
    I shorted C26.Now sound is good .34mm coin detects at 45sm in air with 38DD in discrimination.A very good machine.I want now to make a concentric coil.Any sugestions how many turns L1 L2 and cancel coil? Housing is 24sm. so outer diameter is 24sm and inner -9sm.

    Leave a comment:


  • technos
    replied
    Originally posted by Pompey View Post
    Hi,Geo,I already tried different caps.Yes the sound become more beautiful if you put 7-8nf instead of 10.But it seems to me like the depth goes less with changing sound to high frequency.
    I think if you want better sound you need to change the square wave osc. and find a sine osc. imho.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pompey
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Hi pompey.
    I don't say to change the value of the capacitor but to short it (to jump), so to don't exist capacitor

    Regards
    I see!I read "sort" and I think that means to change it Also i made a mistake,I chaged C30 on my pcb,not C26 - C30 for audio frequency..

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Pompey View Post
    Hi,Geo,I already tried different caps.Yes the sound become more beautiful if you put 7-8nf instead of 10.But it seems to me like the depth goes less with changing sound to high frequency.
    Hi pompey.
    I don't say to change the value of the capacitor but to short it (to jump), so to don't exist capacitor

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Pompey
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Try to sort the C26. Sound becomes more good (not 555 version)
    Hi,Geo,I already tried different caps.Yes the sound become more beautiful if you put 7-8nf instead of 10.But it seems to me like the depth goes less with changing sound to high frequency.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X