Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    but it still makes a sound when moved left or right.
    While we dont have all the answers , your description sounds a little like the earth field is not being cancelled , check that you have both sample pulses on the 4066, and check that the target signal is going to both inputs of the integrator.

    Leave a comment:


  • seadoggy
    replied
    Originally posted by soverey View Post
    I have a similar problem , I shielded my coil with cardboard spayed with graphite spray , but it still makes a sound when moved left or right. How did you shield you coil ?


    I using alu foil + coax cable with foil inside,something is not good here!
    I try use other cable with out foil same problem

    Leave a comment:


  • soverey
    replied
    Originally posted by seadoggy View Post
    hello i make Surf PI!the board work good,but i have small problem when i swing with coil to right make false signals!any idea what can be??
    i using coax cable with shield my coil is also shielded!
    regards
    I have a similar problem , I shielded my coil with cardboard spayed with graphite spray , but it still makes a sound when moved left or right. How did you shield you coil ?

    Leave a comment:


  • seadoggy
    replied
    Originally posted by junkhunter View Post
    to sensitive mine does the same adjust it down a bit but also had falseing problems under water i was a dirty coil plug connection . turn all electrics off in the house very sensitive board. have no shielding in my coil just cheap 4 wire coil lead with silver shielding


    How to solve that??its is really annoying!
    i also try other coil same problem when i swing on right make sound

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    to sensitive mine does the same adjust it down a bit but also had falseing problems under water i was a dirty coil plug connection . turn all electrics off in the house very sensitive board. have no shielding in my coil just cheap 4 wire coil lead with silver shielding

    Leave a comment:


  • seadoggy
    replied
    hello i make Surf PI!the board work good,but i have small problem when i swing with coil to right make false signals!any idea what can be??
    i using coax cable with shield my coil is also shielded!
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    the places you marked on the schematic are not required....if no audio then you have made a mistake or some component has been damaged...check all your soldering making sure you have not shorted out any connections or pins with solder.

    Leave a comment:


  • peppe30679
    replied
    I have changed the buzzer with 8 ohm speaker, but not result.
    I have another question: the jumpers near IRF9640 (right-left) are needed? Then, the hole between U4 and U7 goes tinned?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    yes an 8 ohm speaker is ok.

    Leave a comment:


  • peppe30679
    replied
    Thanks Daverave!
    Can i connect a simple 8 ohm speaker instead buzzer, without change anything (no circuit modifications)?

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    you will get some interference picked up by the coil that will cause noise on the audio...make sure you screen the coil and the pcb to help reduce noise....its best to use a normal speaker than a buzzer.

    Leave a comment:


  • peppe30679
    replied
    Hi guys!
    I am a new member of this forum (i don't speak english very well, so excuse me )
    I have some problem with surf 1.2 (Silverdog): threshold is not clear and continuos, but erratic : maybe electormagnetics field in room?
    I have some doubts about the correct way of mounting the buzzer........rheofore longer (+) near r35 and (-) near volume pot is correct?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by peppe30679; 12-04-2015, 05:11 PM. Reason: error

    Leave a comment:


  • yhl
    replied
    Good

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank-s
    replied
    Thanks
    Frank-S

    Leave a comment:


  • kenny444
    replied
    Hello I like your Avatar,, Did you go to Abydos ? I went to see the carvings, very interesting. Ken

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X