Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks Dirceu, i will try to shield my coil first.
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by DIRCEU View Post
    Hi! NELSON

    Yes I do.
    I'm using a very simple magnetic earphone, but I am thinking in add to output the Ivconic's TGSL audio.
    Best Regards

    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Originally posted by Gyur666 View Post
    "I made the coil with 19cm diam. planar shape 1,6 Ohms 20 turns. Don't remember now the wire number I used."

    "Planar shape" = Multilayer, single-row coil?
    Hi!

    singlelayer coil
    Maybe the correct name for this coil is RADIAL...don't know.



    regards
    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • Gyur666
    replied
    "I made the coil with 19cm diam. planar shape 1,6 Ohms 20 turns. Don't remember now the wire number I used."

    "Planar shape" = Multilayer, single-row coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • Gyur666
    replied
    Hi Dirceu!

    Congratulations! Your machine is very good. Which one type coil you use it and from a what kind of wire? How much the ideal dunping resistance?

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Ok, i ll try your recipe. Do youthink this could be my problem, that cuses my detector to sound everytime i sweet it to the rigth, sometimes to the left, with no metal close?
    Many thanks
    Nelson
    Hi! NELSON

    Yes I do.
    I'm using a very simple magnetic earphone, but I am thinking in add to output the Ivconic's TGSL audio.
    Best Regards

    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks ApBerg.
    By the way, what did you place in your surfmaster, piezo or speaker?
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hello Dirceu & Nelson

    Very good results !! Hope you find lots more good finds!
    For speaker you can also tray to use a piezo speaker, it is not so load but if you place it in a headpone (cheap earprotection style) it is also easy to make it waterproof. Look at the way the waterproof detector have made them. If you use a litle audiotrafo (old transsitor radio) the sound for a piezo speaker gets some louder.

    Best regards.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Ok, i ll try your recipe. Do youthink this could be my problem, that cuses my detector to sound everytime i sweet it to the rigth, sometimes to the left, with no metal close?
    Many thanks
    Nelson

    Originally posted by DIRCEU View Post
    Hi! NELSON

    1- You need to shield your coil.
    See: http://www.geotech1.com/pages/metdet...s/FastCoil.pdf

    2-3- Try my coil recipe.

    Best Regards
    DIRCEU.

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Hello Dirceu & Nelson

    Very good results !! Hope you find lots more good finds!
    For speaker you can also tray to use a piezo speaker, it is not so load but if you place it in a headpone (cheap earprotection style) it is also easy to make it waterproof. Look at the way the waterproof detector have made them. If you use a litle audiotrafo (old transsitor radio) the sound for a piezo speaker gets some louder.

    Best regards.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Thanks Dirceu.
    My surfmaster, have a few things to solve like:
    1.- The detector sounds with no metal close, verytime i sweep the coil, normaly to the rigth side.
    2.- When i try to adjust the trimmers on pcb, sometimes an oscillating detecting sound comes thru the buzzer, up and down, then i reduce sensitivity until this sound comes just like a hum, but detection range is reduced.
    3.- What i notice today is that sound thru the buzzer comes very loud and clear at maximum volume and also i had found that when you low the volume, detection seems to be more sensitive. So may be my problem is with the buzzer and i must change it to a normal speaker or headphones. Any comments on this.
    Well, thanks for your coil data. This weekend i will try my surfmaster again.
    Kind regards
    Nelson

    Hi! NELSON

    1- You need to shield your coil.
    See: http://www.geotech1.com/pages/metdet...s/FastCoil.pdf

    2-3- Try my coil recipe.

    Best Regards
    DIRCEU.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks Dirceu.
    My surfmaster, have a few things to solve like:
    1.- The detector sounds with no metal close, verytime i sweep the coil, normaly to the rigth side.
    2.- When i try to adjust the trimmers on pcb, sometimes an oscillating detecting sound comes thru the buzzer, up and down, then i reduce sensitivity until this sound comes just like a hum, but detection range is reduced.
    3.- What i notice today is that sound thru the buzzer comes very loud and clear at maximum volume and also i had found that when you low the volume, detection seems to be more sensitive. So may be my problem is with the buzzer and i must change it to a normal speaker or headphones. Any comments on this.
    Well, thanks for your coil data. This weekend i will try my surfmaster again.
    Kind regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by DIRCEU View Post
    Many thanks! NELSON

    With my first coil was the same thing then went up to reduce the wounds and measure the distance from targets in each reduction. For me 1.6R.
    Under this point the mosfet starts to warm much.
    Wire diameter is 0,6mm
    Inductance is arround of 165uH.
    Put a trimpot instead of damper resistor for choose the best value.

    regards
    Dirceu

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Congratulations!

    You have done an excellent work.
    My surfmaster is working fine, but not so close has the one you made.
    I think that my problem is the coil, cause i had checked the pcb and componets twice and everything looks fine to me.
    So if you can post the wire size of your coil, will be very helpfull.
    Regards
    Nelson

    Many thanks! NELSON

    With my first coil was the same thing then went up to reduce the wounds and measure the distance from targets in each reduction. For me 1.6R.
    Under this point the mosfet starts to warm much.
    Wire diameter is 0,6mm
    Inductance is arround of 165uH.
    Put a trimpot instead of damper resistor for choose the best value.

    regards
    Dirceu

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Congratulations!

    You have done an excellent work.
    My surfmaster is working fine, but not so close has the one you made.
    I think that my problem is the coil, cause i had checked the pcb and componets twice and everything looks fine to me.
    So if you can post the wire size of your coil, will be very helpfull.
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by DIRCEU View Post
    Hi! all

    Recently I finished my SURFMASTER APBERG's Version and work very very good.
    Results in air:

    1 euro coin = 37cm
    small gold ring = 28cm
    coke can (allum.) = +_ 1 m
    (All refers at final audio detection)

    I made the coil with 19cm diam. planar shape 1,6 Ohms 20 turns. Don't remember now the wire number I used.

    I tested it at a beach and I found 8 USD in coins of my country; also one gold ring, one silver ring and one little silver medall. This during 3 hours of researching.Its very good! like a fishing

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Hi! all

    Recently I finished my SURFMASTER APBERG's Version and work very very good.
    Results in air:

    1 euro coin = 37cm
    small gold ring = 28cm
    coke can (allum.) = +_ 1 m
    (All refers at final audio detection)

    I made the coil with 19cm diam. planar shape 1,6 Ohms 20 turns. Don't remember now the wire number I used.

    I tested it at a beach and I found 8 USD in coins of my country; also one gold ring, one silver ring and one little silver medall. This during 3 hours of researching.Its very good! like a fishing

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    [quote=OSTIN;80972]Hi!
    I have done PCB for SurfmasterPI in Layout.


    hi all

    I wonder how this detector separation and depth???

    materials ready.I want a good separation and depth.

    information you give to me.I thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • Cudashark
    replied
    Cordius,

    I've re-read the thread and like the mod's you have made. I am interested in maybe doing some trading with your for some design work.

    Can you list for me the mods you have made? Are their components or parts you need from the US.

    Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

    Ray

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X