Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    if I'm not wrong Ap referred that Goldy PCB ver 3.2 have problems due to noise (bleeping at output)... not about Vladimir's designs.

    Anyway, thanks for your reminder.

    I've planned of making goldy too... but at this moment I haven't suitable material for double sided photo-process... so I'm playing with that sinlge sided board for now.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Hehe! I had simillar problem Max! You know what? You do bottom side as usually. Than draw manually top side. It is much simplified....few lines...not much of drawing...That's how i done mine pcb's...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Max i really dont know yet. Havent finished small Vladimir's pcb. But refering TL081/082 i can tell you pretty sure that TL082 will work just fine. We debated in the past about TL081. Once i claimed it will work. Later when put on Goldy, TL081 gave me a lot of falses....I was absolute sure that TL081 cant replace LM308. But later again i founded out those falses are not due TL081 replaced LM308. So again i retreived TL081 on Goldy pcb and now is working excellent. Actually all falses came from later stage due resistor mismatch; the one 2K2 instead 33K. Later i experimented a while and found 8K2 is most suitable there. Maintain good audio volume yet great stabillity. Also allows me to use 8 ohm speaker, since 16 ohms speaker is hard to obtain.10K instead will present best compromise and will eleiminate all possible falses in audio. Actually the rest of device is pretty "calm" and stabile. 90% of falses came from that resistor mismatch.
    Now, with TL081 on LM308's place, device is working excellent and i dont see differences at all. Same depth, same performances. After lot of troubles i was right from the begining; TL081/082 can replace LM308 here in this particular design. So answer should be YES you can finish Vladimir's pcb. If some problem occurs later, those will not be due TL082 for sure.
    Actually, Darko reported here good experiences with Vladimir's pcb. So only difference between his and your pcb is just in LM308/TL082....
    I am sure it will work very good.
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Hi Max,

    What could be a reason for non working TGSL in DISC mode? What should be I check?

    Regards,
    Darko
    Hi,
    if it works in all metal and not in disc problem is maybe at disc signal to gate of fet.

    When you put it in all-metal the disc channel fet get its gate signal from the delay network (resistance + capacitor) that is just a few shifted from geb sampling signal due to the RC network.

    Thus I think that maybe your disc signal have something wrong:
    - check the section of LF353 near disc pot expecially capacitor value there
    - check also at LM393 after the pot that actually drive the fet's gate

    If you have scope you can look at signal directly ...otherwise just check components and connection/solder joints for mistakes.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    if I'm not wrong Ap referred that Goldy PCB ver 3.2 have problems due to noise (bleeping at output)... not about Vladimir's designs.

    Anyway, thanks for your reminder.

    I've planned of making goldy too... but at this moment I haven't suitable material for double sided photo-process... so I'm playing with that sinlge sided board for now.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max,

    What could be a reason for non working TGSL in DISC mode? What should be I check?

    Regards,
    Darko

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,

    I remember Ap saying one of the small boards was giving problems, i dont know wich one, but i think there was coupling problems because os closers and smaller tracks.
    Fred.
    Hi,
    if I'm not wrong Ap referred that Goldy PCB ver 3.2 have problems due to noise (bleeping at output)... not about Vladimir's designs.

    Anyway, thanks for your reminder.

    I've planned of making goldy too... but at this moment I haven't suitable material for double sided photo-process... so I'm playing with that sinlge sided board for now.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Max,

    I remember Ap saying one of the small boards was giving problems, i dont know wich one, but i think there was coupling problems because os closers and smaller tracks.
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    TikTak i am using my handmade charger.
    This one allows charging various batteries. To adjust for given battery you must put proper zener diode there. For 12v/1.3Ah battery i usually put ZD13.
    Also charging current can be adjusted with R5. I put there 22R. But this mostly depends of used transformer. Some small transformers wont allow proper charging if R5 is lower than 30R..
    Led diodes are there to indicate charging state....
    This charger automatically stop charging when battery is fully charged.You do not to pay attention on charging time, just connect and forget!
    Hi Ivconic,
    about Vladimir's designs ...what's the best of them... is the one with 308s or the one that uses TL082... ?

