Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cudashark
    replied
    Nice Job Ap,

    Thanks for the input Cordius. I like that you understand how to change the specs to suit your needs. I do the same with Mahogany Speed Boats.

    I have several pairs of underwater headsets. I also have a pair of underwater ear buds.

    I currently use the headset when diving and like the way they work.

    As much as discriminating for only gold sounds good at first when treasure hunting. While diving, finding artifacts helps pinpoint "hot spots".

    Most of the diving is 10 to 20 meters. Waterproofing is fairly simple. Being in the boat building industry I have access to many watertight cases and containers at wholesale.

    Ray

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    Hallo cudashark, you can put a little piezo speaker, remember with a piezo you dont' listen the small but very important variation of sound.
    If you put a piezo, remember to riduce R34 value 150 ohm. Good is 47-56 ohm. All tested
    Very very important: I build it for hobby and personal electronic experience, my metaldetector have many change at original schematics. Little example the 15uS pulse delay on my electronic, for good response at gold, not original 50uS. My electronic is inspired at original schematic but there are many many changes.

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Hello Cudashark, and friends

    Ok a small pcb is a must for dive stuff, but start thinking from the housing you have ore can make ! ( a pcb is lots easier to make than a good housing for diving !! )

    Also the way you like your target signal ! Speaker ore leds ?
    Best is sound I think…, leds in clear water and sun in a not to deep dive is not good !
    Leds must take your attention all the time, sound lets you more freedom.
    Also no headphone , so no wire ! Make the piezo part from the UW housing !

    For sound you have to find a good piezo speaker that fits the output audio, ore better make in the circuit a audio output that is adjustable in freq. ( better idée s are welcome ! )

    For housing I use pressure pipe to make things waterproof use always good O rings, glue is not the best solution ! The end caps are solid pvc.

    With some trail and more error I made some housings for diving look at the photo, this is a detector for our grandson. The long PI print also fits in it .

    Best regards.
    Ap
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Cudashark
    replied
    Accurate and Clear Schematic of the Surfmaster PI Pro

    Nice job Cordius,

    Hi,

    I am looking for clear and accurate schematics for the PI Pro. I have the actual unit and find many coins on the beach but on dives its to awkward.

    I'd like to build something more compact for diving.

    I live on the Treasure Coast of Florida(USA) and thats me with a silver real. I used a different underwater detector that is not as responsive.

    I have looked up the patent; Lahr; William E. (Compton, CA) # 5,414,411 and their is a lot of good information as well as some coil configurations.

    I recommend looking it up.

    If anybody has the schematics please contact me.

    I have the capabilities of making professional pcb's.

    PS patent is 12 years old.

    Ray

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    Yes, i write it on private

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by cordius View Post
    hallo Qiaozhi,
    i buy house coil and stem on italian electronics-kit site.
    excuse my english.
    Do you have a link to the site?

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    hallo Qiaozhi,
    i buy house coil and stem on italian electronics-kit site.
    excuse my english.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by cordius View Post
    Good work Kuraja
    This is my final version of surfmaster.
    There is only one pot tresh
    the disc pot is setting onbord trimmer R25 50K and bridge 100K pot for full performance.
    Coil is 20 cm diameter.
    Where did you get the stem and the search coil housing?
    Is this something you bought separately, or did you use an old detector as parts?

    Leave a comment:


  • kuraja
    replied
    Excellent work friend!!!! I like it!

    Leave a comment:


  • cordius
    replied
    Good work Kuraja
    This is my final version of surfmaster.
    There is only one pot tresh
    the disc pot is setting onbord trimmer R25 50K and bridge 100K pot for full performance.
    Coil is 20 cm diameter.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kuraja
    replied
    HI!

    This is my Surfmaster PI. Coil 18 cm detects coin 2.5 cm at 25 cm in air. It has transparent coil head for easy pinpointing. Drawback is I find a lot of pulltabs, nails...but also some coins too!
    I also have a very cool housing design for TGSL. Something you can assemble in a quick step and pack it up in a backpack!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mustafa
    replied
    Are these settings meaningful for Surf PI?

    Main Sampling Delay 50us - 120us
    Secondary Sampling Delay +165us - +235us

    Leave a comment:


  • Mustafa
    replied
    Thanks 1843.
    IRF9640 is in my shopping list.
    I am trying to learn by modifying simple designs.
    Best regards,
    Mustafa.

    Leave a comment:


  • Noemio
    replied
    Q1 is always turned ON!

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustafa View Post
    Hi,
    I am working on replacing timing logic with PIC12F675/683 on Surf PI like Carl's Hammerhead II.
    I have all of the components to build except P-channel mosfet.
    So I changed the coil driver for IRF740 but I am confused.
    Is this coil driver works?
    It won't work. Try to use a PNP transistor like MJ2955 instead of IRF740.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X