Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Hi, well done or not balance the probe or the transducer cable is connected incorrectly
-
Hello,
Recently I have finish TGSL last one.I wanned to test each stage but after oscillator were in a hurry and solder all components respecting the article.
My problem is:when switch on there is detection and disc.But very poor sens only few cm.And when switch allm mode no detection at all!!!Damn I payed attention to each detail.Check several times for error-cant find.
So maybe bad component?My problem is that I solder all ICs directly on PCB.Except 2 X LM308/they have sockets/.
So can someone tell me where to search?
First suspect this mode switch.But test it and it looks ok.
When I took off LM308 that is near 1000m cap.,device have detection in both modes but no disc any more.
Now that no one can solve my problem from distance.Just tired to search for mistake.
Leave a comment:
-
You mean the one with backorifice ?Originally posted by Monsterivan88 View PostHi guys, this is location for LAYOUTView 5.0...
http://uploading.com/files/ab8e8765/viewlayout50.rar/
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Milton:Originally posted by mdiede57 View PostIvconic or Simonbaker
can you re-post a schematic of a working TGS that you've built along with the PCB, parts and layouts? Following these, sometimes I am lost as to what is the latest, and best schematics. I would love to make one, but finding the right schemas can be very tricky now. Either that, or can you email me something that I can work on?
can there also be a section where there's complete postings of schematics with PCB's and lists only that the moderators can only post to, so that we, the typical users, can find complete (working) details?
Thanks,
Milton
[email protected]
It is tough to weed through all the information and find a clear "kit" instructions.
This is the best there is, compiled by Qiaozhi, for a popular version of the TGSL:
I still find it a challenge to make a very good device. It seems the hardest part is making a very good coil that gives top performance. But it should be fairly straight forward to make something that works at least moderately well. It seems to require some dedication and enjoyment in building many models to finally make one that is great, although some people seem to have good luck on first try.
Part of the fun is troubleshooting if your MD doesn't work first time you turn it on. A dual trace oscilloscope is really needed to see what you are doing.
Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Ivconic or Simonbaker
can you re-post a schematic of a working TGS that you've built along with the PCB, parts and layouts? Following these, sometimes I am lost as to what is the latest, and best schematics. I would love to make one, but finding the right schemas can be very tricky now. Either that, or can you email me something that I can work on?
can there also be a section where there's complete postings of schematics with PCB's and lists only that the moderators can only post to, so that we, the typical users, can find complete (working) details?
Thanks,
Milton
[email protected]
Leave a comment:
-
Check the polarity of capacitors and diodes !
Originally posted by geminis74 View Postsorry, pin+ C4 is +6.02 V, pin- C4 230mv,fixed audio is playing.
Leave a comment:
-
Than only thing left is to replace those 2 transistors in chopper stage. Replace those with different kind....
Leave a comment:
-
-5.99 is almost right. What is situation now with audio?Originally posted by geminis74 View PostHello, icvonic.
my coil is not well (14.7 Ohms TX, RX 16.3 Ohms) hare a new one with more turns of wire.
in TR1 collector is 16.8 khz
at CD4024 pin1 is 16.8 khz, 8.4 khz pin12.
is that the problem of not get-6v and not stop ringing?
C4 pin+ reaches -5.99V
Any changes?
Leave a comment:
-
Hello, icvonic.
my coil is not well (14.7 Ohms TX, RX 16.3 Ohms) hare a new one with more turns of wire.
in TR1 collector is 16.8 khz
at CD4024 pin1 is 16.8 khz, 8.4 khz pin12.
is that the problem of not get-6v and not stop ringing?
C4 pin+ reaches -5.99V
Leave a comment:
-
1) No. It should not make a sound.Originally posted by geminis74 View Postsorry if my questions are repeated, but do not understand English and I'm a little confused:
1 - the TGSL without connecting the coil makes a sound?
2 - at the track where I should be-5V go ten 0.74V someone knows what is that?
3 - when I connect my coil the TGSL not stopped ringing since?
thanks in advance to all.


2) Since it is sort of chain relation from TX oscillator to negative voltage generation, you must trace signal from TX 2N2907 collector to chopper stage.
Oscillator works? Yes? No? If yes than next to check is 2N2222 (buffer to 4024).There is frequency on 2N2222 collector? Yes? No? Next...You must have main frequency reading on 4024 pin 1. Than also you must have frequency/2 reading on 4024 pin 12. If yes than everything is OK, except those two transistors in chopper stage (2N3906 and 2N3904). Those can be good and yet not working there, most probably due weak signal on their bases (not enough to excite those transistors). Replace those with different kind; BC107&BC177, BC547&BC557 etc..etc...
3) This is related to already explained problem you have there. Once you get proper negative voltage (-6.xx volts) everything will come on it's place.
Regards!
Leave a comment:
-
http://www.subirimagenes.com/otros-u...d-3445833.html


blue is the track where I have 0.74V?, anyone has any idea why please
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: