Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hello Ivica.


    I do not mind.... look at the bottle... berenBURG good stuff ..if not to much ...

    From the same origin as the coin you see in my avatar.... the place were I was born...long time ago...

    Very best Regards.

    Ap

    p.s. you also have seen the youtube video 'unwilling Blistool' ... sometimes DIY tesoro's have the same ground effect ?? I never found out what the reason was.. static load?

    Nice bottle! Promising!

    ...

    Static load... whatever that may be - most probably yes!
    I think such behavior appears due not very well optimised circuitry, some component with greater tolerance, some wrong value, maybe some internal loops (pcb, housing etc...)
    It is not rare and it is not strictly related only to hand made detector. I've experienced that even with few originals in the past.
    Or... maybe some of other guys had hidden jammer in his pocket! How about that?


    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    You are 100% right!
    I was the "artist" back than, SORRY!
    It was the time when i still learned how to use ExpressSCH...
    Sorry again!
    Regards!

    P.S.
    It's ApBerg - not ApBurg!


    Hello Ivica.


    I do not mind.... look at the bottle... berenBURG good stuff ..if not to much ...

    From the same origin as the coin you see in my avatar.... the place were I was born...long time ago...

    Very best Regards.

    Ap

    p.s. you also have seen the youtube video 'unwilling Blistool' ... sometimes DIY tesoro's have the same ground effect ?? I never found out what the reason was.. static load?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by hazem View Post
    thx,but i wondering about coils nulling,sometimes i see someone say u must nulling when TX only connect with pcb to reach 4mV,and someone say u must find the deep nulling (is that mean 4mV),what i should to do;connect only TX or both coils with pcb for nulling and which point we must check;J1-1 or U101a for nulling,everything is ok except the part of nulling.
    u will say go here http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15710 i know this but i wanna info from u.
    thanks
    Hazem don't worry; both methods will lead you to properly nulled coil.
    It is just a matter of personal choice and habits.
    You will not make mistake either way.
    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    ApBurg has beat me to it. (Doh I get slow after I've taken 10mg of my favorite sleeping pill.)

    The schematic artist has represented a switch with the symbol for a connector.

    By the way, you will also see some drawings where potentiometers are also represented with a connector symbol. That can be confusing also.

    To explain the switch I refer you to section of an older specimen of the TGS schematic. I added numbers to correspond to the pins in your drawing.


    You are 100% right!
    I was the "artist" back than, SORRY!
    It was the time when i still learned how to use ExpressSCH...
    Sorry again!
    Regards!

    P.S.
    It's ApBerg - not ApBurg!



    Leave a comment:


  • hazem
    replied
    thx,but i wondering about coils nulling,sometimes i see someone say u must nulling when TX only connect with pcb to reach 4mV,and someone say u must find the deep nulling (is that mean 4mV),what i should to do;connect only TX or both coils with pcb for nulling and which point we must check;J1-1 or U101a for nulling,everything is ok except the part of nulling.
    u will say go here http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15710 i know this but i wanna info from u.
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Just go into the shop and ask for a single pole 2 way toggle switch to the phisical size of your requirements.

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • hazem
    replied
    Hi guys
    thank u a lot,i always say this forum is really fantastic,thx

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by hazem View Post
    this's the part i talking about,because i want to know what i say to the seller when i buy it,and how connect it to the circuit (a detailed drawing),plz help
    ApBurg has beat me to it. (Doh I get slow after I've taken 10mg of my favorite sleeping pill.)

    The schematic artist has represented a switch with the symbol for a connector.

    By the way, you will also see some drawings where potentiometers are also represented with a connector symbol. That can be confusing also.

    To explain the switch I refer you to section of an older specimen of the TGS schematic. I added numbers to correspond to the pins in your drawing.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Originally posted by hazem View Post
    this's the part i talking about,because i want to know what i say to the seller when i buy it,and how connect it to the circuit (a detailed drawing),plz help

    Hello Hazem

    what you see is a switch, point 2 selects point 1 or point 3 ...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • hazem
    replied
    Originally posted by hazem View Post
    hi
    i want to know this part of schematic (disc.switch) in TGSL,i still new with this,and don't know exactly what this,it it kind of pot resistor or switch that when we turn it on MD become all metal,if it kind of resistor what's it value,or if it kind of switch what's that switch that have three terminal!!,plz an explain,i wanna picture for it that show me how to connect it in the circuit(a detailed drawing),and how it's looks outside the case.
    thank
    this's the part i talking about,because i want to know what i say to the seller when i buy it,and how connect it to the circuit (a detailed drawing),plz help
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • hazem
    replied
    hi
    i want to know this part of schematic (disc.switch) in TGSL,i still new with this,and don't know exactly what this,it it kind of pot resistor or switch that when we turn it on MD become all metal,if it kind of resistor what's it value,or if it kind of switch what's that switch that have three terminal!!,plz an explain,i wanna picture for it that show me how to connect it in the circuit(a detailed drawing),and how it's looks outside the case.
    thank

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by freedan3d View Post
    Hi Ivconic

    It sensed a small gold coin under 20cm in air and it was low in my mind
    I tried to make a 40cm coil for it but i cant reach 16.5 khz on rx
    When i tried to reach 16.5 khz ,its inductance was 4.2 mh

    freedan3d
    The larger the coil you use, the less distance you will achieve on small targets. Smaller coils can give better sensitivity on small targets.

    Can you explain what you mean by reaching 16.5kHz with 4.2mH? Was this the colpitts circuit with 22nF and 220nF? If so, I calculate that 4.2mH would get you 17.35kHz, so how did you get 16.5?

    A picture is worth 1000 words.

    Leave a comment:


  • freedan3d
    replied
    40 cm dd coil for tgsl

    Hi Ivconic
    I maked tgsl with attach pic version
    It sensed a small gold coin under 20cm in air and it was low in my mind
    I tried to make a 40cm coil for it but i cant reach 16.5 khz on rx
    When i tried to reach 16.5 khz ,its inductance was 4.2 mh and my tgsl componnent was over-heating on 22 ohm resistor in speaker section and it burned
    I used 0.25 wire for its.
    please help me

    Thank you

    freedan3d
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Have you tried metallic flower wraps? Even if they don't work, they will surely improve your coil's WAF

    You may test a piece of such a foil in a microwave oven, and don't forget to put a glass of water beside it. If you get fireworks when you nuke it - it should work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Mylar shielding question







    In order to a question by Mullihaka : who has experience with Mylar shielding ?

    Are these things we ran into normal or is this due to European manufacturing ?

    Please , your comment is appreciated

    kind regards ,

    Danny

    ps I moved the question overhere with the hope this reaches a greater 'audience' .

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X