Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    this is bill of materials I've made from schematic...

    74 resistors... it's a huge monster !

    Here it is:
    value quantity

    resistors
    2k2 2
    15k 1
    470R 1
    100R 2
    4K7 4
    27k 6
    47k 10
    6k8 2
    4M7 1
    18k 3
    820k 1
    330R 4
    33k 1
    360k 4
    10M 5
    1M2 1
    2M2 1
    22k 5
    1M6 1
    620k 1
    100k 11
    68k 2
    10k 2
    91k 1
    470k 1
    47R 1

    capacitors
    220n 5
    6n8 1
    100n 32
    10n 4
    1u 3
    1n 6
    2n2 2
    4u7 16v 1
    470u 16v 3
    2u2 16v 1
    470n 4

    trimpot
    10k 1
    100k 3

    pot
    10k 2
    100k 1

    diodes
    1N4148 7
    LM336 2.5v 1
    S400/1N4007 1

    transistors
    bc557 2
    bc547 1
    bc517 1

    inductors
    1mH 1
    15mH 1

    ic
    cd4024 1
    cd4053 1
    cd4066 3
    ts27m2 3
    ts27m4 1
    lm339 1
    lm393 2
    ne5534 1


    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    don't know if exact... but found these data about coil:

    "
    coil is 35cm DD coil,
    RX=130 windings,0.25mm wire,on round former d=30cm ;42ohms,15mH
    TX=35 windings,0.55mm wire, on round former d=30cm ;2.5ohms,1mH
    "



    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nakky View Post
    Resistor=620K.Grt Nakky.
    Hi,
    yes could be....
    Looking at op amps there... I see the 820K is half of 1M6 there... so it's probable the unknown value is just half of the 1M2

    If so there's already right there a "scaling factor" between the two channels...

    Thanks Nakky.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Resistor=620K.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    One step closer to final ?
    regards,
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Man that is confusing!!

    Yes i used 2 and 3 to gnd, but U5/1 goes to U3/3 (via caps and res) instead of U3/9 , and U5/4 goes to U3/9 .It has no influence because control lines (U513 and 5) are connceted together.

    well, at least i think.
    regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    ok I see, but sure change nothing: we use the 4 gates all togheter cause all control lines are connected to the same point...and ports are all the same... so we can change one for the other inside same chip... so no problem at all!

    Actually... I've assigned that numbers to some of them who haven't... I can also change to accomodate schematic to PCB!

    A reversed-reverse-engineering at the end!

    What matter is at the end this stuff will fly...

    Here we are: this is revision 1.3

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Man that is confusing!!

    Yes i used 2 and 3 to gnd, but U5/1 goes to U3/3 (via caps and res) instead of U3/9 , and U5/4 goes to U3/9 .It has no influence because control lines (U513 and 5) are connceted together.

    well, at least i think.
    regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,

    Yes you are right! ,and pins 2 and 3 must be connected together and go to GND.
    I think i can find a way to place the 470uF caps and diode below U7, rated at 16V they are not so big.Really it would look better.There is already enought wires for switches etc .
    Also here is revealed a secret "mistake" : i have swapped connections 1/2 and 3/4 of U5, because it was easier for me.
    BTW, i could not read value of uppermost resistor (pin 1 of U4, gain setting), maybe 820k?

    Regards!
    Fred.
    Hi Fred,
    not it isn't : you used pin2 and pin3 for GND as in schematic... but you can swap them cause are bidirectional gates! I see... you drink too the irish whiskey with lot of enjoyment... about pin2 and pin3 of U5 they are at GND already; for U9 pin2 and 3, are too at GND (but remember to use also there the top layer for pin3), but I will prefer there direct connection at pins and one track only that goes to GND line.

    Yes, I see it too that resistor there... it's unreadable value! Dang value it's out of bound... maybe it's something 820K but I'm not sure about.

    We can make some educated guess looking at pictures of similar units... but it's tricky procedure.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Max,

    Yes you are right! ,and pins 2 and 3 must be connected together and go to GND.
    I think i can find a way to place the 470uF caps and diode below U7, rated at 16V they are not so big.Really it would look better.There is already enought wires for switches etc .
    Also here is revealed a secret "mistake" : i have swapped connections 1/2 and 3/4 of U5, because it was easier for me.
    BTW, i could not read value of uppermost resistor (pin 1 of U4, gain setting), maybe 820k?

    Regards!
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,
    Thanks, nice job!
    I will make corrections tonight.
    But i think there is something wrong with your correction near U9 where you say "cut" (pin 1).This looks OK as it was to me? I may be wrong i am not at home,and dont have them printed.also GND must be on pin3 of IC9 (not 2)
    The supply rails connections you pointed are really usefull .
    Best regards!,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    the "cut here" label is at a point where the two 47kohm resistors are bound : in schematics those 47kohm are one on the upper signal path, and other on the lower side... I'm going to mark them on schematics to let you find their connections better and spot the difference.

    As you can see, in schematic the two resistors are bound to pin1 and pin4 of 4066 BUT they came from the two different signal paths, not from same path like in PCB diagram.

    PS: Fred, another question about 3x470uF + diode at battery side: maybe there isn't enough room for them... what do you think about, can we include in PCB or better leave out ??? I think those 470u are really important on GND so we MUST have them anyway... if needed we can also solder on copper side... but would be maybe a bit ugly stuff!

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Max,
    Thanks, nice job!
    I will make corrections tonight.
    But i think there is something wrong with your correction near U9 where you say "cut" (pin 1).This looks OK as it was to me? I may be wrong i am not at home,and dont have them printed.also GND must be on pin3 of IC9 (not 2)
    The supply rails connections you pointed are really usefull .
    Best regards!,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,
    Thanks, yes i have now put the +=4 and -=11 of U10.They will go via wire or upper layer too, as all others.
    There is surely other mistakes,we must find them .The missing parts i found yesterday were the left pot and 3 resistors on "motion-non motion" part, completely independant so i completely missed it .Was a pain to make them fit on PCB.
    Good luck,
    A small glass of irish wiskey is virtually offered for each error found
    Regards!
    Fred.
    Hi,
    thanks... I like the offer though virtual only... I will pick a bottle of the best and drink it all now... cause I've checked all tracks and so I'm reporting then results:
    just 5 errors really found, 3 are about resistors values... 2.2K instead of 22K and 100K instead of 100R, so you made incredibly good work on such large schematic.

    Other 2 errors are more subtle... one is about missing "+" indication at audio stage... I don't know if you forget about or just planned making it on upper side so just did not indicate it on label... anyway I signaled it.
    The other is about a real mistake on signal path... you can see the "cut here" indication and yellow track for what you need to make there as mod.

    The stuff in blue rectangles are so errors; all the rest are reminders to remind (if needed) that we need connections for supply rails , gnd on the top side, so they aren't errors and you probably already made top layer.

    I think I found them all... but better if someone else will recheck it all... maybe I miss something too-
    Keep doing the good work, Fred! Now cheers!

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Fred,
    nice work... I'm trying to follow tracks and check if something missed. For now I can say it's really nice stuff and will be easy replicated by folks here I think.

    Our purpose now is discovering if something wrong or missing... then start real construction phase.

    PS: just see that U10 supply rails missed, maybe you meant add on top layer later ?

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max,
    Thanks, yes i have now put the +=4 and -=11 of U10.They will go via wire or upper layer too, as all others.
    There is surely other mistakes,we must find them .The missing parts i found yesterday were the left pot and 3 resistors on "motion-non motion" part, completely independant so i completely missed it .Was a pain to make them fit on PCB.
    Good luck,
    A small glass of irish wiskey is virtually offered for each error found
    Regards!
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    New version with components values (easier to check ) and important modifications : 1 pot was missing ( ! ) and some mistake due to wrong interpretation of U9 numbers.
    Previous layout should be (completely) ignored ...
    regards,
    Fred.
    Hi Fred,
    nice work... I'm trying to follow tracks and check if something missed. For now I can say it's really nice stuff and will be easy replicated by folks here I think.

    Our purpose now is discovering if something wrong or missing... then start real construction phase.

    PS: just see that U10 supply rails missed, maybe you meant add on top layer later ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    New version with components values (easier to check ) and important modifications : 1 pot was missing ( ! ) and some mistake due to wrong interpretation of U9 numbers.
    Previous layout should be (completely) ignored ...
    regards,
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X