Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
RELIC HAWK
Collapse
X
-
Max,Originally posted by Max View Postuhm...seems not so happy in simulations...
Is D1 supposed to be a straight diode or a 3.3V Zener? I know that Coinseeker was a cheapened version of Coin Hawk without many of the features, but the oscillator circuit is essentially identical except for the diode that you have labled D1.
Regards,
J. L. King
Leave a comment:
-
uhm...seems not so happy in simulations...
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Fred View PostHi Max,
Yes i have seen the resistor is missing.But i should be able ot make it fit.
If you have time you could show me where there is problems so i can try to make it better.
I wonder what happened to Ivconic?
I wish i could be building it too...
Regards,
Fred.
found another bug: there's a repeated 360K resistor there... I solved not mounting one of the highlighted ones in the picture...
Kind regards,
MaxAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max,
Yes i have seen the resistor is missing.But i should be able ot make it fit.
If you have time you could show me where there is problems so i can try to make it better.
I wonder what happened to Ivconic?
I wish i could be building it too...
Regards,
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Fred View PostThanks for update Max,
I think it will work without the inductor too, for testing at least.
If you see places where components are too close together or something please let me know.
Regards,
Fred.
I think I found a mistake there... I cannot find the 1M2 resistor on PCB... noticed just few minutes ago.
I think I will add it under the PCB.
About inductors I have many but made expecially for RH two custom 15mH and 1mH today....
Already soldered.
I avoided using the transformer kind of shape and used instead a neosid support/core that was of an 22mH inductor.
Same I've done at 1mH part... made it and used acrylic varnish as finiture...
PS: about space... the PCB is small but right for most parts... troubles I had at 470nF caps, 1uF and 470uF too... too close one each other... and space is so few.
I'm around 45% of parts now... it's a little monster this RH!
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for update Max,
I think it will work without the inductor too, for testing at least.
If you see places where components are too close together or something please let me know.
Regards,
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Fred,Originally posted by Fred View PostHi Max,
Yes i know how you feel.
Usually i take capacitors from old boards, some are top quality professional like Telecoms,but it is very time consuming if i want them all of same kind.For resistors i bought a box with 100 of each value resistors, but of course E12 serie only.The best thing i ever bought
You are lucky as you can go to stores :here no store, if i´m lucky to find components i have to wait around 10 days.
Untill you get the right ones you could make association of 2 resistors in serie
for example.I know it does not look so nice , but it works...
happy building!,
regards,
Fred.
I'm at 20% building ... found all resistors and miss just some caps.
Actually I have them all but problem is that some will not fit in the little space so I must find something smaller... and hope stores have them all, otherwise I have to order.
The tricky stuff was solder ic sockets using double layer pads... but I did!
I wanna use sockets to change ics and test different ones on circuit.
Now I have to find inductors or made e.g. the 15mH one... will take some time.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max,
Yes i know how you feel.
Usually i take capacitors from old boards, some are top quality professional like Telecoms,but it is very time consuming if i want them all of same kind.For resistors i bought a box with 100 of each value resistors, but of course E12 serie only.The best thing i ever bought
You are lucky as you can go to stores :here no store, if i´m lucky to find components i have to wait around 10 days.
Untill you get the right ones you could make association of 2 resistors in serie
for example.I know it does not look so nice , but it works...
happy building!,
regards,
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Fred,Originally posted by Fred View PostHi Max,
Ok, i hope you can find what you need easily.Generaly the capacitors are the most boring to find , when you want them all of the same kind.
I have also the presens. spray, but as you say it smells really bad and i was never able to make a really regular layer of it, it was always a bit thicker on one edge or in some places, so exposition and etching was a problem.
Don´t forget the 100n caps
Eugene,i used PnP but i didn´t like it too much.As Max says here we need good quality, i drilled 2 pads at extreme positions too to position the double layer.
And yes, you need to mirror printing of upper layer, i didn´t do so and it worked fine, but it is better to do so.
PS:you look happy on your picture.
Good luck,
Regards!
Fred.
yes , right some components are boring... now I have tons of 100nF all kind, all shape, all voltages so not a big problem for me...
The boring stuff for me are resistors when strange or unusual value... (example 91K) cause I'm sure I have those... then when go to collect for making stuff I found I finished them or have too few and the like... so in a hurry I need to go to shops and now very often guys there don't understand what I'm talking about... so I have to go in many shops (often 3 or 4) and waste time... then if the story start taking too long I went back home and order other tons of stuff... but at next project the story repeats...
Now I miss some resistor values and need to buy but tomorrow I think I'll have no time to play with guys at electronics shops and then story will start taking long...
All times same story! No matter of many resistors I buy every time!
Same apply to some capacitors... and semiconductors also... but this time I have all semi ready to go.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max and Fred,Is this right or wrong.Grt NakkyAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max,
Ok, i hope you can find what you need easily.Generaly the capacitors are the most boring to find , when you want them all of the same kind.
I have also the presens. spray, but as you say it smells really bad and i was never able to make a really regular layer of it, it was always a bit thicker on one edge or in some places, so exposition and etching was a problem.
Don´t forget the 100n caps
Eugene,i used PnP but i didn´t like it too much.As Max says here we need good quality, i drilled 2 pads at extreme positions too to position the double layer.
And yes, you need to mirror printing of upper layer, i didn´t do so and it worked fine, but it is better to do so.
PS:you look happy on your picture.
Good luck,
Regards!
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Fred,Originally posted by Fred View PostNice PCB Max,
Mine is failed, for some reason the developper didn´t work, so i quicly made a new solution but it was too late for a nice result.
It was the last double layer of this size i had,now i have to wait one week+
Good luck with yours,
Best regards,
Fred.
I've used the last I had too... I forgot to order some... so I did yesterday but I was lucky with that last board and got the pcb.
I've also some double I've made past years... they are under black paper in my garage... but I don't trust them much cause are too old now (7years) to give me the kind of quality I need for this project.
I made lot of custom presens boards in past years but the process is tricky and the smell.... wow... something incredible... and so I stopped making them at least for now.
Hope you'll do it soon. For now I'm collecting stuff... found all ic I need, but there's other stuff I still did not find...
I'll keep you informed of progress.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Eugene,Originally posted by amtech2005 View PostFred and Max , Both of your work is near perfection . My sprint software is o.k. now . After about 40 or 50 times loading the software I remembered you have to re-start your computer to make new software work !!!!


So am showing my 1st photo of what I feel like Today !! And the other 2 are .gif images of how I want my PCB.And I am going to use the press.n.peel blue by technics for that process ............Take care all.......Eugene
I give you some advices for p-n-p...
press-n-peel is good but you need extra care in positioning the second layer you made, so the second sheet to match exactly the one you already transferred on copper side at bottom.
I do that with photoprocess using some reference cross at edges usually, but in this particular case I preferred using some drilled holes in pcb on particular point in the pcb where there are double side pads.
Also, make sure you print all by print command and just select copper layers, without silkscreen. Also remember you need to mirror bottom side before you print it on p-n-p.
Hope to see your board too soon.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: