Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    ?

    What do you mean by stronger NF signal?
    If you mean on that 1M resistor.....it is not only about stronger audio.
    Answer is yes, noticeable better sensitivity...

    Leave a comment:


  • dino
    replied
    For Ivconic

    Hello Ivconic i have some questions for you. By instaling stronger NF signal did you get beter sensitivity on range?

    Regards Dino

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    [quote=tiktak;59091]Hi,

    Hi tiktak,
    I'm posting a new thread in "General electronics" cause batteries are too off topic here.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    No Max, not yet. You mentioned some lack of stabillity than? Is it noticeable much? I will change 22nF to 1nF and see.
    Most iportant thing at detectors for me is stabillity - not depth...I would rather sacrifice some depth due more stabillity...thats why i idore this TGS so much...it is deep and stabile at the same time...
    I made 12 TGSL's so far.All working nice! But have noticed minor differences among them; some of them can produce ocassional,very short false signals....all checked with same coil...It is not coming from coil but from device itself?? What should be a problem. I lost myself in soldering all those pcb's....Need hint on which stage should pay most of attention about stabillity....
    Any hints?
    Bye!
    Hi Ivconic,
    I've TLC2262 instead of TL062 cause TL062 is too noisy for my taste. When I had it on circuit I noticed lot of erratic beeps/cracks at max sens: now it's perfect, no sound at all at max sens... also using the R55=1M mod accross D12, tested it and works so good, strong and loud sound even for small and far targets, just crack at uncertain zone above max disc... for about 1cm then no sound at all if target is far away.

    Detector is exceptionally stable, yes, and not only about silence when no metal but also stable as performances, always at top.

    In other models, even fully motion, I cannot find the same thing.

    I think the noisy spots in TGS are related to
    -TL062: avoid it and use at least TL072 or TL082, or better a TLC2262, in original schematic was LF442

    then

    -LM358: I have them on circuit but noticed that some of these happen to be more noisy so you have to select them or when e.g. when make many detectors use all from same stock parts.
    -last LM393: you have to use AN version or select a good N one

    LF353 and LM308 seem not involved in erratic noise, even if they are not state of the art of modern ICs.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    3

    BTW i took TGSL on the field with me,several times. It is real coinkiller!
    I noticed ocassional short false signal but couldnt dig what should be problem? It is not so often and not disturbing much, man can work with it just fine. But i would like to understand whole problematic and be awared of it, further to correct it and make it calm and stabile more...
    It has nothing to do with coil itself, it is coming from machine? I tested it very detailed, lower coil of the soil, down it, smack it, push hard and press to soil...? Whenever i want to provoce false signals it doesnt produce it at all???
    But, during prospecting ocassionally it hapening....i just cant establish rule by which is occuring???
    All the time Sense pot is at highes level...Sense is high..Disc is at "2"....
    But when lowering Sense to 60% those short false signals disapears.....
    Same thing was with Musketeer Colt in the past. Isimply couldnt work with it if Sence was full turned on...I had to lower it to 60-70% to make it calm and than to work...Why is that so?
    Lowering Sense at both detectors doesnt affected much depth...maybe few percents...maybe 5, in some cases...so it is not big problem at all. TGSL is even better in this than Musketeer Colt...Less false signals at same Sence point..
    But, again i would like to better understand this, any explanations?
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    2

    No Max, not yet. You mentioned some lack of stabillity than? Is it noticeable much? I will change 22nF to 1nF and see.
    Most iportant thing at detectors for me is stabillity - not depth...I would rather sacrifice some depth due more stabillity...thats why i idore this TGS so much...it is deep and stabile at the same time...
    I made 12 TGSL's so far.All working nice! But have noticed minor differences among them; some of them can produce ocassional,very short false signals....all checked with same coil...It is not coming from coil but from device itself?? What should be a problem. I lost myself in soldering all those pcb's....Need hint on which stage should pay most of attention about stabillity....
    Any hints?
    Bye!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...

    If you want to gain same resistances(i dont see reason for that) than you should make your coils on same former as mine....Wire gauge and number of turns are not enough...Thats why i posted last picture of coil....others to see shape of both coils and way they overlaping...

    Detectoman, yes discrimination is perfect. It can fully discriminate iron,foil,nickel...anything you want...That's disc pot is for...

    Regards!




    Leave a comment:


  • detectoman
    replied
    hups hello brothers
    one question for ivconic or max and others
    these md tgsl discrimin masses? what messure?
    discriminate big object of iron of big paper foil?
    discrimin aluminium? yes or not?
    i am build one prototipe whit only one ic for discriminate i can? maybe yes
    a m in investigations thanks in advance
    thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    detectoman mexico

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Max,
    Which is this R55?
    It's connected across D12, and goes between IC6-A pin1 and IC7-B pin 5.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Max,
    Which is this R55?
    Hi,
    the one in latest posted schematic for GSlight, go to page 35.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Max,
    Which is this R55?

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes Max, R55=1M....Much better response on smaller targets.Overall much better audio,strong,stiff....

    TikTak i really dont know what is problem with your coil. Should turn to a sidekick to solve your problem....
    I gave here 100% accurate datas...


    Ivconic,
    I now that your data are acurate!!!
    I dont have doubts in you but my resistance is aweys higher then yours.
    We are using the same number of turns and the same wire!
    I ask you because you have experiance!
    What battery did you use to suply the circuit?
    As you can see I have problems with this.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi tiktak,
    I guess you mean NiMh cells, right ?

    Ok if you had problems with first circuit you probably haven't discharged them first at least untill 20% of nominal capacity (less is better).

    NiCd and NiMh cells need that battery are cycling charged-discharged to give the best... and avoid bad chemical reactions inside the cells that may damage them (e.g. H2 bubbles production...)

    If you try putting in charge an already charged e.g. NiMh cell you'll probably damage it.

    If e.g. your AC/DC supply gives 15v or more dc voltage and you try to connect battery (pack of 10 cells) already charged the current limiter will came in place limiting to the imposed charge current BUT you'll actually OVERCHARGE the cells pack.

    This have catastrophic effects on NiCd or NiMh: overcharge is destructive for these devices... that's why simple chargers and even complex/bought ones always auto-discharge totally or near-to-totally cells before charge start.

    So next time you need to charge this kind of batteries first use e.g. a 15ohm 20W or 30W big resistor to remove residual charge of them... so after e.g. 20 minutes disconnect resistor and start the charge using the limiter.

    You can use e.g. also a 12v old car lamp... that need e.g. 0,5 amper and watch light drop ad indication of dicharging.

    But I suggest you buy one small charger if you're not sure of what to do / want automate the process.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi,
    Max.
    Yes they are NiMh cells!
    Please explain agai how to discharge!
    Where to conect this resistor?
    I think that you are right.I havent discharge the cells,just played with the TGS and were thinking that they should be charged!!!
    And were in hurry and put them to cahrge for 12 hours!!
    As I told you now when conect to TGS the voltage drops to around 6,6.And when check one buy one cells 7 are 1,2 and 3 shows around 0,6!
    Can only this 3 cells be damaged?
    How can I be shore that the batteries are discharged to 20%?
    I will check now how much curent my ac/dc adapter is giving!
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes Max, R55=1M....Much better response on smaller targets.Overall much better audio,strong,stiff....

    TikTak i really dont know what is problem with your coil. Should turn to a sidekick to solve your problem....
    I gave here 100% accurate datas...
    Hi Ivconic,
    yes it works ... loud now. Thanks.

    BTW have you tryed changing the capacitor (in your schematic is labeled C25) from 22nF to 1nF ? It gave me a faster response of detector on deeper small items (but I've also TLC2262 instead of TL062).

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    1M

    Yes Max, R55=1M....Much better response on smaller targets.Overall much better audio,strong,stiff....

    TikTak i really dont know what is problem with your coil. Should turn to a sidekick to solve your problem....
    I gave here 100% accurate datas...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X