    I found the tl082 one pretty small board and made really good using photo-process and a ultra-thin glassfiber board... but there aren't pads for the decoupling capacitors.

    I've made the smaller board with TL082... and don't mounted yet...but I can also make the other board... what do you think is better to build?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Charger

    TikTak i am using my handmade charger.
    This one allows charging various batteries. To adjust for given battery you must put proper zener diode there. For 12v/1.3Ah battery i usually put ZD13.
    Also charging current can be adjusted with R5. I put there 22R. But this mostly depends of used transformer. Some small transformers wont allow proper charging if R5 is lower than 30R..
    Led diodes are there to indicate charging state....
    This charger automatically stop charging when battery is fully charged.You do not to pay attention on charging time, just connect and forget!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    yes I think this is the last posted one by Ivconic that uses TL082. I've made the board... though I had a problem with orientation of printed film first time... so I've made a wrong board first time and a remade just few minutes ago... so I have it now.

    As I see in your picture your PCB is different: does it work good ?

    I'm thinking of making this last version... using the double op amp. but not TL082... I'll check some components and see the effects.

    I think I'll find some good dual instead of 2 LM308 this time.

    But I think I need some luck...

    Best regards,
    Max
    Well, I had problem with placing commponents, mispleced some of them. I correct already that. Now machine works, but in DISC mode no response at all. Maybe I have problem with FET's again. I don't know. Now I use 2n4393 and maybe some of them not functioning properly. I will check that. I tested LF351 instead of LM308 as you sugested and for me, seems there are no differencies but I cannot say until TGSL become fully operational. I hope, my TGSL will be operational very soon. In any case I learn something new every day here about electronics and my English are better and better.

    P.S. I think latest Vladimir's version of PCB is with 308s.

    Regards,
    Darko

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Tiktak,

    I could get 50mv with oscilloscope,and VERY dificult, but it was before i put the shields.After results were not so good,with a multimenter you may have somewhat diferent readings,i think with 150mv it is very good.
    Then sens pot should be working!
    Fred

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Should I disconect LF353 pin 7 ,Because this time I just put one wire in IC soket for pin7 and try to null.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    -Tiktak,
    You connect the - of your multimeter to the - of the battery,and the + to pin 7 of lf 353.you will never get 0V , but try to go as low as possible.

    -Thanks, Nelson!

    Regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    I have tryed.Its a better then other method that I use because I dont have to solder and desolder wires again and again,BUT when I reach 150 mV I can see that its begin to work fine but yesterday I reach 00,7 and the sound disapiar?
    Why?
    Today I were amaized when reach 175 mV it sounds perfect only a little bit more sensitivity is nececery.
    You told me that I have to reach around 50,0 mV so the coil will be nulled good.
    Please explain
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Hi Max,

    Schematic you posted here is with TL082. I use PCB drawing and schematic from PDF earlier posted here and this schematic is with LM308s. And all is ok with schematic and PCB drawings.

    Regards,
    Darko
    Hi,
    yes I think this is the last posted one by Ivconic that uses TL082. I've made the board... though I had a problem with orientation of printed film first time... so I've made a wrong board first time and a remade just few minutes ago... so I have it now.

    As I see in your picture your PCB is different: does it work good ?

    I'm thinking of making this last version... using the double op amp. but not TL082... I'll check some components and see the effects.

    I think I'll find some good dual instead of 2 LM308 this time.

    But I think I need some luck...

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    the PCB design is Vladimir's work... not mine. I've just cleaned up the colors to make big contrast in print of it.

    I think he used maybe sprint layout to do it.

    Capacitors I mean are like C22 or C30 in Ivconic's schematic...at supply pins of op amps... of course one could choose to connect them on the copperside soldering on existing pads and gnd tracks... if needed.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max,

    Schematic you posted here is with TL082. I use PCB drawing and schematic from PDF earlier posted here and this schematic is with LM308s. And all is ok with schematic and PCB drawings.

    Regards,
    Darko

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X