Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • perdica 2
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    How did you measure oscillator voltage, meter or scope? If meter, what model?

    Are your ICs in sockets? If so, can you put them in one at a time and check voltage?

    What battery are you using?

    If possible, post good photos of both sides of PCB, and mounted box -- show batteries too.

    Do you have an oscilloscope? People can help if you can probe and show photos of waveforms.

    Many experts here can help I'm sure.

    Regards,

    -SB
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Can you hook up a milliameter in series with the battery and tell us how many milliamps are being drawn?

    One possibility is a bad 7808 regulator, not passing enough current. Or some kind of high resistance (> 50 ohms) in series with supply rails.

    Is the battery rechargable?

    Another area to check are the transistors TR7, TR8. If they are not saturating fully (push-pull) at alternate half-cycles, you may not be supplying enough current. Double check the resistors R9 through R12 biasing and driving those transistors. Make sure 4.7K, not 47K, and 2.2K, not 22K.

    -SB
    you are right it was bad 7808 regulator.Why i dont know i check it before it was fitted up and give 8v.With direct power suplly at out of regulator all voltages are good

    thank's

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Originally posted by Molzar View Post

    Hi,
    Molzar.
    Congratulations!
    So we will see whats inside.And what we miss.
    Nice investition.
    At last................
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    No my problem is not with design.
    Both are good.
    Maybe some missmatch.
    I will solve it.
    Just finish monostable.I will try it at last.But still wonder where to conect the - point from the small PCB.On schematic its -8V and in Ivconic post its says GND.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Ivica.
    I now that you have a lot of work and also you are on other project but Please help here.
    I have made a progress with my TGSL 1265.Buy changing some caps.But still havent recived my pair of LM308 and just for tests 081 but this make a diferance as you now.So I get a prety good responce and loud sound but I have proceeded to change caps and now the sound is broken.Damn.From a begining again.
    I will make a picture with the TRs voltages so you can help.I suspect something there.
    Also can you tell me where to conect the - point from monostable?To -8V or GND?
    I have tryed TLC271 insteed of LM308 but no good.
    Thanks
    Hello Tiktak , If you have crazy noise problems , do not forget about this circuit board lay-out from page 20 of this Golden Sabre thread...............Regards..............Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by perdica 2 View Post
    i don't have a scope,but i have a four tipes of meters
    all components are as they should,batery brand new 12v 1.3a,coil's TX-6mh-20ohm RX-6.5mh-21ohm
    i put components one at a time and only result is smaller and smaller voltage
    -i have made Goldy and no problem with voltages (only moments of crazynes and continius bleeping)
    Can you hook up a milliameter in series with the battery and tell us how many milliamps are being drawn?

    One possibility is a bad 7808 regulator, not passing enough current. Or some kind of high resistance (> 50 ohms) in series with supply rails.

    Is the battery rechargable?

    Another area to check are the transistors TR7, TR8. If they are not saturating fully (push-pull) at alternate half-cycles, you may not be supplying enough current. Double check the resistors R9 through R12 biasing and driving those transistors. Make sure 4.7K, not 47K, and 2.2K, not 22K.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • perdica 2
    replied
    i don't have a scope,but i have a four tipes of meters
    all components are as they should,batery brand new 12v 1.3a,coil's TX-6mh-20ohm RX-6.5mh-21ohm
    i put components one at a time and only result is smaller and smaller voltage
    -i have made Goldy and no problem with voltages (only moments of crazynes and continius bleeping)

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Molzar View Post
    I hope someone on this forum gets it!

    Note: small concentric coils -- what I expected to go with quick response circuitry. TGS probably not designed for depth and big targets like we push it.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by perdica 2 View Post
    i made tgs on 1256 PSB and;
    -oscilator good 14kh 4.3vAC
    -voltages only with CD4024 good +8v and -6v
    but when i put all ICs voltages drop to a +5v and -2.5
    can anyone tell what can cause the prolem
    i checked all components ten times
    How did you measure oscillator voltage, meter or scope? If meter, what model?

    Are your ICs in sockets? If so, can you put them in one at a time and check voltage?

    What battery are you using?

    If possible, post good photos of both sides of PCB, and mounted box -- show batteries too.

    Do you have an oscilloscope? People can help if you can probe and show photos of waveforms.

    Many experts here can help I'm sure.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • perdica 2
    replied
    problem

    i made tgs on 1256 PSB and;
    -oscilator good 14kh 4.3vAC
    -voltages only with CD4024 good +8v and -6v
    but when i put all ICs voltages drop to a +5v and -2.5
    can anyone tell what can cause the prolem
    i checked all components ten times

    Leave a comment:


  • Molzar
    replied
    Golden Sabre on E-Bay



    Only about 8 hours Left!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Ivica.
    I now that you have a lot of work and also you are on other project but Please help here.
    I have made a progress with my TGSL 1265.Buy changing some caps.But still havent recived my pair of LM308 and just for tests 081 but this make a diferance as you now.So I get a prety good responce and loud sound but I have proceeded to change caps and now the sound is broken.Damn.From a begining again.
    I will make a picture with the TRs voltages so you can help.I suspect something there.
    Also can you tell me where to conect the - point from monostable?To -8V or GND?
    I have tryed TLC271 insteed of LM308 but no good.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hi Eugene,

    So you could find a place without net and cellphones? this still exist on Earth ?!! Cool !
    Good luck !,
    Fred.

    Yes, he used the old map from Esteban... and your Google air photo....???

    I think he found Treasere Island.....

    Ap
    Hello Everyone , There is strong signal in town , but where I am working is
    Only 1 bar of wep / wpa encrypted internet signal 802g , Labeled as "2wire" ................. I am now eligible to be on that famous TV show called "Worlds Most dirtiest & Crummiest remotely Located "ISOLATED" Job in the world" Yup , if its not there , I will find it...............Take care everyone.....................Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Yes, he used the old map from Esteban... and your Google air photo....???
    I think he found Treasere Island.....
    Ap
    Hi Ap,
    I hope so!! after all he was the one referring giving 10%
    Good luck,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Can this tesoro be made with diode indication for detection?
    I mean when there is a target the light on.This might be usefull.

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Hi Eugene,

    So you could find a place without net and cellphones? this still exist on Earth ?!! Cool !
    Good luck !,
    Fred.


    Yes, he used the old map from Esteban... and your Google air photo....???

    I think he found Treasere Island.....

    Ap

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X