LF353 REPLACEMENTS
Hi all,
I've not tested but from a research I've made seems that a good solution could be :
AD712 from analog devices
I haven't it so can't try, but think is even better than LF353 there.
Another thing that would be even better could be OPA2604 (TI).
If someone here have them please try, then post the results.
Kind regards,
Max
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by tiktak View Postinteresting is that nelsons resistance were too high,and my is too low!
Why?
How you meashure the pik-to-pik voltage?
Is TEA2262 (STM)
category: MISCELLANEOUS I.C.'S
decription: SMPS CONTROLLER
Same thing like TLC2262?
Thanks
Hi tiktak,
about coil 18cm for 1eur is low. But maybe problem is not at coil, maybe some mistake in circuit.
Also you have to exchange rx leads at each test you made... cause if no right phase you'll lose performances.
I swear, that my GS detector detect in air 1eur coin at 27cm, with DD22 without any tuning... even geb in mid position! I had no time for testing and tuning at best now. Coil is the same of bandidoII, no mods., nothing.
So try swap rx leads, sometimes there is the problem; if not you maybe have some wrong thing on PCB.
About TEA2262 is not same of TLC2262, it's another thing (used in TV sets and old VCR, switching power supplies).
If can't find TLC2262 you maybe could find TS27L2 or TS27M2 that are not so well but have much less noise than TL062.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
MINE WAS 13 CMS.
I STILL DON“T HAVE THE TIME TO PLAY WITH MY NEW COIL.
REGARDS
NELSON
Originally posted by tiktak View PostNelson,
What is this distance that you use/look at the picture in my previous post!/for your DD 22 coil?
How is this new coil that you made preformance?
Tks
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
interesting is that nelsons resistance were too high,and my is too low!
Why?
How you meashure the pik-to-pik voltage?
Is TEA2262 (STM)
category: MISCELLANEOUS I.C.'S
decription: SMPS CONTROLLER
Same thing like TLC2262?
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
hi
Hi,
Max.
No differance,even lorst.Less depth.Not shielded,but ......
I will shield tomorrow and tell you results!
Around 18cm for 1 euro coin POOR.....



Leave a comment:
-
PCB Cleaner
Hi tiktak,
This is what you need to look for at the electronics shop -> http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...=27521&doy=9m8
Leave a comment:
-
hi
Hi,
Max.
I just make new coil DD22 with wire from DD28!
But the resistance is almost the same 18,8!
What I am doing wrong?
The turns are 162 for both windings.
I am gonna test and tell you the results.
Ivconic can you tell us is the depth 38 cm in air with 28DD coil for dime?/what you understand buy 1cm coin?/!




Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by tiktak View PostThanks.
My idea is that if I reach 22 cm for 1 euro coin this mean that my coil is good and olny have to change TL082 with 353.
But Ivconic talk about 1cm coin this mean DIME!!!!!
Much smaller than 1 euro coin!
Please explain.
Thanks
yes, but what about coil used. You have to ask Ivconic.
Flux chaining is "proportional" to coil diameter, if you use e.g. 28cm diameter you get some more depth.
1cm coin is very small thing and require a very good coil to detect at big distance.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
hi
Thanks.
My idea is that if I reach 22 cm for 1 euro coin this mean that my coil is good and olny have to change TL082 with 353.
But Ivconic talk about 1cm coin this mean DIME!!!!!
Much smaller than 1 euro coin!
Please explain.
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Already tested:Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Max.
I will listen to you.
And understand and I have no time lately.
I am agree that this is very good detector.I have played with old coil and I was able to discriminate al foil very easy.
Very promising.
I will try this coil now and tell you waht happens.
Can you please change 353 with TL072 or/and TL082 please and tell me the differance in depth?
I will be very happy.
But I doubt that you will have time to do this but still hoppe......
Thanks


lose 4-5cms
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
Hi,
Max.
I will listen to you.
And understand and I have no time lately.
I am agree that this is very good detector.I have played with old coil and I was able to discriminate al foil very easy.
Very promising.
I will try this coil now and tell you waht happens.
Can you please change 353 with TL072 or/and TL082 please and tell me the differance in depth?
I will be very happy.
But I doubt that you will have time to do this but still hoppe......
Thanks

Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by tiktak View PostNelson,
What is this distance that you use/look at the picture in my previous post!/for your DD 22 coil?
How is this new coil that you made preformance?
Tks
Hi tiktak,
follow my instructions... I get 27cm steady for 1 eur coin with my DD22. Very stable performances, very stable detector operations, no hums, nothing at all now. Used TLC2262 instead of TL062.
Find the damn LF353, other things work (e.g. TL072) but 353 is better there, till now.
Tested in all-metal and disc, noticed that in disc I lose about 1cm... due maybe to pot setting... have no time to play with now.
In disc mode it rejects nails and even hammers !
It's a damn good detector, great disc, great stability. I think that with some mods I can beat bandidoII soon even on depth sector.
Sound is like bandidoII: weak, used also 16ohm speaker... no good.
Need to test something else... I have 566 maybe I'll try Ivconic's mod.
My problem is time!
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Nelson,
What is this distance that you use/look at the picture in my previous post!/for your DD 22 coil?
How is this new coil that you made preformance?
Tks
Leave a comment:
-
Max , forget the previus post, here you just placed the answer about flux removers.
Regards
Nelson
Originally posted by Max View PostHi tiktak,
picture posted is right for you. You can follow as guide , no need of perfect D at all. Then null as always.
About thinner for nitrocellulose... well I think it's not a good idea... cause maybe there is some other stuff in the mix. Don't know... if you can find e.g. pure acetone or isopropilic alcohol is better, also your thinner could leave residuals. No way.
You could try also with pure ethanol (but is less efficient removing flux) or ethilic ether (but do not breath it, work outside, heavy toxic).
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Excelent and detailed explanation about flux Max.
So, this weekend i ll remove it from my pcb. The only think that i miss is the solvent name to remove it or may be i can do it just by removing flux from copper tracks, by scraching flux with a smal dentist tool.
Regards
Nelson
Originally posted by Max View PostHi Nelson,
flux is a kind of chemical stuff present in electronic solder wires.
Main purpose is removing superficial oxides (of copper, of components leads...) and so make it easy solder joints on PCBs.
You can also find it in cans... other containers and made of various chemicals, older flux was zinc-cloride based.
Activation of reaction is due by heat (soldering iron heat surfaces and flux) then flux bind oxigen (do you see fumes when solder stuff ?) thus giving e.g. polished copper layer, then lead-tin alloy solder easy surfaces.
When you use quality solder wire, with flux inside (so called "cored solder wire" or just "flux cored", most common is lead+tin+flux-core), you have a kind of residual of chemicals (residual flux) that seems like kind of "grease" near your solders.
That's the flux I mean, that you have to remove.
Other types of solder wire haven't flux inside and require external flux to make good solders (so called "solid solder wire", that often is just lead-tin alloy)
If you don't remove it you could have problems due to unwanted coupling between e.g. op. amps. cause flux is somehow conductive.
There are water soluble flux (like in some kester solder wires e.g. Kester Part # 24-6337-6409) that just require hot water to melt and dissolve from PCB in the water. But more often you have to use solvents to remove it as explained.
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: