Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Hi, well I put it in the orientation the circuit board indicated, as you read the writing on the chip Pin 1 is the bottom left. I found a schematic on page 8 or 9 that identified some voltages to check on some of the runs. I may take the socket out and replace too. Thanks for the reply. I am also buying Silverdog's board. I have to read the chips and study the schematic, I am geologist and my electronics is limited to a circuits class and college physics which was almost 40 years ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Is the IC inserted into the socket correctly, did you put it in backwards?

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Thanks for the response, I am new to using forums so I hope I don't break protocols. I performed your check and I do have a problem +5V at pin 8 and +.7V at pin 5. I tried with a second IC and got the same results. I searching the board for faults. I an rusty in electronic and have a lot to learn. I will keep on plugging away. I posted two images of the board I completed. Since trouble shooting will be difficult for my lack of technical skill execution is critical to start. Thanks for any advice all will be appreciated.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    I think I may have installed the wrong resistor I have to measure before I install "cant see the colors"

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimized-IMG_20160517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	345783Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimized-IMG_20160517_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	345784I see at least another person in the thread had the same problem and identified a bridge solder, I am looking but haven't found one.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Yes I have a steady 5V at PIN 8 on 7660 but I am reading .7v at pin 5 with all the other ICs out of the sockets.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Do you have a good solid 12v from your battery ?
    Remove all Ic's except 7660S , measure 7660 pin 8 (should be +5v), measure 7660 pin 5 (should be -5v)

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Yes, I am inspecting the joints and the components. Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by jimfrombr View Post
    Hi Silverdog, I haven't built a proper coil I used 22avg stranded wire to make a 6inch coil 15 turns (that is all I had to use) I have proper material on order. I wanted to do some preliminary checks until I built a functional coil. To answer your second question I only have -0.7V on pin 4. Thank you for answering me, I am still reading the posts to learn from others.
    With a 6" diameter coil, and only 15 turns of 22awg wire, the inductance must be around 95uH. It should be between 300uH and 400uH for the Surf-PI.
    If you don't have -5V on pin 4 of the NE5534, then you have a fault on your board.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Hi Silverdog, I haven't built a proper coil I used 22avg stranded wire to make a 6inch coil 15 turns (that is all I had to use) I have proper material on order. I wanted to do some preliminary checks until I built a functional coil. To answer your second question I only have -0.7V on pin 4. Thank you for answering me, I am still reading the posts to learn from others.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by jimfrombr View Post
    I just finished a Surf Pro kit and was checking Pin 6 on NE5534P (U2) and it was 6.34v the instructions in the setup indicated to trim R10 to a 0V reading. My trimmer wouldn't bring it below 6V. I checked the board and cleaned it well. I have searched the thread but may have missed a clue to trouble shoot my problem. Right now I am thinking it is as a bad pot are there any threads I should be looking I welcome any advice. Regards
    What are the details of your coil ?

    Do you have -5v on NE5534 pin 4 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    I just finished a Surf Pro kit and was checking Pin 6 on NE5534P (U2) and it was 6.34v the instructions in the setup indicated to trim R10 to a 0V reading. My trimmer wouldn't bring it below 6V. I checked the board and cleaned it well. I have searched the thread but may have missed a clue to trouble shoot my problem. Right now I am thinking it is as a bad pot are there any threads I should be looking I welcome any advice. Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    so i am feeling i have to re-design surf too some day.
    Hi KT315, if you do please make it square with lots of bypass caps and with lots of test points to solder PCB pins to, that would be very handy.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by gerson View Post
    Hello KT . WHAT IS THE COST OF (01) PCB BARACUDA AND (01)SURF PI PRO ??? SHIPPING COST TO BRAZIL
    hello. was 14USD, but all pcb batch was sold. i can offer tested board for 40EU, last. i did not make surf pi,
    but i see the problems are only accumulated with every board from silverdog .
    so i am feeling i have to re-design surf too some day...

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Dont know where it came from, dont know if it works .
    It's from Delta Pulse.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X