Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Luck, i dont have problems with my eyes.... , but my skills over smt are very poor ..., so me too - i would like to see here accurate through hole pcb. Dont have enough time to draw one, right now...
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by amtech2005 View Post
    THANK-YOU, IVCONIC , MAX FOR THE FAST ANSWER. I AM MAKING A PART'S LIST . AND I ALSO WANT TO MAKE A THROUGH-HOLE PCB BOARD . I DO NOT WANT SURFACE MOUNT BECAUSE OF MY BAD EYE SIGHTBUT IF THERE ARE NOISE PROBLEMS OR OSCILLATIONS I MAY HAVE NO CHOICE. I STILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO ON THIS BECAUSE I AM JUST GETTING STARTED !!!!!!!!!!. I WILL POST MY PART'S LIST FOR EVERYONE TO DOUBLE CHECK. THANKS AGAIN...........EUGENE
    Hi Eugene.
    I have the same problem with my eyes (48 years old) so i am waiting for a through-hole pcb design. If you will draw it then please post it here. I thing that it is time to constuct this Big machine.....
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    with 15mH there you have LC resonant frequency at about 41Khz... then you have two antiparallel diodes (for limiting voltage in the interval 0.7..-0.7 and also some resistor function seem quite clear to see I think: it's filter stage that will provide supply to audio tranducer (phones ...) without intermittent propagation of too spurious frequencies on supply rail... this will improve stability of amplifiers chain vs audio stage impact.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Max you are reading my thoughts! I was going just about to suggest same solution to be tested with TGS on TGS thread!
    As i posted earlier, there is certain relation between some ocassional chatters and choice of speaker at TGS. With 16 ohms speaker TGS have less and rare chattering than with 8ohms. Even more, if you put extra 10 ohms resistance in serie with speaker those chatters will disapear for good, but audio will be very mum and weak. So first time i spotted this at Relic Hawk, i wandered what would be if....
    Worth of trying!

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    THANK-YOU, IVCONIC , MAX FOR THE FAST ANSWER. I AM MAKING A PART'S LIST . AND I ALSO WANT TO MAKE A THROUGH-HOLE PCB BOARD . I DO NOT WANT SURFACE MOUNT BECAUSE OF MY BAD EYE SIGHTBUT IF THERE ARE NOISE PROBLEMS OR OSCILLATIONS I MAY HAVE NO CHOICE. I STILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO ON THIS BECAUSE I AM JUST GETTING STARTED !!!!!!!!!!. I WILL POST MY PART'S LIST FOR EVERYONE TO DOUBLE CHECK. THANKS AGAIN...........EUGENE

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by amtech2005 View Post
    DOES ANYONE KNOW THE EXACT PART NUMBER OR ANY RESISTIVE MEASUREMENTS ON THE BLUE TRANSFORMER SHOWN . SCHEMATIC SHOWS A CENTER TAP CONNECTED TO NOTHING. AND I ALSO DO NOT SEE A SECONDARY WINDING ON THE SCHEMATIC???SO IS THE PRIMARY WINDING USED AS A CHOKE OR LC FILTER ???? THANKS...................... EUGENE
    Hi,
    with 15mH there you have LC resonant frequency at about 41Khz... then you have two antiparallel diodes (for limiting voltage in the interval 0.7..-0.7 and also some resistor function seem quite clear to see I think: it's filter stage that will provide supply to audio tranducer (phones ...) without intermittent propagation of too spurious frequencies on supply rail... this will improve stability of amplifiers chain vs audio stage impact.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    15mH (L) parallel to 1uF (C)

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    DOES ANYONE KNOW THE EXACT PART NUMBER OR ANY RESISTIVE MEASUREMENTS ON THE BLUE TRANSFORMER SHOWN . SCHEMATIC SHOWS A CENTER TAP CONNECTED TO NOTHING. AND I ALSO DO NOT SEE A SECONDARY WINDING ON THE SCHEMATIC???SO IS THE PRIMARY WINDING USED AS A CHOKE OR LC FILTER ???? THANKS...................... EUGENE
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    DOES ANYONE KNOW THE EXACT PART NUMBER OR ANY RESISTIVE MEASUREMENTS ON THE BLUE TRANSFORMER SHOWN . SCHEMATIC SHOWS A CENTER TAP. AND I ALSO DO NOT SEE A SECONDARY WINDING ON THE SCHEMATIC???SO IS THE PRIMARY WINDING USED AS A CHOKE OR LC FILTER ???? THANKS...................... EUGENE
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    THIS IS THE SCHEMATIC THAT I WILL BUILD FROM!!! I AM NOT GOING TO BUILD COINSEEKER-2 PRO BECAUSE TO MANY THINGS ARE MISSING !!! PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING IT IS NOT GOOD COMPARED TO RELIC HAWK!!IT WOULD BE A BIG WASTE OF MY TIME . MAYBE THE COIN SEEKER 2-PRO WORKS GOOD IN EUROPEAN SOIL ,IT WILL NOT HELP ME OVER HERE . I NEED POWERFULL DEPTH WITH DISCRIMINATION. THE OLD SITES I GO TO, "THEY SAY ARE HUNTED OUT" OR "CLEANED OUT". BUT I KNOW THEY ARE NOT!! .................Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • BGR
    Guest replied
    this version has: VERY BIG REPONCE TIME, the discrimination is not working that good in ground, in air is FINE, GB is very good. Parts worth 15$ - good DIY device.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Eugene wrote -
    "ON THE BOTTOM LEFT NEAR THE TL431, 2 RESISTOR VALUES ARE MISSING."

    When LM338 is substituted for TL431:
    resistor from TL431 pin 3 to V+ is 10k
    resistor from TL431 pin 3 to TL082 is 100k

    I have no idea what values to use with a TL431.

    DO NOT FORGET: This Coinseeker2Pro schematic is Bulgarian cutdown version of Relic Hawk.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    NEW SCHEMATIC HAS ERROR -

    NE5534 in bottom right corner:
    Output of op-amp is pin 6 on PCB not pin 1 as shown on schematic.

    4053 - inputs for Z0 & Z1:
    Pin 1 of TL082 connected to pin 3 of 4053. CORRECT
    Pin 7 of TL082 connected to pin 5 of 4053. CORRECT
    In that case for pin 3 & 5 = Z0 & Z1 mislabelled on IC or schematic needs redrawing to have pin 5 = Z0 & pin 3 = Z1. CONNECTIONS TO IC PIN NUMBERS ARE CORRECT.

    Lots of pictures of Coinseeker 2 Pro PCB with & without components at:
    http://www.snimka.bg/album.php?album_id=113396 http://www.flickr.com/photos/2057000...7603136862931/

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    HELLO, ON THE BOTTOM LEFT NEAR THE TL431, 2 RESISTOR VALUES ARE MISSING . DO NOT FORGET THAT A NEW CORRECT SCHEMATIC HAS BEEN POSTED AND IT IS COMPLETE. JUST NEED THE IC'S MARKED U-1 TO U-12 ETC............. THE NEW SCHEMATIC SHOULD CORRECT ALL PREVIOUS ERRORS. WE ARE ALL ON THE RIGHT TRACK THOUGH, EVERYBODY CONTRIBUTES HERE . THAT MAKES THIS FORUM SO GREAT!!!!!!! THANKS ,EUGENE

    Leave a comment:


  • RufusGartz
    replied
    I make mistake in schematic.
    New schematic & changes shown.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • RufusGartz
    replied
    Ivconic,

    Here is corrected schematic of Coinseeker2Pro. I traced PCB in your "post#27" & used schematic in "Amtech2005 post#16" in this thread as basis. It is 99% correct. Please check! Can you check component values? Do you have values for the 2 resistors connected to pin 3 of TL431?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X