Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Dont know...maybe you should compare all three schematics. Although first two are mostly faked and inaccurate, there is chance that you can spot something and find mistake. I havent started building this yet. Sorry i cant contibute much, for now...
    Regards!

    P.S.
    Original RH pcb is mounted in massive Al enclosure. Front and rear panels are "coated" with Al foil also. All togather (including enclosure) connected to gnd. This tells us something...?
    Max try to shield your pcb in simillar manner and than check its behavior. It seems some stages are more than sensitive and easilly saturate..

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    No, that one is designated as C215. Other one is smaller as you can see on photo.
    Hi,
    so the big one it at no-motion...and 1uF 160V WIMA... maybe cause have less leaks and that's good to mantain stored voltage there for longer time? Probably...

    I'm using a common poly and works good now that switch stuff is fixed.

    I still have troubles with disc instead, poor performance and not reliable, probably there's a mistake in schematic along disc stuff.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    No, that one is designated as C215. Other one is smaller as you can see on photo.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    As i recall it was 1uF/160V...WIMA
    Hi,
    1u 160 is small cap... and good for no-motion stuff...
    do you remember if it was at TX the big one?

    I think maybe the big cap is in parallel with coil... cause could give better stability.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    As i recall it was 1uF/160V...WIMA

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi Fred,
    solved the problem at motion-no-motions stuff: was the switch

    I swapped a good one... (3 positions single) with a bad one, same colour etc... that was keeping always the 22K connected!

    Was my BS !

    Now works, sure it's just for all-metal, cause disc is always motion by design.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    RH Pro V.99.8 II special

    Fred.
    Hi,
    nice PCB!

    I like it...

    about switch... I don't know must recheck everything again... I'm surprised too that switching a 22K resistor there I have no visible effect...

    Looking at some PCB here... I saw one capacitor with very large dimensions... so my thought are also about wich kind of capacitor and why it's there.

    I've used a common 1uF stuff... poly kind, a small one.

    Unfortunately I think there could be errors in the schematic... in such a complex schematic even a wrong sign can lead to failure.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Nice pcb! Neat work!
    .........

    XLT....Yup!

    No wonder i switched to Eagle Spectrum recently! It does make difference for real! Only problem is i can not copy it...to complex for me. Also i dont have firmware for those two uPc's...

    Look this photo and enjoy!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    RH Pro V.99.8 II special

    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    I just looked again that comparing chart of detectors depth that someone have posted here.
    XLT
    have almost double depth compared with RH!Minelab RH is no more on tird place there.
    If we wana make something impresing this is it.Combined PI techology+.............
    So.Can we do it?
    Have anyone opened such device?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    GEB is at zero-crossing... I mean... the control pulse has its middle at zero-crossing of RX signal... that is what you mean I think. So seems good.

    Disc is instead about 90° shifted but I must check again... for movements using the disc pot. I noticed spurious sharp communtation at some pot positions... but just 2 positions, all the others are ok.

    I think disc control timing is probably correct... but maybe coil need particular phase shift of RX signal. I don't know if coil I've made can fit particular phase requirements if any.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    If you can adjust the GEB control to sample at the zero-crossing of the RX signal, then the coil phasing is probably ok. In that case, try monitoring the output of the DISC sample gate, and note whether the amplitude changes in a different direction for ferrous and nonferrous. The DISC sampling point will then be somewhere around the peak of the RX signal. i.e. 90 degree offset from the GEB sample pulse. If this is working ok, then there is most likely an error in the design further along in the DISC channel.
    Unfortunately I don't have time to follow along by building this project, but I may be able to assist with the debugging.
    Good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Max,
    No i have not really an idea.
    The non-motion only works in all metal, and it is the 1u cap that transmits the signal.So i cant see how connecting a 22k resistor or not doens´t make any difference??.
    When it works is it working like motion or non-motion?
    did you check the +/- 2v5 at extremes of 100K trimmers? also is the "c" correctly switched from -2v5 in all metal to the output of U7...this are the tests i would begin with, but you probably have already have made a lot o them....
    Maybe some mistake in switches wirings? it´s so easy ...
    Hope you can find something.
    regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Actually i have the board, i want the hat !
    Tnx!
    Fred.
    Oh, wow... but I have the board too... so I think I will leave the hat on

    so smoke will also confuse my vision a bit... and I will maybe find the dang mistake by fingers!

    What do you think of the motion-not-motion that is also not-working ???
    Isn't strange the dang stuff doesn't work at all ???

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,

    Sorry... I think I couldn't make another of these boards for a while...
    Actually i have the board, i want the hat !
    Tnx!
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    This is LRL effect.Probably some gold staue 20km away...


    Should work :when in motion mode the 1uF cap value (kind of memory) discharges via the 22k resistor.When in non-motion it only goes thru the 10M ones,(so keep charged ), "reset" just temporarly connect it to the 22k resistor.

    Ps : i swap a hat like yours for a semi-populated RH PCB ...you can keep the cigar.
    regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    yes sure... SHOULD work... but actually it doesn't... even using jfet input stage op amp at U7! 10^12 ohm and nothing good happens... like that capacitor will hold the charge...

    Sorry... I think I couldn't make another of these boards for a while... last double layer presens I've used for mine... but I can exchange some TLC27M2 or TS27M2... for some more cigars... of cuban legs rolled kind.

    Sure I will keep the cigar... the fog could give some clue of what's going wrong about disc...

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X